Wrestlemania 31

Parscelona

Only downsides to me were sting not winning and Cena winning. Oh and not seen the battle royal but sandow not winning is a letdown.

Also as awesome as it was to have DX and NWO face off. It was weird as Sting was always against the NWO and yet they came to save him. But maybe i'm just being picky.

Taker looked great considering how old and borderline ill he looked last year.

Hopefully wyatt losing doesn't halt his progress much as it would be great to see him in the title hunt.

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also as awesome as it was to have DX and NWO face off. It was weird as Sting was always against the NWO and yet they came to save him. But maybe i'm just being picky.

Yeah, it clearly wasn't intended to be anything other than loads and loads and loads of nostalgia pops. There were loads of things that you could have picked on... Kliq on both sides of the divide, Hall and Nash with more loyalty to HHH, XPac was in both DX and original nWo etc.

I took it for what it was and it was fucking great fun. I was just waiting for Flair to complete the set.

Yaaaassss! Fucking brilliant Mania!

In the pub everyone was laughing at HHH's entrance. It was so fantastically overblown. Great stuff.

f**k off Cena.

Brock fucking battered Reigns. I'd love him to cut a promo on Reigns saying that Reigns got burst and doesn't belong in the ring opposite him.

That cash in was immense.

Now WWE will spend a year churning out more shite.

I didn't much care for the segment with Ronda Rousey. The set up took far too long and the pay-off was pretty unspectacular. I'd never really heard of her til then either. I think they were stringing it out for as long as possible while they were hoping for the sun to go down.

It was very odd seeing Bray Wyatt wandering around with his lantern in broad daylight.

Based on the shape he was in tonight? Disagree. Reckon he's got another massive match in him.

I thought the Taker looked awful tonight again, I'm not saying the match was poor but Takers physical shape isn't great. Maybe looks fit but was really struggling just getting onto his feet.

Dindeleux, on 30 Mar 2015 - 14:49, said:

I thought the Taker looked awful tonight again, I'm not saying the match was poor but Takers physical shape isn't great. Maybe looks fit but was really struggling just getting onto his feet.

That was put on and part of the match I think. Taker was in fantastic shape, best he's been in for years.

Watching HHH vs Sting for the third time, I genuinely think that's the most enjoyable match in history for me. I marked out like I never have before when the nWo's music hit and I'm grinning away as it hits and I'm watching now. Pretty much everything I've ever loved about wrestling was in that match.

Right. Looking back now.

* The ladder match was pretty much exactly what I wanted from it. Just a bunch of guys going out there and throwing big spots out and giving us an exciting showcase. Thought the Ambrose spot was beyond stupid though. That's the most brutal ladder break spot I've seen yet. With the rest of them, the landing was much better. That was like the Awesome/Tanaka head drop powerbomb. No need. Still good to watch at the time though. Cracking way to open a show.

* Rollins and Orton was just brilliantly put together stuff. Orton when he brings his A game is one of the most crisp guys in WWE. He's like one of those Hart types where everything just rolls nicely together, and Rollins is one of the most improved guys there's been in WWE, and both guys got the chance to tear it down. Plus... that ending. Magnificent.

* Then you had Triple H and Sting. As soon as they said it was No DQ, I perked up a bit. This was one of the matches where I thought "they'll need a stip to make it work". They gave it one. And it worked. HHH was hurt during this one as well, which makes the pacing of the opening, and the bumping he was doing a big surprise. Then when the shenanigans kicked in, it got all mark out worthy. DX vs. now had me going mental. This is probably one of those matches it's best for me not to go back and watch, but at the time, it was wonderful stuff, and that's the point.

* The way that the divas started, I thought we were going to get a good fast paced midcard battle, but the longer it went, the messier it got, and I kinda lost interest at the end.

* Cena vs, Rusev. Pretty good stuff. Given Cena's ability to carry a garden hose to a reasonable match, I shouldn't have been surprised that when given a decent amount of time, he can do it with Rusev. I'm not sure what a Cena win does for anyone really, but it's Rusev he beat, so I can live with that. Problem is though, Rusev is clearly still a character that can get reactions when they lay it on thick. When he came out on that tank last night, the crowd got pretty hostile. A wonderful entrance. Rusev is a character that has been working for WWE, and as much as I don't like the guy, is it really a good idea just to have him be another guy to feed to Cena? I suppose it's one of those guys who might only work in the short term, and WWE are getting out early. Anyways, another good match on the show.

* The Undertaker vs. Bray Wyatt. It's hard to judge The Undertaker in this one. He's not the guy to be carrying guys to great matches anymore. He's not got it. So basically, you put him in there with someone like Bray Wyatt, who isn't really all that he's cracked up to be, then you're not going to get a great match out of them. As it happens, I thought this was tedious as f**k. Couldn't be bothered with it. Basically knowing exactly how the match was going to go didn't really help. Bray Wyatt is a main event type character though. I've maintained that for a while, and I want to see the guy do something. He's one of the guys who will probably work in the long term. But it can't if they have him lose a match which is basically utterly meaningless to him. He challenged a broken down old man and lost. And unfortunately, The Undertaker looked very much like an old man last night, which didn't help matters.

