AM Soccer?

Black Dug

calmac25 had his finger on the pulse for what the possibilities were in Fife:

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/220102-league-vacancies/?p=9141252

Beyond that people can drone on and on with the turgid junior vs senior stuff as much as they like and cherrypick attendance stats to try to bolster whatever point they think they are proving, but it doesn't change the reality that the LL would be a far stronger division if the top east and west superleague clubs had become involved. Suspect it suits the lower division SPFL and former EoS clubs just fine that they didn't.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/220102-league-vacancies/?p=9141252

Beyond that people can drone on and on with the turgid junior vs senior stuff as much as they like and cherrypick attendance stats to try to bolster whatever point they think they are proving, but it doesn't change the reality that the LL would be a far stronger division if the top east and west superleague clubs had become involved. Suspect it suits the lower division SPFL and former EoS clubs just fine that they didn't.

suspect the juniors have had plenty chances to apply and east and west superleague clubs especially have had as much chance as everyone else. Their loss not the LL

Don't get why it would suit the SPFL, surely the whole point of the pyramid is to improve Scottish football? Or are you meaning that the bottom end of the SPFL have the same dinosaur approach to Scottish football as the Juniors? Trying to protect the status quo.

Grimbo

Don't get why it would suit the SPFL, surely the whole point of the pyramid is to improve Scottish football? Or are you meaning that the bottom end of the SPFL have the same dinosaur approach to Scottish football as the Juniors? Trying to protect the status quo.

Grimbo

You'll probably be the only one on here that will enjoy the intro to this, but the chorus says it all:

Clubs like Bo'ness United and Linlithgow Rose could easily be as successful as Alloa and Cowdenbeath have been in recent seasons, if they were in the seniors, and if they ever progressed to that point it would inevitably be at the expense of some of the usual suspects at the foot of the SPFL. There are fewer candidates for that sort of thing in the HL and LL, so less scope for turnover in SPFL membership.

You'll probably be the only one on here that will enjoy the intro to this, but the chorus says it all:

Clubs like Bo'ness United and Linlithgow Rose could easily be as successful as Alloa and Cowdenbeath have been in recent seasons, if they were in the seniors, and if they ever progressed to that point it would inevitably be at the expense of some of the usual suspects at the foot of the SPFL. There are fewer candidates for that sort of thing in the HL and LL, so less scope for turnover in SPFL membership.

Couldn't hear it on my phone.

Oh you mean the SPFL teams that are the relegationeers, aye they won't be happy but doubt they are happy anyway. I would think the top HL/LL teams are as frightening to them as any of the Junior teams would have been.

Grimbo

Ps I take it the tune is the self preservation society. I cannae mind the chorus though. I'll give it a listen when I get hame.

Nae point bleating aboot the juniors on a LL forum until they actually apply or are actually in the thing.

The LL will only get stronger through time juniors or no juniors in it 8)

Nae point bleating aboot the juniors on a LL forum until they actually apply or are actually in the thing.

The LL will only get stronger through time juniors or no juniors in it 8)

For once you have posted an agreeable post my Newky chum.

If you look at comparing us in the E/SOS Leagues a couple of seasons ago, anyone who's been to any matches can see how much stronger the LL is now in comparison. Assuming we get 2 more teams in next season then it will become even greater with the possible added spice of losing whoever wins our league & the introduction of an ex-SPFL Team.

I can't wait for the new season to start.

Grimbo

On and on from the usual suspects on the senior vs junior tribalism thing. One interesting angle to this would maybe be whether Austin McCann Soccer would be seen as an acceptable name for a club in the LL or would they be asked to change it? Borders on malignant narcissism once you move from a youth club setup to the professional board level of the game, I would have thought.

On and on from the usual suspects on the senior vs junior tribalism thing. One interesting angle to this would maybe be whether Austin McCann Soccer would be seen as an acceptable name for a club in the LL or would they be asked to change it? Borders on malignant narcissism once you move from a youth club setup to the professional board level of the game, I would have thought.

Funny thing is you can't help yourself but fuel the senior/junior debate :D

This is a thread about a team "poised " to apply for the LL and has hee haw to do with the juniors.

Isn't there a team in Europe named Red Bull Saltzberg named after a major sponsor ?

Whilst it sounds a daft name teams are named after sponsors so nothing imo to stop a team called AM Soccer FC applying.

Who objected to the name EDU Sports Academy they're now a senior club ?

As someone on this thread has stated it could be youth teams/clubs that could be the future of the game ?

Edu Sports Academy are not licensed and play at the community board level, so it's not really comparable. The EoS and SoS may still be "senior", but are no longer fully on par in status terms with the HL and LL clubs. Just to wind you up I'll provide a junior analogy. When Harthill Royal Bar joined the east region they had to drop the Bar part of their name so they no longer sounded like a pub team. Think, in a similar way, if a youth club starts a professional board level team they should be encouraged to no longer sound like a youth club. If they are based in Cupar, I would have thought that Cupar should probably feature prominently in their name, if they are going to be featuring on the likes of Sky and the BBC when results are being shown.

Edu Sports Academy are not licensed and play at the community board level, so it's not really comparable. The EoS and SoS may still be "senior", but are no longer fully on par in status terms with the HL and LL clubs. Just to wind you up I'll provide a junior analogy. When Harthill Royal Bar joined the east region they had to drop the Bar part of their name so they no longer sounded like a pub team. Think, in a similar way, if a youth club starts a professional board level team they should be encouraged to no longer sound like a youth club. If they are based in Cupar, I would have thought that Cupar should probably feature prominently in their name, if they are going to be featuring on the likes of Sky and the BBC when results are being shown.

You'll no wind me up mate I'd swap ww with Bo'ness anytime (and it's just my opinion by the way) for obvious reasons as long as we can keep our license and play in the "big" Scottish Cup every season ;)

Red Bull Saltzberg probably sounds more like a pub team than Royal Bar :P

If AM or any individual for that wants to pump money into a new club I'm sure there be nowt the bbc or sky can do about it. Sky even has a cycling team these days.

It's not gonnae be about the name it's more like pound signs that determines a new team by sounds of it :D

On and on from the usual suspects on the senior vs junior tribalism thing.

Bloody hell - getting lectures on tribalism from P&B's resident apologist for the Orange Order! :huh:

They are an idea.

Easy enough to circumvent any licensing rules by just starting up a new club or using an amateur team with no financial past.

Its all a sham,typical SFA cock up.

Kind of lucky the SFA never took the same attitude to Clydebank when the Steedmans allowed them to steal East Stirlingshire's place in the SFL for a season & even gave them a whole free place to themselves without due process when it all unravelled. :whistle

Clydebank fans have no more right to get holier than thou over club skulduggery for commercial advancement than Hearts fans can get holier than thou over unpaid bills and loony owners.

They seem to have the same structure as Spartans with hundreds of youth players, 18 already professional and 7 in the young Scottish National Teams. The guy who started its bio is impressive on Wikipedia anyway. Name aside the fanbase would probably come from the kids who play in the Club and families of the kids. Seems like it has been built robustly from the bottom up, not the top down. Time will tell, football's changing.

Archived