Line of Duty.

John Lambies Doos

19 minutes ago, philpy said:

Did Corbett's Irish parents possibly have some dealings with Hastings' family back in Ireland??

Notice he was adopted, wouldn't put it past Mercurio to reveal that Hastings was Corbett's real dad. 

Did Corbett's Irish parents possibly have some dealings with Hastings' family back in Ireland??

Was there not a mention of one of Hastings friends that was killed by a bomb in Ireland? Maybe a connection with Corbett.

Great episode again.

I think the Hastings teasers are too obvious, as others have said i think he must have his own undercover operation going on.

Had a feeling Stephen graham was going to be killed when Hastings sent the message saying to ‘close it all down’. Admittedly that makes little sense if I don’t believe Hastings is involved but hey ho.

12 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Didn't realise that Stephen Graham is mixed race according to today's Herald. Grandfather was from Jamaica or summat and he got grief at school over it.

I always thought it weird he played a mad racist in TiE due to him being mixed race.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Was there not a mention of one of Hastings friends that was killed by a bomb in Ireland? Maybe a connection with Corbett.

Yeah in the first series, he and another Catholic were targeted by a bomb. 

26 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Didn't realise that Stephen Graham is mixed race according to today's Herald. Grandfather was from Jamaica or summat and he got grief at school over it.

Yeah, I read that a few years ago, he obviously played the racist skinhead Combo in This is England, as he begins to see the error of his ways he is pictured holding a photo of his own actual grandparents to highlight the lunacy of Combo's racist preaching when he himself has black genealogy. 

20 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

"Nobody's blacker than me son"

There have been so many twists and sub plots throughout the five series so far it's difficult to keep track of them all, I have no recollection of that scene and information. 

It's the kind of thing Jed Mercurio will throw in with the intention of using much later down the line, like Jacki Laverty's body, murdered in the first series still being in a freezer last night. 

21 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

There have been so many twists and sub plots throughout the five series so far it's difficult to keep track of them all, I have no recollection of that scene and information.

It's the kind of thing Jed Mercurio will throw in with the intention of using much later down the line, like Jacki Laverty's body, murdered in the first series still being in a freezer last night. 

Not surprising as it was first broadcast in July 2012, everyone looking so young - only remembered that quote as I binged watched series 1 again last month.

Thought they said his real parents died when he was ten hence the adoption to liverpool
That's what she said. They're definately hinting at a link to Hastings and with Mercurio, you just do not know whether it'll lead somewhere or not.

All that drama, and Ted saying “wee gobshite” was still my highlight of the episode. I don’t know how I’ll cope if he turns out to be a bent copper.

Guest Moomintroll

I have only started watching this over the last few weeks in spite of my wife being enraptured over the previous series that have been on. I can only conclude that I am a monumental f**kwit.

Stephen Graham stealing scenes as always, what an actor
And Polly Walker (Gill) is still a massive wid. See Rome from 2005-2007 for peak Polly imo

Much to my embarrassment, I freely admit to having never seen Ms. Walker prior to LoD. [emoji44]
I have much catching up to do. [emoji7]