Alloa v Hibs

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Smith will keep the same team as last week. Hibs have improved a lot since we beat them in August but their keeper is a weak link. If we do what we done last week and shoot on sight then we can score. It's just a case of keeping them out at the other end.

2-1 Layne and Marr.

We have dropped only 5 more points than Rangers now. It doesn't feel we're ahead of them as long as they have three games in hand, but we're closing the gap.

Rangers playing Cowdenbeath next week; who ten will have something to make up for surely

Can't feel my hands. Nurse! :shutup

Fair result. We never really looked like scoring; the direct through ball approach is pointless on days when our general passing is poor, which it certainly was today.Kept it tight at the back for the most part; a free-kick on the edge of the box is as good as a goal against us, as it proved.

Poor attendance, thankfully, as I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Grade one my arse . Never a free kick for the Goal

And Allen should have been Red Carded for this two footed off the ground lunge

Hibs very very lucky !!!!!

Did you play a snippet of All About That Bass right before kick-off as a dig at me, by the way? I'll have you know that I was mortally offended and have half a mind.

To complain; half a mind to complain :ph34r:

Grade one my arse . Never a free kick for the Goal

And Allen should have been Red Carded for this two footed off the ground lunge

Hibs very very lucky !!!!!

Absolute stick on free kick. Alloa are shite.

Here's a picture of Scotty Allan to brighten up your evening;

JS53459186.jpg

Despite the atrocious weather conditions, I felt both teams played some really tidy passing football today. We had a flurry of corners in the first half and came close to taking the lead a couple of times before Hibs scored. Must agree with Wasps1 (don't think I've ever said that before) about the free-kick they scored from. Fyvie went to ground when he realised he had over-run the ball and was about to be dispossessed and the referee bought it. Still doesn't excuse McDowall though, he set up his wall fine then lost the goal into the bottom corner at his own side, very amateur-ish considering the free-kick wasn't even struck too cleanly (albeit accurately). Hibs missed a sitter near the end though, totally mis-hitting the ball and dragged it lazily wide, quite a let-off and kept us in it.

Pity not to get a point today, especially with the results in other games being favourable.

Onwards to Dumbarton next week in what is already a huge game for us, and them. Cowden play The Rangers but even if we forget about that and just concentrate on our own game we could go 3 points behind Dumbarton with a win (on top of a far superior goal difference to them too) and things will start to look a little better. Lose, then the 'winnable' fixtures remaining become even more important and pressurised.

How was the 2nd half folks?

You's time wasted from kick off to protect your lead and ensuring that it was a bit of a shit fest to be honest. Fair play to you's though Hibs aren't second in the league through luck. We never looked liked scoring in a month of Sundays. Only complaints from a Alloa point of view is that it was a soft goal to concede as McDowell should have saved it. Also I thought Smith should've brought Rutherford on instead of Spence and given him more of a opportunity. Never expected anything from today but it's a big game next week against Dumbarton.

McDowall and free kicks just don't go!

Correct! Just a few weeks ago at home to Raith he was penalised for picking up a backpass (the referee missed the deflection from a Rovers player). The free kick was only about 9 or 10 yards out and McDowall positioned himself BEHIND the Alloa wall along the goal-line :blink:

Archived