Line of Duty.

John Lambies Doos

50 minutes of sheer televisual excellence followed by 10 minutes of barely-credible tripe.  The forensic coordinator is an excellent character, though.  Clearly intelligent and logical but with a hint of menace and madness to keep him interesting.

I look forward to watching this pan out.

4 crusty socks out of 5 for Thandi Newton, too.  Now a feature of the MILF thread.

Edited by The_Kincardine

50 minutes of sheer televisual excellence followed by 10 minutes of barely-credible tripe.  The forensic coordinator is an excellent character, though.  Clearly intelligent and logical but with a hint of menace and madness to keep him interesting.
I look forward to watching this pan out.
4 crusty socks out of 5 for Thandi Newton, too.  Now a feature of the MILF thread.

Yep exactly my take on it. The last ten min of series 3 was daft too....but with a show of that quality a bit of daftness is easily forgiven

I think the main hope for me is that it's just the first episode and it could well improve from there. The last season, they had the big first episode twist, but that only really got obvious right before it actually happened.

The shite final act at least leaves for a lot of intrigue going forward, so if they actually build on that, the first episode will be worth it. Plus, there's clearly some serious shit going down at AC-12.

Started watching this again - been a big fan of the show, and although the ending of the last season left me more than a bit bemused I'm enjoying this new season so far.

My mum watches it too and has a theory I'm sort of keen on;

Spoiler

Thandie Newton's husband is Balaclava Man and her actions in seeking to convict someone else are to protect him

Would need to rewatch the first episode and second ep with that idea in mind to discount it (and I missed the first five minutes of the second episode!)

By the new leads balaclava man always was the Husband, Huntleys husband, who also just so happened to be bumming one of the young girls that wasn't done away with,condoms and various men.
The guy in custody getting hit with all the charges Farmer is just a witness to one of the crimes