This stuff about him being in great shape? I don't buy it. Not one bit. I mean, he LOOKED in great shape when he got in the ring and when the match started and stuff, but from about the first minute he was blowing out of his arse and staggering all over the place. I'm not going to talk about this match anymore, because it's going to annoy me more if I do.

* The main event was an incredible spectacle. The Cena beating didn't have anywhere near the brutality of this one, which put it over the edge. Reigns busting Lesnar open early, and Lesnar clearly laying in a few receipts probably helped in that department. But it was just a brutal beating, with some ungodly Suplexes. That Fisherman Suplex was mental. It was more of a blatant throw than a Suplex. That Clothesline as well... deary me. Loved the Reigns comeback with the blood as well. Weakening Lesnar so as we basically all started buying into the Reigns win, which at this point I didn't mind. Because I thought that was a total star making performance for Reigns. I'm a bit worried that Reigns is basically done in the eyes in the audience no matter what he does now though. The cash in was the cherry on top.

It was a proper spectacle with some terrific matches and just generally a fun show top to bottom.

I get there's a lot of love for Taker but Wyatt carried that feud (i personally like the character) I was disappointed in the result.

Again I'm probablyin the minority but having Cena and Bryan holding the "mid card" titles to me reduces the amount of believable challengers there can be. Cena especially. BnB was doing great before his injury, Ziggler is amazing, Ambrose over as f**k but none of them can be seen as serious contenders for the US title and the idea of Seamus v Bryan. Doesn't hold my interest at all.

Was a great event overall but like I say too many guys could be left in limbo over the next few weeks/months.

Daniel Bryan is a midcarder who can lose to anyone who has recently held the IC title, so that's not really much to worry about I don't think.

You're right on Cena... which gives me hope that Rusev dumps Lana and goes and wins the title back.

I get there's a lot of love for Taker but Wyatt carried that feud (i personally like the character) I was disappointed in the result.

Again I'm probablyin the minority but having Cena and Bryan holding the "mid card" titles to me reduces the amount of believable challengers there can be. Cena especially. BnB was doing great before his injury, Ziggler is amazing, Ambrose over as f**k but none of them can be seen as serious contenders for the US title and the idea of Seamus v Bryan. Doesn't hold my interest at all.

Was a great event overall but like I say too many guys could be left in limbo over the next few weeks/months.

Bryan was pinned cleanly by Ziggler in the past week on two separate occasions, I'd hardly think Ziggler should be discounted as a credible opponent.

Reigns is not done with the crowd, what even. Paul Heyman put it best, right guy, right place, wrong time. The crowd will come to like him when they book him properly, last night thankfully they did.

Lesnar looked unstoppable and Reigns looked impressive to take the beating and keep going back for more.

Lesnar will be on the rampage tonight. He sells everything so well, a brilliant performer.

diamond_for_life, on 30 Mar 2015 - 15:19, said:

Anyone that says Wyatt didn't carry that feud hasn't been watching Raw considering Taker only turned up on the night! Thought it was a good match all things considered and not getting the criticism.

I think a few guys are going to be left in limbo over the next few weeks, but what a position to be in where just a few year ago it was hard to care about anyone on the roster, now there's a whole host of guys that are interesting and great to watch. Agree with you on Sheamus vs Bryan, but that might be because I find Sheamus to be one of the most boring wrestlers/characters in WWE.

Does Lesnar go back after the title? You would think so, unless they have something major planned for him like the rumoured Brock vs Rock at next Mania.

But if Brock goes after it, they can't have him lose cleanly to Rollins anytime soon as that'd defeat the point of the main event.

Be interesting to see how that unfolds.

Ludo *1, on 30 Mar 2015 - 15:41, said:

Does Lesnar go back after the title? You would think so, unless they have something major planned for him like the rumoured Brock vs Rock at next Mania.

In the short to medium term, he has to go for the title surely. He can't be happy with the way that unfolded. He had landed the F-5 and then Rollins came out. So right away, he'll want to kill Rollins.

He wouldn't lose cleanly to Rollins I suspect. Rollins has allies and so will use them.

I'm not sure how this would work, but there's 12 months to make it work, so bear with me. We've seen Rock go up against HHH last night, right? So that plants some seeds... what if, at some point down the line, Brock Lesnar actually joins the Authority? He backs up HHH against The Rock. The more I think about it, the weirder it starts to sound in all honesty.

We might just get HHH vs. Rock next year, which I'd love to see.

Archived