Motherwell v Inverness CT

I didn't see Pearson at Tannadice, so I'm looking forward to seeing if he can add some legs to our ineffectual midfield - and it would be great to see us play with 2 up front....

^^^ this.

Last week from where I was sitting it looked like we were attempting (attempting being the operative word) to play a 433 (Erwin & Johnson wide of Sutton with Grant, Lasley & Moore as the narrow 3) but failing miserably. There was absolutely zero sign that the players were comfortable with it and in all honesty it's really not the time to be trying out new formations.

I generally don't bang the drum for 442 but scrapping the overly complicated system and going with Sutton and McDonald up top would be my choice since the 433 and 4231 just isolates Sutton as all that happens there is we bypass the midfield, go long and lose the ball.

Even looking like we know how to score a goal would be something.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Josh Law at left back? I suppose he can't actually be any worse than Straker was last week (and yes, I have seen Josh Law play).

Looks like:

Long

Law / McManus / Laing / Ramsden

Grant / Lasley / Pearson

Johnson / McDonald / Erwin

Or Pearson could be behind McDonald with Johnson and Erwin out wide in 4231. F*ck knows...

Either way dropping Sutton? Crumbs!

Archived