"Paisley's a s***hole | Jeroen told us so"

What a state to get in over a hastily patched together screen capture.

In the civilised world we have computers. It was done electronically, this means with a mouse on a computer, so yes it was done 1 handed.

I'm not particularly fussed its not poker straight - I think it does the job just fine. It's certainly got a reaction.

To be fair, I was going to say something similar. It was a one-liner that someone decided to over-analyse.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometimes if I'm feeling a bit down I like to go to the airport purely to get a taxi into gilmour street, I usually repeat this 3/4 times a day til I feel better and it's it worth every penny

Other folks misery n'that

If I'm feeling like that I just nip into the St Mirren thread.

You must feel down really frequently.

Despite partaking in the "hottest non-derby P&B rivalry" schadenfreude this season I hadn't really been party to the earliest shots fired. Feeling like I should do my homework and being particularly de-motivated at work this week (and yes - also being vey sad) I took 15 mins out of my day to read the early pages of the St. Mirren 2014/15 season thread.

It is absolutely fucking glorious. From claims St. Mirren shouldnt go for Higdon because he will be 2nd choice behind Thommo, to delight in the way Tommy Craig was going about his business through to potential top 6 finishes it's a rollercoaster ride of statements that look extremely foolish now. The old leaving his man at a corner line for GGH is trotted out 3 or 4 times as well - and not in the ironic way it is used now.

I would imagine that most clubs threads are very similar (although we can't look back at the Dundee one as a mod took a hissy fit) and it probably speaks to the blind and irrational optimism that we as football fans allow ourselves to be deluded by every single year.

:lol: Decent post. I bet it probably is fucking hilarious, in fairness. I know, personally, I made some very bold statements about the impact Calum Ball would have. Ouch.

Obviously, anyone who wouldn't have had Higdon at the club and in the first team every weekend is an absolute roaster. He'd get into probably all bar one team in our league.

All joking aside, Gary Harkins clearly just wasn't 'for' St Mirren, which happens with players sometimes (though admittedly we seem to not get on with players who do well elsewhere an awful lot.) The whole 'he can't play with Gowser' thing was based very firmly on what we'd seen, but again, it's just an internet thing to state stuff as absolute fact when it clearly isn't.

If any other team's fans had been as ridiculous as ours had, and then proceeded to have such a pisspoor season on so many levels, then I think we know that certain SMFC WUMs would be on the warpath.

Will any lessons be learned here? Will they feck as.

Despite partaking in the "hottest non-derby P&B rivalry" schadenfreude this season I hadn't really been party to the earliest shots fired. Feeling like I should do my homework and being particularly de-motivated at work this week (and yes - also being vey sad) I took 15 mins out of my day to read the early pages of the St. Mirren 2014/15 season thread.

It is absolutely fucking glorious. From claims St. Mirren shouldnt go for Higdon because he will be 2nd choice behind Thommo, to delight in the way Tommy Craig was going about his business through to potential top 6 finishes it's a rollercoaster ride of statements that look extremely foolish now. The old leaving his man at a corner line for GGH is trotted out 3 or 4 times as well - and not in the ironic way it is used now.

I would imagine that most clubs threads are very similar (although we can't look back at the Dundee one as a mod took a hissy fit) and it probably speaks to the blind and irrational optimism that we as football fans allow ourselves to be deluded by every single year.

It is amusing to see the same folk who made that nonsensical claim now claiming one of Craig's mistakes was being over reliant on Thompson.

:lol: Decent post. I bet it probably is fucking hilarious, in fairness. I know, personally, I made some very bold statements about the impact Calum Ball would have. Ouch.

Obviously, anyone who wouldn't have had Higdon at the club and in the first team every weekend is an absolute roaster. He'd get into probably all bar one team in our league.

All joking aside, Gary Harkins clearly just wasn't 'for' St Mirren, which happens with players sometimes (though admittedly we seem to not get on with players who do well elsewhere an awful lot.) The whole 'he can't play with Gowser' thing was based very firmly on what we'd seen, but again, it's just an internet thing to state stuff as absolute fact when it clearly isn't.

If any other team's fans had been as ridiculous as ours had, and then proceeded to have such a pisspoor season on so many levels, then I think we know that certain SMFC WUMs would be on the warpath.

Will any lessons be learned here? Will they feck as.

Ball and Marwood were both tipped for good things by some - incredible.

From memory Dundee fans were probably getting over excited about Luka Tankulic - including myself with a goal counter set up.... There were also questions as to why Greg Stewart was signed.

Insightful bunch

I actually think Ball could be a decent striker in future (he's still pretty young) if he improves his fitness. Marwood was terrible though, nowhere near good enough for this level...he looked lost in every game, I'm surprised he made so many appearances to be quite honest.

I would like to indulge in a little schadenfreude myself a la deefiant and relish the fact that the diddy dees may be in a little financial difficulty . Another administration would be a glorious thing given the thoughts of various Dundee berry /derry fans who would be overjoyed at the relegation of St Mirren . I am thinking of fifespud ,bigmouth ,Donnie daftie the aforementioned deefiant and the rest of the diddy dee support who hate St Mirren.

I would like to indulge in a little schadenfreude myself a la deefiant and relish the fact that the diddy dees may be in a little financial difficulty . Another administration would be a glorious thing given the thoughts of various Dundee berry /derry fans who would be overjoyed at the relegation of St Mirren . I am thinking of fifespud ,bigmouth ,Donnie daftie the aforementioned deefiant and the rest of the diddy dee support who hate St Mirren.

Even old man danger can see the reality of the financial situation. We are an easy target but the reality and the ill informed sensationalist journalism are poles apart.

It's not ideal but not entirely unexpected that we made a loss after relegation. St Mirren will do exactly that next year ;)

morrissey_wave.jpg

Archived