Line of Duty.

John Lambies Doos

I'll maybe need to watch it again, did Hastings grass in Corbett to Lee Banks in the prison or was that explained another way?
The OCG knew Crobett was a grass because they had a guy working security at the shopping centre who told them he'd spotted the police sniper team, which meant someone leaked the details of the meeting. It was only Corbett and McQueen who knew of the meeting. McQueen herself said that she knew he was a rat but now that he was an undercover officer. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Ted expanded on what info he got from Lee Banks.

I felt they dragged that episode out for the first hour, and then crashed up the tempo in the last half hour.

I'm no great lover of a whodunnit generally and I admit to being a bit bored as we got to the end of the first hour. By the end it had me on the edge of my seat though, so can't complain.

5 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

The bit with Lisa McQueen getting a new identity and warning young offenders about the dangers of criminal activity must be about the only "happy" flashforward we've ever had on LoD? Was I meant to know where Gill ended up or was it just that it was a pokey ex-council house after the earlier comment that she enjoyed the finer things in life?

I was also puzzled at her saying ( I think) that Corbett was killed by the Slavonic chap and the gang were all dead-I am sure it was the Ryan guy in Episode 4 who the appears as the new entrant to Police training? It reminded me of the "Departed" film plot? Still plenty of loose threads for Series 6.  Have enjoyed the series but the last 15 minutes did defy logic but that's the fun

I was also puzzled at her saying ( I think) that Corbett was killed by the Slavonic chap and the gang were all dead-I am sure it was the Ryan guy in Episode 4 who the appears as the new entrant to Police training? It reminded me of the "Departed" film plot? Still plenty of loose threads for Series 6.  Have enjoyed the series but the last 15 minutes did defy logic but that's the fun
Yep, Ryan was part of the OCG. He was also in series 1 as a kid who was used by the gang to handle the burner phones. The big Slav was in series 1 too.

43 minutes ago, underdogunderdog underdog said:
1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:
What I don't understand is why that ginger polis tried to stab Gail Gigolo in the bogs... how did she ever hope to get away with it? That's a lifetime in the slammer and for what?

I thought maybe the ginger cop is maybe part of the OCG and didn't want Gill telling AC12 any more info.

Maybe she is, but seems a bit far-fetched that she would take one for the entire OCG and get sent to jail for the rest of her life (especially for murdering a fellow polis)

8 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Maybe she is, but seems a bit far-fetched that she would take one for the entire OCG and get sent to jail for the rest of her life (especially for murdering a fellow polis)

don't think the OGC let you have a choice as to whether you follow instructions or not,if that's what shes tasked to do that's what she has to do

many unanswered questions after this-teds computer,what he talked to the guy in jail about,his role in the lass going missing in NI

How on Earth did Dot moving his fingers suddenly become morse code?  Seeing that there's very little chance you'd think "oh he's clearly doing morse code!"

First 5 episodes - excellent.

First hour of episode 6 - nerve wracking and excellent.

Ending - pish. 

The biggest problem I had this season was the fact that there wasn't anybody else who could be the bad guy.  In past seasons there's been more characters and you have a tough time figuring it out but this season there was Gill and nobody else.

My prediction for the 4th baddie will be the guy played by Ace Bhatti (was in Shetland series 3).

How on Earth did Dot moving his fingers suddenly become morse code?  Seeing that there's very little chance you'd think "oh he's clearly doing morse code!"
Ending - pish. 
The biggest problem I had this season was the fact that there wasn't anybody else who could be the bad guy.  In past seasons there's been more characters and you have a tough time figuring it out but this season there was Gill and nobody else.
My prediction for the 4th baddie will be the guy played by Ace Bhatti (was in Shetland series 3).

As someone pointed out on Twitter, how could Steve see that Dot was tapping his fingers at all from a still picture, never mind make the leap to it being Morse code?

2 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
32 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:
Ending - pish. 

As someone pointed out on Twitter, how could Steve see that Dot was tapping his fingers at all from a still picture, never mind make the leap to it being Morse code?

I think the fact he's probably seen the film numerous times before would mean that he would probably have noticed the finger twitches before but maybe the picture brought the memory back.  The whole "IT MUST BE A CODE" thing is just looking for something that isn't there.

Hadn't seen any of this before - started binging series 1 on Friday, and am up to date now. Fucking hell, what a programme.

There are obviously plot holes, but it's written so cleverly that they can get round them. And on that point, I'm excited to see how being a phone runner for an OCG with links high up in the Police Service either no longer exists on Ryan's record, or isn't enough to prevent him joining the Police!

59 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

On the last series - the last two episodes were pretty slow and boring, I thought

I felt that all of the interviews with Ted when it looked like he was fucked was excellent.  The moment that he suddenly was out of trouble was when it all went wrong.

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Hadn't seen any of this before - started binging series 1 on Friday, and am up to date now. Fucking hell, what a programme.

There are obviously plot holes, but it's written so cleverly that they can get round them. And on that point, I'm excited to see how being a phone runner for an OCG with links high up in the Police Service either no longer exists on Ryan's record, or isn't enough to prevent him joining the Police!

Yeah this bit seemed like poor writing to me. How on earth would the police just forget about him and let him sign up? :lol:

15 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

She covered for the wee c**t going to police college, immunity etc still didnt stop her being loyal to the OCG, she simply dropped the dead guys into it instead

10 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Yeah this bit seemed like poor writing to me. How on earth would the police just forget about him and let him sign up? :lol:

Clearly someone pulling the strings on that, plus his heartfelt childhood story wins a few brownie points

Or it shite writing lol

3 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

WOW. it took me 9 days to get through it... just over a long weekend for 43 hours worth of TV.... guess you have no family?