Your top 5 games of all time

Crash Bandicoot

Square is the correct button for shoot.

I used to like you :\

I physically can't play FIFA09 (the newest one I own) any more due to how the gameplay has changed. Maybe it's not different for the Wii (the completely wrong console for the game) but the difference in gameplay for 'proper' consoles is staggering.

1. Last of Us - It's the first game I've been genuinely interested in characters and story. Other games have almost got there, but nothing close to Last of Us.

2. Skyrim - When I got hooked in, I could spend a day just wandering about having a wee look about the map.

3. Red Dead Redemption - A big fan of Westerns as a lad, and the scenery in this was great and it was cool to ride around in familiar Western-style locations.

4. Age of Empires - I had an ancient PC as a lad and this was about the only game that would run. It was the old-style Age of Empires.

5. Thief - I think this was for PS2 or XBox and a much better game than the recent re-make which was rubbish in comparison. It's one of few games where I would replay levels to try a different way or get through without being seen / pick up extra stuff.

Honourable mention to Uncharted 2, Football Manager, and Metal Gear Solid.

The Last of US

• This game pretty much has everything - an outstanding story, beautifully rendered characters, incredible graphics and tension all the way through. I think I cried when I completed it.

Final Fantasty VII

• I must have put in more than 150 hours playing this. For similar reasons as above - a hugely immersive world with some great characters and a genuinely unpleasant bad guy. I was never able to defeat Ruby Weapon though.

Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars

• George Stobbart must be one of the best characters in video game history. A well-drawn, sarcastic dweeb who gets caught up in events he can't quite understand. It's challenging, engaging, hilarious and looks brilliant. I wasn't a fan of the remastered version though, you couldn't be killed in it, which took away a large element of danger.

Red Dead Redemption

• One of the only games I've ever got a 100 per cent completion rate on. I loved the whole "Grand Theft Auto" in the Wild West feel of the game. John Marston is a brilliant character too.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2

• A great game from my youth, easy to play and just brilliant fun.

Big shouts to FIFA 2015; Championship Manager 00-01; Resident Evil 2; Uncharted 2 and 3; Heavy Rain; The Walking Dead; and Streets of Rage.

1) The last of Us. It's perfect, the storyline was amazing and had you genuinely moved at times. The fact I've played through the game 5 or six times, yet never skip a cut scene says it all. The game play was phenomenal and despite being a linear game, you had the genuine need to explore. Doesn't harm things when the game looks so beautiful too.

2)Super Mario Bros 3 (NES) showing my age here, but this was tremendous fun to play. 2d sidescroller but when I would still play it today in the modern era of almost photoreal graphics.

3) Uncharted 2. Another Naughty Dog gem. Gun play and puzzles, platforming and a decent plot. I am eagerly awaiting Nathan Drake on the next gen

4) Red dead redemption - The best Rockstar has to offer IMO. A genuinely moving story through the open world games. The GTA franchise is fun, but I think RDR had me more invested. Would love a follow up

5) Resident Evil 4 (Wii) I bought the Wii, and regretted it almost immediately with the awkward control system, however this was the exception to the rule and I genuinely enjoyed the playthrough. I may be remembering this more fondly than I think because of the woefulness of the other wii titles (first party games excluded)

I was swithering on a few other, Skyrim, Mario Kart (SNES), Street fighter II (SNES), GTA Vice city, Tetris (Game boy)

1) Civilisation ll (PC)

2) Toejam and Earl (MegaDrive)

3) GTA San Andreas (Xbox360)

4) COD Black Ops (Xbox360)

5) Premier Manager 98 (PC)

Edited by Lex

1) Civilisation ll (PC)

2) Toejam and Earl (MegaDrive)

3) GTA San Andreas (Xbox360)

4) COD Black Ops (Xbox360)

5) Premier Manager 98 (PC)

Oh shit! How could I have forgotten about that game?! I have shamed myself and my family. Were I Japanese I would probably commit hari-kiri.

Not ordered in any way:

Chaos Engine (Megadrive)

Bioshock Infinite (Xbox 360)

GTA Vice City (PS2)

Speedball 2 (Master System)

Skyrim (Xbox 360)

Honourable mentions for:

R-Type (Master System)

Goldeneye (N64)

Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)

Resident Evil (& 2) (PS1)

Skyrim possibly just shades it - never felt so invested in a game before, as others have said you could easily waste a day simply strolling about.

Currently working my way through Last of Us and Far Cry 4 - very impressed with both so there could well be some movement in the list. Will need to buy GTAV again though, had it for the Xbox but have since updated to the PS4. Simply can't be chuffed hooking it back up again.

I prefer the side quests in Skyrim tbh.

Completed the main story very quickly then worked my way through every side quest before downloading the DLC and doing the same. Can't play it now though as the only thing I've left to do is face the Ebony Warrior but I need to be level 80 for that and im only 50. Not got the time to level up.