AM Soccer?

Black Dug

AM Soccer, whatever the rights and wrongs about who should graduate to LL level, is a thriving business model.

I should know as it cost me an arm and a leg in DD payments.

It's organised as well as a gym subscription for the kids and runs in loads of places.

The standard of coaching is excellent and apart from borrowing a load of balls of Austin at Cupar 1 night I have no allegience.

They have no "team" at present that could compete.

I have no doubts that could change overnight.

I for one, If based in Cupar, would become a supporter.

I currently watch Tayport often as 200m from my doorstep, and St Andrews as on coaching staff last season.

A LL team in cupar would 99% get me to pay for a season ticket.

None of the junior teams are interested and I dont really think the current EOS or SOS teams would suddenly have competitive 5th level standard teams.

Therefore I am all for phoenix organisations if a proper business model with facilities.

Particularly if on my doorstep.

On a geographical note, it would be sensible to have a LL team as close to the "line" (River Tay I believe) and maybe they are hoping for Montrose to get relegated up north and bring the HL more south.

Whats the closest gap in miles between most North LL and most south HL just now ? Cove to Stirling

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't doubt they'll get in if the choice is between them and the likes of Duns and Coldstream. Hope there is an insistence that they do have a plan in place for a ground somewhere in north-east Fife and that the groundshare with East Fife can only be a temporary thing.

What does it matter?

What does it matter?

You could call me old fashioned but I think football clubs should have roots. Fair enough to use the local municipal stadium if the minimum requirement is 2000 seats. However it's not much to ask for changing rooms ,toilets ,fence and cover for 100 in your home town.

You could call me old fashioned but I think football clubs should have roots. Fair enough to use the local municipal stadium if the minimum requirement is 2000 seats. However it's not much to ask for changing rooms ,toilets ,fence and cover for 100 in your home town.

Don't think roots mean that much tbh, how many clubs have moved grounds? Very few haven't.

Especially when it's a club like this it barely matters, stay a east fife for long enough and they'll be another methil/leven team, and whilst that may not be ideal for building a fan base I don't think that's relevant to anyone but the club itself.

Don't think roots mean that much tbh, how many clubs have moved grounds? Very few haven't.

Especially when it's a club like this it barely matters, stay a east fife for long enough and they'll be another methil/leven team, and whilst that may not be ideal for building a fan base I don't think that's relevant to anyone but the club itself.

I know what you mean but clubs may have moved grounds but meadowbank and clyde aside very few have moved communities.

In small towns people will come out to watch their local team in big games. Say If DF (david farrell) soccer set up down the road from me I couldn't imagine I would choose to watch them at any level over a local team that represented a Community

How do you put forward 4 years of accounts for SFA licensing when you've never been a football club?

The whole thing stinks,the system is favouring non clubs with no playing or financial history to start up at a moments notice and groundshare.Pyramid?

No, it's favouring those who bother to put an application together...

I know what you mean but clubs may have moved grounds but meadowbank and clyde aside very few have moved communities.

In small towns people will come out to watch their local team in big games. Say If DF (david farrell) soccer set up down the road from me I couldn't imagine I would choose to watch them at any level over a local team that represented a Community

Plenty clubs have moved communities, especially in their infancy. Hibs, hearts east Stirlingshire partick etc etc

As a potential new fan I do believe Methil groundshare is the wrong choice.

I believe a start up should not go into an established area if there are other choices.

Cupar has no junior team and stands a reasonable chance of luring a couple of hundred newbies, including myself.

As the proclaimers from Auchtermuchty said "Methil no more"

They play at duffus park shared with cupar hearts and facilities shared with Howe of fife rugby. It's in the middle of an expensive refurbishment has seated stand, good changing rooms and a new 3g going in next door

Maybe worth quoting this because it suggests Cupar will eventually be a viable option.

It's 20 years since the franchising of Meadowbank Thistle was allowed to go ahead against the wishes of the fans.....anything goes it seems.

This Fife lot would have to satisfy certain criteria along with any other applicants before being accepted of course.It would be interesting if one Junior club were to break ranks though as some might say it would add weight to their application just as a GIRUY to the SJFA. But I dare say the Lowland League management committee are beyond such shenanigans...

I don't know about the crowds a Cupar team would attact but it's a biggish town and I went to a Kennoway Star Hearts game in the Juniors last year and there seemed to be a no bad home support considering the team play in a field up a track next to a dot on the map.

There is also a nice bakers in Cupar too....

That'll swing it...

Interesting read, not heard of this AM Soccer School before but looks a reasonable set up. Not sure what the problem is if they are a new team as every team from Celtic to Burntisland had to start at sometime the big question is are they viable? If the answer is yes and they are the best team applying then they should be allowed to join. I would like to see the Juniors join the setup but that looks unlikely at the moment so there is no point holding places, if they want to apply they will. As for ground sharing at Methil that sounds like a short term plan to me so the league should be checking their intentions, It would be pointless staying at Methil as East Fife struggle to pull a good crowd so two teams wouldn't do a lot to help that situation so I'm guessing it ends with them playing out of Cupar after ground improvemnts which I don't think is a terrible plan. All the teams in Fife play in the South basing them self in Cupar they could begin to attract support from Cupar and surrounding towns in North East Fife. Yes it takes a long time to build a fan base but there is potential, it starts with friends and families of the club members then bringing in locals in the area really is down to the success on the park. As for the name not one I would choose but no reason they have to include the town several teams in Scotland don't feature the town they play in and even them having the reference to the school team once they become Senior, well being called Academicals hasn't hurt Hamilton.

Interesting to see if any teams join the set up, looking forward to the playoffs this season another step towards a full pyramid of all the teams in Scotland like we should of put in place decades ago.

While I'm all for a range of clubs making applications, I fail to see the point in allowing another new entrant with a probably non-existent fan base into the league.

We're talking about the fifth tier of the national game, directly below Queen's Park, Clyde and so on. If they want the Juniors, then wait a couple of years to see how the pyramid goes and let them take their time instead of filling up spaces just for the sake of it.

While I'm all for a range of clubs making applications, I fail to see the point in allowing another new entrant with a probably non-existent fan base into the league.

We're talking about the fifth tier of the national game, directly below Queen's Park, Clyde and so on. If they want the Juniors, then wait a couple of years to see how the pyramid goes and let them take their time instead of filling up spaces just for the sake of it.

Good of you to name two teams in spfl with virtually no fans to show that you can't have a league below them with few fans in it.

Have a look at the attendances at Preniership games each week- there are very few fans at that level too.

Who wants the Juniors? If you read any of the myriad of pyramid threads in any of the forums you'd be aware that the Juniors have had the same rights to apply. The fact that the teams applying now are for the 3rd season shows that do far the Juniors aren't arsed about the pyramid.

Why should places not be filled up by teams that want to join the pyramid system? If they can meet the requirements as a club then fair play to them & good luck.

Grimbo

Good of you to name two teams in spfl with virtually no fans to show that you can't have a league below them with few fans in it.

Have a look at the attendances at Preniership games each week- there are very few fans at that level too.

There's a big difference between mid hundreds to ten or twenty people. I could list amateur sides playing on public parks who could attract more.

Archived