"Paisley's a s***hole | Jeroen told us so"

Ha, I realise it comes across as a bit of whataboutery but that wasn't what I was going for - more it was funny after the criticism Johnston took even one of the players didn't like him.

People on the SMiSA mailing list will have received what has been described as a "neutral" translation of the full article. Most of it's the same but curiously this line seems to be missing from the versions in today's papers: "Just take the eight tabloids in Scotland, which are filled with the most nonsensical posts about all the clubs."

MJ has been slagged by numerous players in the past. Not a new thing!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately, I don't think we can accept the view that Dutch football fans only involvement in their club is simply going to the match and that any uncivilised behaviour is an alien concept to them.

Feyenoord fans recent travelled to Amsterdam and burned down Ajax's clubhouse and in the past the two clubs fans have arranged mass brawls in remote locations on days when the clubs aren't even playing each other, with people even being killed.

Jeroen has responded. Lost in translation, etc etc. Apparently a lot of stuff attributed to him that he never said. Ah well, typical tabloid bullshit - and even if he did say most that stuff, he doesn't seem to have many folk arguing with him.

http://www.saintmirren.net/pages/?p=41231

Was expecting that.

Didn't expect that the shithole comment actually came from the taxi driver taking the journalist to meet Tess.

The sooner that rag dies the better.

Talk about a cynical hatchet job.

Can't wait till May and their beloved Labout Party get wiped out, and their dreams of Old Firm Nirvana returning next year are destroyed when Saints beat The Rangers in the playoffs.

Unfortunately, I don't think we can accept the view that Dutch football fans only involvement in their club is simply going to the match and that any uncivilised behaviour is an alien concept to them.

Feyenoord fans recent travelled to Amsterdam and burned down Ajax's clubhouse and in the past the two clubs fans have arranged mass brawls in remote locations on days when the clubs aren't even playing each other, with people even being killed.

In Paisley that's called a Tuesday night.

When I was in Amsterdam for a Scotland game my friends and I accidentally stopped for a few jars in an Amsterdam ultras pub. We found this out when 20 odd Feyenoord fans stormed the place smashing windows and overturning tables. The cops showed up remarkably quickly and as we were leaving they said "are you crazy, why would you drink in there, they could have killed you". Heineken was 6 euros and not 10 as it was elsewhere, that's why. Dutch football hasn't seemed so sophisticated since that.

I make it 28 league wins, 41 draws and 49 defeats.

Ooft. Not pleasant reading, that. 'Buy a season ticket at SMP, see one win every four games.'

Then again, imagine how much shitter that record would be if we let the visitors hang their coats at a normal height.

Surely this would only be newsworthy if he said Paisley wasn't a shitehole.

I think the point is that he said it but doesn't come from there. You are allowed to say that about your own town. I'm happy to say that Killie is a shi*ehole, but take offence if someone from another town says Killie is a shi*ehole.

It may be a shi*ehole, but it's my shi*ehole would seem to be the stance.

Jeroen has responded. Lost in translation, etc etc. Apparently a lot of stuff attributed to him that he never said. Ah well, typical tabloid bullshit - and even if he did say most that stuff, he doesn't seem to have many folk arguing with him.

http://www.saintmirren.net/pages/?p=41231

I notice he hasn't rubbished the line where he said he was leaving at the end of the season.

I think the point is that he said it but doesn't come from there. You are allowed to say that about your own town. I'm happy to say that Killie is a shi*ehole, but take offence if someone from another town says Killie is a shi*ehole.

It may be a shi*ehole, but it's my shi*ehole would seem to be the stance.

Never thought I'd be talking about my shi*ehole on a public forum.

Archived