AM Soccer?

Black Dug

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another non football club with no fans.

"Non football club"?? The web page says they have around 500 players and numerous coaches. Just how many players and teams do you need before you can call yourself a football club?

Look to be in the same mould as East Kilbride. A couple of years after joining the Lowland League they are attracting a healthy fan base. The juniors have certainly missed the boat on this one.

I do have concerns (apart from the name) as to how they will get a license in time, I can't see it happening.

The AM is for Austin McCann does it not! I joked about this on the league vacancies thread a month ago.

They play at duffus park shared with cupar hearts and facilities shared with Howe of fife rugby. It's in the middle of an expensive refurbishment has seated stand, good changing rooms and a new 3g going in next door

They have no playing history is what I mean.

If the LL gets filled up with these type of clubs its credibility will be 0.

Soccer Schools are not Football Clubs.

Seem to remember people said that about Slytherin Spartans, and look what happened.

How do I break this one gently to you Bankies Alive? Those 6 to 12 year old players couldn't give a shit about the playing history of clubs outside of the Scottish Professional Football League. To the older generation it means something, but to kids all this "history" stuff is the sum total of a mega-yawn. And it's those kids that are the future fans.

Sneer all you want, but it's the "soccer school" lot that are winning the battle for the next generation's hearts and minds, and those who dabble in "academies" to get their SFA Blue Peter Badges or whatever had better wise up that these guys mean business, and many of them are far more formidable propositions than the EK chancers who have achieved far more than anyone gave them credit could be possible.

You speak to anyone about the state of Scottish Football and they will bemoan the lack of support for 'grass roots' football in place. Now a club like this has made the effort to play in the LL and they are being touted as not being a football club? What is a football club? A wooden stand where folk pish in the corner watching 20 players chase the ball?

Its a modern approach to helping kids stay active, get into football and now they have an adult team they can aspire to join. That's a positive thing.

But they won't go and watch the team though,that's my point.

They'll be playing or support a real team that their family is aligned with.

Spartans crowds outside of the odd cup tie are dire despite having 7 million youth players.

Your game on Saturday at Irvine Meadow had a crowd of 150?? Our match at East Kilbride a couple of weeks back had at least that, if not more. The difference of 110 years of history between Irvine and East Kilbride doesn't seem to count for much with the paying public.

Do they play at the Rugby pitch where the stand is, or do they use Cupar hearts pitch and facilities or do they use the artificial pitch near the rugby pitch which has no amenities near it?

On the 3g it seems from this

http://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?post=519413;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;guest=41258157

Rugby club doing up their facilities.

https://m.facebook.com/HoweRugbyDuffus?_rdr

I thought the 3g was just north of the expanded rugby clubhouse? Could easy have player pathway created like civil service plan to do?

I would much rather it was cupar hearts interested as a club with history and a bit of standing in the amateurs. but as others say this kind of club is maybe the way forward for the game

AM soccer are based in Cupar what size of support do you think they will get in the Lowland league?

No idea. I don't think that I have ever set foot in Cupar.

edited to add

A quick Google search tells me it is three times bigger than Gretna, we get on average 130 so AM soccer (need to change that name on condition of entry) will get around 400 ;)

If im being honest I thought when it was mentioned a few weeks ago on here somewhere that a Fife team was applying that it would be Burntisland Shipyard trying again, just a bit surprised at this.

Nothing to stop 2 Fife teams being in gogsy.

Remember the opening post states "poised" so let's no get a 10 page thread on something that may not happen.

They shouldn't get let in for the name alone. At least BSC Glasgow sounds cool.

Personally I don't mind them getting involved in the pyramid but I'd rather they started in the EoS and move up from there building a team over time rather than plonking them in and scrambling to assemble a team in a short space of time, I have no idea what the Fife amateur is like so I might overstating it. That being said Threave, Selkirk and Preston have been established clubs for years and they aren't doing especially well.

Your game on Saturday at Irvine Meadow had a crowd of 150?? Our match at East Kilbride a couple of weeks back had at least that, if not more. The difference of 110 years of history between Irvine and East Kilbride doesn't seem to count for much with the paying public.

We were the away team on sat and had a decent away following as usual despite being dire all season!

This.

The Irvine Meadow vs Clydebank match was supposed to be one of the "big crowd" matches of the season, & look what happened? And this was at one of the best stadiums the Juniors has to offer thereby more likely to attract a crowd. Said it before, and will say it again, time the Juniors stopped kidding themselves they're quite the big deal in Scottish football they brag themselves up to be.

Archived