Line of Duty.

John Lambies Doos

Been watching all four series over the last couple of weeks.  All still available on I-Player at the moment. A few observations/predictions :-

First time I'd seen series 1 and I reckon it was probably the best of the lot.

I agree with a lot of folk that the formal interview scenes are the highlights.

Best single episode - the first one of series 3 when Daniel Mays was outstanding

Worst bit - the ending to seies 3 from the moment Dot Cotton's accomplice , an armed cop, started shooting in the AC-12 HQ to help Dot escape. A "jump-the-shark" moment for me . Reminded me on "Between the Lines" which was a similar BBC drama from about 25 years ago. The first two series of it were brilliant , and well worth tracking down on You Tube.  But after that it went more action-and-adventure  , than police internal  complaints procedures.

Hastings can't be bent , can he ?........but I think his Masonic links could be played on a lot more in the next series

Dot Cotton's dying declaration about "H" is a red herring.  He was clearly a very bad apple , so it's obvious that he was actually trying to say "H-E-A-R-T-S......if you cannae spell it....."

The closing scenes in series 4 didn't mention Jamie being disciplined or sent down or anything like that. Or even that he changed his name to Max Lowe and joined the Witness Proection Programme in  Aberdeen on loan from Derby.  Anyway , I wouldn't be surprised if he features again somewhere down the line.

Hastings will get into Kate Fleming's knickers before too long as she's got the hots for him. That's what the furtive looks between them at the end of series 4 were about.

I'd love to se the wee scrote who was Tommy Hunter's gopher in series 1 get his comeuppance. The one who was going to cut off Arnott's fingers with the bolt-cutters.

Order of widness -

1  Arnott's girlfriend - the cop

2  Georgia who got flung out the hospital window

3  Jill Biggalow / Polly Walker

4 Jackie Laverty / Gina McKee

5 Kate/ Vicki McClure

6 Denton/Keeley Hawes  ......Only because we know from other programmes that she scrubs up a lot better than Denton

Edited by A96

Have just re-watched the first three series.

Jed Mercurio has a really low opinion of Scottish character doesn't he?

Tommy Hunter, Jane Ackers and her husband, Mike Dreyden and the character played by the ginge from Still Game ...all utter c***s.

Yet one of the heroes of the series, a wee gadge from Greenock, has a character with a London/SE accent!!!

5 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Tommy Hunter, Jane Ackers and her husband, Mike Dreyden and the character played by the ginge from Still Game ...all utter c***s.

Yet one of the heroes of the series, a wee gadge from Greenock, has a character with a London/SE accent!!!

Who’s the ginge from still game?

6 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Denton's Offender Management Officer (she grabs him by the balls).

He's the actor who says to Winston "ha ha, ye smoked yer leg aff".

Well spotted!

4 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Denton's Offender Management Officer (she grabs him by the balls).

He's the actor who says to Winston "ha ha, ye smoked yer leg aff".

He also works in the DIY shop when Jack and Victor go to decorate Ida's flat. 

13 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Worth noting another of his shows has a Scotsman as the hero of the piece. And not with an English accent.

20 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

Worth noting another of his shows has a Scotsman as the hero of the piece. And not with an English accent.

Also that one of the big baddies in series 4 is Scottish, but plays the part with an English accent.

10 minutes ago, JustOneCornetto said:

Why do so many characters have to have the initial H. I thought ACC Higgins was one I missed but I assume you mean ACC Hilton played by Paul Higgins:unsure:

Sorry yes that’s what I meant.