"Paisley's a s***hole | Jeroen told us so"

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Danny Lennon was in charge until his contract expired, halfway through June. Tesselaar signed, after training, at the start of June.

Back in your box, peasant.

Danny Lennon left the club on the 12th of May, Craig was appointed on the 13th of May.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27398509

OOOOH.gif

Danny Lennon was in charge until his contract expired, halfway through June. Tesselaar signed, after training, at the start of June.

Danny Lennon left the club on the 12th of May, Craig was appointed on the 13th of May.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27398509

OOOOH.gif

RandomGuy messed with the bull, got the fucking horns.

RandomGuy with a Tommy Craig level of failure there.

I was wondering how our season could get much worse but that article is not what I was expecting. You can't really argue with his point about our fans though, we have the most seething home support in the league by far.

Is it really that bad, the comment about Paisley aside? Seems to be suggesting Scottish football is physical, favours athleticism over technique and is supported passionately by some real headbangers. Is that news to any of us?

As someone has suggested earlier, I think certain sections have been lost in translation. Particularly the part about fans' spending habits.

Is it really that bad, the comment about Paisley aside? Seems to be suggesting Scottish football is physical, favours athleticism over technique and is supported passionately by some real headbangers. Is that news to any of us?

As someone has suggested earlier, I think certain sections have been lost in translation. Particularly the part about fans' spending habits.

Yeah, that reminded me of the old 'he'd spend his last fiver watching St.Mirren', line.

He did always come across as a bit of a weapon when at Killie. He was being interviewed by the Supporters association once, just a really low-level amateur job that would be lucky to break 150 views, and he interrupted the volunteer doing the video twice to correct him that his name was pronounced /ger-own/ and not /yer-own/. Aye, it's annoying if someone mispronounces your name, but the way he corrected him was out of line.

I'm not sure what point there is in slagging Paisley or what it achieves, mainly because he'll live in Glasgow and be lucky to spend a few hours a week in the town just like he did whilst at Kilmarnock, but there you go. Another example of a footballer doing an interview back home and not thinking that, in the day of the internet, that it'll make it back here.

Aye he slags us but he said stuff about someone else too... :P

Ha, I realise it comes across as a bit of whataboutery but that wasn't what I was going for - more it was funny after the criticism Johnston took even one of the players didn't like him.

People on the SMiSA mailing list will have received what has been described as a "neutral" translation of the full article. Most of it's the same but curiously this line seems to be missing from the versions in today's papers: "Just take the eight tabloids in Scotland, which are filled with the most nonsensical posts about all the clubs."

The most horrendous part of the article, omitted by the Record, is the description of what he wore to the interview:

Today he is wearing a purple sweater up to his knees , a kind of dress for men, with there - under dappled jeans. The beads bracelet with spikes and leather bag complete the picture.

:lol:

I see Serge has done the groundwork to save me the bother of making you look sillier than you do already.

Away and have a lie down, even if you 'clearly' weren't being serious. :lol:

I'm not sure what point there is in slagging Paisley or what it achieves, mainly because he'll live in Glasgow and be lucky to spend a few hours a week in the town just like he did whilst at Kilmarnock, but there you go. Another example of a footballer doing an interview back home and not thinking that, in the day of the internet, that it'll make it back here.

Pretty sure him and Hasselbaink lived in the south side of Paisley initially, although he now lives in the Merchant City according to the article.

It's a pretty honest appraisal of things in Scottish football and I don't see much of an issue with it. Some of it seems to have been lost a bit in translation though- I get the feeling he is actually praising the fans, when he talks about the people having little money and spending it on the team and being passionate. Funny the papers missed the bit where the went for the Scottish press!

I grew up in Paisley, it has its good and bad points like most big places in Scotland and is no worse than many other towns I've worked in. Sure there are many areas you could say are shiteholes and the life of the town centre was killed by out of town malls, which is the worse aspect. Overall it was a decent enough place to grow up in and still have some good points and good areas about it.

^^^ Nice, balanced view, that, flyingscot. You can state a claim for most places being a shithole - equally, you can love your life in a lot of places, as it can depend on how things are going at that time.

My personal highlight was the fact he calls it a shithole, then complains about the fans being sweary :1eye

:lol:

I see Serge has done the groundwork to save me the bother of making you look sillier than you do already.

Away and have a lie down, even if you 'clearly' weren't being serious. :lol:

That auld chestnut.

Nibble nibble.

This post is copyright of shite trolls ltd.

Jeroen has responded. Lost in translation, etc etc. Apparently a lot of stuff attributed to him that he never said. Ah well, typical tabloid bullshit - and even if he did say most that stuff, he doesn't seem to have many folk arguing with him.

http://www.saintmirren.net/pages/?p=41231

Archived