Line of Duty.

John Lambies Doos

5 hours ago, MarkoRaj said:

Doesn't really make sense to act like that in a police interview though I don't think.

Any real police interview I've ever watched starts off really friendly only to get more and more persuasive later on. They're supposed to be eliciting a confession. How is being a patronising c**t ever going to achieve that?

Not to say the character wasn't good at it, I just don't think it worked

I would say she was patronising from the start because she felt they had all the info needed to nail hastings as "H" she felt she didnt need a confession and was simply bragging throughout the interview

17 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

BTW if you’re a fan of Stephen Graham you should watch Save Me on Sky Go

Yes, it was excellent. 

Stephen Graham is in The Virtues, ch4 at 9pm on Wednesday. 4 parter. I'm gonna give it a go. Sky+ set up ready. 

How did we get from Cottan spelling out the bent high ranking copper's surname and dying after one letter. To both the OCG and AC-12 calling him codename H? 

AC-12 I get, because that's all they have to go on, but why were McQueen and Corbett calling them H?

How did we get from Cottan spelling out the bent high ranking copper's surname and dying after one letter. To both the OCG and AC-12 calling him codename H? 

AC-12 I get, because that's all they have to go on, but why were McQueen and Corbett calling them H?

Yeah that’s a hole in the plot IMO and my wife and i discussed it too.

AC-12 kept that recording under lock and key so no one else would know the initial and it suddenly became a widely used code name.

10 hours ago, dave.j said:

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

AC-12 kept that recording under lock and key so no one else would know the initial and it suddenly became a widely used code name.

Hastings told them, he's H

18 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Hilton was in with the OCG and he got a hold of the tape from Maneet in series 4 mind. 

Edited by Rugster

4 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Hilton was in with the OCG and he got a hold of the tape from Maneet in series 4 mind. 

True. When did Corbett go off the radar and undercover though, I had it in my head it was pre the whole Hilton thing.

That's fine that Hilton or Gill were aware of AC-12 using H as a short, because they didn't know his full name... Still doesn't explain why even if either fed it back to the OCG, why they would then start doing it too. and it would suddenly become a Codename

To add to it, Cottan was spelling out H's surname... on the second letter he died around F or G. He was alive at A and didn't blink, so it was never HAstings, likewise not someone with the Surname beginning HE***.

It could only be HI****, HO**** or HU****, seen as no names start H followed by a consonant.

Edit to add, Hilton would never have seen the Incident Room, with his picture below the letter H. all he knew of the teams progress was once he saw Cottan's dying confession, so would have no idea until then that they were looking for someone with the Surname H*****.

seems a bit ridiculous that the OCG would suddenly change the name they call the anonamous person. thats the boss on the laptop, thats the gaffer on the laptop... to suddenly thats H on the laptop, just because theyd been given that info. if anything, being given that info would encourage them not to use it,

Edited by dave.j

The only way I can make sense of it is that the OCG were already referring to a “being” known as H. That H was actually the group of four (Dot, Gill, Hilton and A.N.Other) and someone came up with the letter H thing much earlier based of the 4 dots of the morse code.

It doesn’t make much sense for Dot to have come up with a morse code reference to H when he’s seconds from dying. He managed to get Kate to the letter H while using his hands to try and show the code – Kate asked him for a name but he didn’t specify that’s what it was. He dies before she reaches H a second time and may have planned to blink to H four times in a row to represent multiple people.

Lower members of the OCG could be told of H as though it’s one person – which would also mean the amount of work the group can do/influence they have is more impressive as it’s that of four people, portrayed as one.

Even that would leave the final unrevealed person with a hell of a lot to do, unless all members of group H are still controlled/blackmailed by a higher up member of the OCG.

Edited by Jaggy Snake