Line of Duty.

John Lambies Doos

Agree with the Graham love - he's consistently excellent. Can't see Hastings being the wrong'un, but wouldn't put anything past the writer. Phenomenal drama, and I can't believe it took till late last year to start watching it. The wait for season four to appear on Netflix was bad enough - regular week long droughts are going to be torture!

Guest Moomintroll

I have been quite contrarian in ignoring this programme while my wife watched it. Starting paying attention halfway through last nights episode, I am quite the fud as that was top level acting & writing.

Agree with the Graham love - he's consistently excellent. Can't see Hastings being the wrong'un, but wouldn't put anything past the writer. Phenomenal drama, and I can't believe it took till late last year to start watching it. The wait for season four to appear on Netflix was bad enough - regular week long droughts are going to be torture!

Are seasons 1-4 not available on iplayer?

I like the reference back to series 1 with the crime gang, especially the Eastern European lad calling the bolt cutters his "favourites" when they came out to open the van. I love wee references like that :lol:

20 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Stephen Graham is absolutely phenomenal in this. No surprise really after watching him in Boardwalk Empire.

It’s not Hastings though. They’ve dropped too many hints that it’s almost obviously not him.

Aye but it could be a double bluff, too many obvious hints to make us go "nah its not hastings as its too obvious" then whack they dump a big pile of bent hastings on us

Plus mercurio likes a high up bent copper, that's both line of duty and bodyguard both had them 

1 hour ago, 54_and_counting said:

Aye but it could be a double bluff, too many obvious hints to make us go "nah its not hastings as its too obvious" then whack they dump a big pile of bent hastings on us

This is how I'm seeing it play out as well. The double bluff is always good fun to watch.

15 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Vicky McClure though. Wid or wid not?

tumblr_oni8yavCsP1vtjxl4o7_250.gif

Is that even a question!

If there is a double bluff, I reckon it's more likely that Corbett is bent. Either way, he's not getting out of this alive.

7 hours ago, Radford said:

Is that even a question!

If there is a double bluff, I reckon it's more likely that Corbett is bent. Either way, he's not getting out of this alive.

I'd wondered that about Corbett, too, but it'd be a bit of a dickpull to make him a fully corrupt cop after the 2nd episode. Trying to think back but it seemed pretty clear that he was telling the truth that the 1st protection detail were on the take but not the 2nd, he's not cut all contact with his wife, and I'm not sure what his endgame would be roping Steve in - does seem like he got in contact with Steve after finally getting the message via laptop from "H" and being told Steve's not bent so worth trusting. Also makes sense that if its top level corruption he's being hamstrung into goimg after low level targets only. Dumping the body the same way Hilton went seems like he wanted AC-12 to connect the dots?

Even so I found it incredibly off that the 2nd team never even returned fire (not the lead car but the one behind the van who looked like they had plenty time to get out and shoot but never fired a single round) and it looked like he was trying to stop the cop from getting shot so f**k knows :lol:. Fully agree he's toast at some point.

Tbh im probably going to have to binge watch start to finish on a rewatch when its all over. Enjoying the ride. Still no idea what the Irish property thing was all about - Hastings to get framed?

There was a line in the first season which was almost word for word taken from The Wire "come at the king, you best not miss" and i think there's been at least a couple of other nods too, so I wonder if it'll extend to Hastings being like Daniels - historical dirt thats being held against him.

I was thinking about this earlier and there’s nothing to say Cafferty is even telling the truth. If it’s the case that Hastings is the fall guy she may have been pressured into identifying him if it ever came to that.

It’s more likely however that Dot is alive and Hastings kept it covered up.

12 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

There was a line in the first season which was almost word for word taken from The Wire "come at the king, you best not miss" and i think there's been at least a couple of other nods too, so I wonder if it'll extend to Hastings being like Daniels - historical dirt thats being held against him.

Related image

Anyone think that Hastings might actually be getting forced to be a front for the real "H", taking instructions from someone else, making him a fall guy as well when things go tits up?

Could see Hastings being arrested and interviewed - despite being innocent - at some point (bit like Steve was set up by Dot a couple seasons ago).

Mind you, they’ll need to find an officer at least one rank superior...