Line of Duty.

John Lambies Doos

Arnott is still suspicious of ted as well, thats why he went to the widow of Stephen grahams character and started asking about new telly, sky sports etc 

Mind ted gave her half the "bung" he supposedly took last series, arnott seen them in the ac12 building and something will come out of it as well i think

On 29/03/2021 at 00:00, 8MileBU said:

Wondered too whether we're meant to be thinking she knows about him. I’m thinking that at the moment he knows about her but she doesn’t know about him.

Although it’s still early doors this series and there’s been nothing too definite, I’m thinking that Kate’s is onto Davidson and Ryan but is playing the long game and is still working for AC12.

Yup, but i think she was originally sent undercover to spy on buckles, and they just lucked into ryan and Davidson 

How likely would it be that someone like Ryan who, having been involved in and questioned about some serious offences as a kid, would manage to become a police officer? Someone mentioned a corrupt copper at the top will have fast-tracked him to the position he’s in now, but wouldn’t there be a massive question mark over his head given his past?

I suppose it’s not impossible that his record was wiped, or that he couldn’t be discriminated against because he was only questioned and not actually charged/convicted of anything (can’t quite remember the outcome of his part in it all).

How likely would it be that someone like Ryan who, having been involved in and questioned about some serious offences as a kid, would manage to become a police officer? Someone mentioned a corrupt copper at the top will have fast-tracked him to the position he’s in now, but wouldn’t there be a massive question mark over his head given his past?

I suppose it’s not impossible that his record was wiped, or that he couldn’t be discriminated against because he was only questioned and not actually charged/convicted of anything (can’t quite remember the outcome of his part in it all).
Yeah I don't think that's likely at all. Is he still called Ryan Pilkington in series 6? Was thinking maybe a change of identity?

8 minutes ago, Biscuits said:
2 hours ago, smpar said:

Yeah I don't think that's likely at all. Is he still called Ryan Pilkington in series 6? Was thinking maybe a change of identity?

Yeap, he still has the same name.

Yeah I’ve been thinking the exact same thing, it’s not the most plausible story really. A kid who literally tortures a police officer and is interviewed on record by the police for his involvement with organised crime, and apparently nobody flags it when he applies for the police? And then is promoted rapidly to well above his station?

I can't speak for the Police, but I know of plenty of HMP staff who have slipped through the net on recruitment including one who, it transpired, had spent six of the twelve months before joining in Syria.

On 30/03/2021 at 14:01, Honest_Man#1 said:

Yeah I’ve been thinking the exact same thing, it’s not the most plausible story really. A kid who literally tortures a police officer and is interviewed on record by the police for his involvement with organised crime, and apparently nobody flags it when he applies for the police? And then is promoted rapidly to well above his station?

I'd guess that there's a huge number of "bent coppers" who assisted him in getting to where he is.

If I wanted plausible thought-provoking television then I wouldn't be watching Line Of Duty. I'd stick on The Wire instead.

It's the most clichéd, one-trick, hackneyed, drama on TV. It's big, dumb, blockbuster fun. And I enjoy every moment of it. 

Edited by yoda

3 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Gates handcuffed him to a drainpipe and she met him there, then she literally interviewed him about Tommy.

She had a quick glance at him handcuffed, then interviewed him once, a decade later, through puberty and a lot of growing up, its easy to see how she wouldnt jump right away and say "i fucking know you" 

2 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

I know it's their job to be perceptive and all that, but I doubt I'd recognise a customer I dealt with at my work nine years ago. Especially if they were a child back then.

I dont recognise siblings of mates that i grew up with, and i definitely seen these people more than once when they were younger, 

I could just about stretch to the fact that a very experienced police officer who has also gone undercover for large periods of time, meaning she must have a good eye for detail, not recognising Ryan's face. But as soon as she saw his name it would click.