Line of Duty.

John Lambies Doos

90 minutes of brilliant television, i thought Gill was the guilty one for a while but didnt have her highly ranked enough to be H. Makes sense now that there are 4 of them.

I am a wee bit disappointed that the H story wasn't tied up after tonight. There also wasnt enough of Steves girlfriend this week 

90 minutes of brilliant television, i thought Gill was the guilty one for a while but didnt have her highly ranked enough to be H. Makes sense now that there are 4 of them.
I am a wee bit disappointed that the H story wasn't tied up after tonight. There also wasnt enough of Steves girlfriend this week 
Another brilliant series. Poor Steve though...20190505_235253.jpg

My one gripe with this episode was the convenient way that they found a recording implicating gill in setting up ted, and it closed the series out so quickly, other than that it was good

Oh and notice how they left it quite ambiguous about wether ted is "H" or not, they didn't actually disprove that theory

Personally I thought it was 75 minutes of brilliance followed by 15 minutes of very lazy, very meh 'conclusions'. Very very deflated after all that to be honest but maybe it is just because the build-up to it was so fantastic that the payoff didn't match all of that. 

Personally I thought it was 75 minutes of brilliance followed by 15 minutes of very lazy, very meh 'conclusions'. Very very deflated after all that to be honest but maybe it is just because the build-up to it was so fantastic that the payoff didn't match all of that. 

That was my feeling tbh. Loved the episode as a whole and that it was almost all an interview setting. But the conclusion was a bit meh. Seemed quite obvious early on in the episode that it was gill framing him so was hoping for an additional twist.

Think a lot of it was just teeing up next series too.

Absolutely hated that Carmichael, she was doing my box in. Patronising wee smirks and noises to ted, clearly pushing for a few good men outburst from him.

Had the feeling that Ted was Corbett dad or something the way he reacted to finding out he was that Anne-Maries boy.

Edited by PrestersKTID

Ha Ha I felt the same thing "hold on is Ted his dad"

I suppose the twist for season 6 could be it is Ted all along. although he wouldn't be living in a hotel if he was the mastermind surely?

I didn't like that he kept the £50k and gave it to the widow, even though it was the right thing to do it goes against who he is, following the letter of the law. Love the lassie with the lugs getting a telling from Kate ' stop being a tit and piss off'

Ted's reaction made it clear to me that he obviously knew Ann Marie's "wee fella" better than he was letting on, but the dates make it unlikely to me that he was his dad. IIRC they said Corbett was 9 when she disappeared, but Ted joined the RUC in 1982, that would mean any affair would have to have started long before he was a copper.

Superb for the most part , but as with the series which ended with Dot dying , the ending was poor in comparison to the rest of the series.

In both cases there was a lower ranking copper who had hardly , if at all , featured before, far too conveniently deployed in an influential role.  With the previous series it was one of the armed officers standing guard while Dot was being interrogated who  helped  Dot to escape.  This time it was Martina Tranter who tried to kill Gill. Too much of a suspension of disbelief for both of them being selected by their superior officers to be part of the relevant squad , to have any credibility.

i'll stick this here in case other folk were having a similarly hard time working out what Gill's involvement in the 'bigger picture" might have been (my post from another on-line discussion about the programme...); only my take on things, mind, so could be complete bollocks as per usual

Again, there was little depth to Ms Biggeloe's motives - it wasn't explored or used with any dramatic force ... mebbe kept for Series 6?

you need to look backwards, not forwards, for her involvement; season three - Ted makes it very clear that she was appointed to her PPC position by one of the high-ranking figures implicated in the child-abuse case; she does everything she can to convince him to end AC12's involvement with the investigation - presumably due to the acute embarrassment/guilt by association that would come her way if all those involved were outed; Ted refuses to comply point blank which she cites as being "his biggest mistake"; she's also not best pleased at her advances being rebuffed - after dinner and a kiss - by Ted, citing his marriage vows as per usual. There's more than enough motive there for her to want him discredited and AC12 finished...

One thing thats bugged me is that they only found £50,000 of the £100,000 that Moffat had given Hastings. At the end you see Ted about to give it to Corbets wife however he wouldve had to have put that money aside a while back as he wasnt allowed in his hotel room when they made the find. Also, Ted didnt find out about Corbets connection to Ann Marie until he was getting interviewed so he cant have put the money away for that reason?

The bit with Lisa McQueen getting a new identity and warning young offenders about the dangers of criminal activity must be about the only "happy" flashforward we've ever had on LoD? Was I meant to know where Gill ended up or was it just that it was a pokey ex-council house after the earlier comment that she enjoyed the finer things in life?