The Meh Superclassico part IV 28/2/15

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not the worst 0-0 ever. Saints played some decent stuff at times on a difficult pitch. Hard to break killie down as they sat in and defended in numbers. They had a threat on the break as well.

Maybe would have brought on a McFadden or Swanson a bit earlier to try something different and hopefully create a bit more. Couldn't ask for more endeavour from the players, that goalmouth scramble in the last 10 where Mannus made the save before a couple of players threw their bodies in front of shots said it all.

First half their players fouled us all over the place with no bookings, then saints make a couple of fouls and two yellow cards.

Killie will still be in with an outside shout of top 6 the way hamilton are going, if Dundee or ourselves were to get a few bad results. They have Gary Locke's stamp all over them, battling and scrapping for everything, and their fixtures look alright upto the split.

At 2.54pm I said to my dad, ''This match has 'goal-fest' written all over it. Kilmarnock have scored 6 goals in their last 2 matches. They will score today and force us out of our shell.''

Unfortunately, I had temporarily forgotten that this was The Meh Derby and it was always likely to finish 0-0. The match epitomised our season. Plenty of pleasant enough play, but no end product. Kilmarnock looked like a very strong, physical bunch and we struggled to break through their defence. Chris Kane wasn't strong enough for this particular challenge. I thought that the Graham substitution choice was the right one in these circumstances although, despite his size, I soon remembered that he is also a useless haddy. Swanson provided more in 3 minutes than he did during his hour against Queen of the South in the cup. The referee started well before inevitably disintegrating into a clueless old mess.

The weather was appropriate for the occasion. There was a real feeling of animosity and tension in the air as I approached the stadium. I squared up to a Killie fan, asking him if he would like a fight. He said that he couldn't be bothered, and I was secretly glad because I couldn't be bothered either.

Now of never post this on WAP, but I thought we were missing Lappin yesterday. He always try's and gives Easton support and is very quick at dropping back deeper behind him when Easton goes forward. Also it allows O'Hallaron to wander inside because you'll always have Lappin supporting as he shuffles across. At times yesterday Easton was left totally on his own with acres of space and nobody running on in behind. The left is where we'll create the most and I thought Lappin was a miss.

Then again I also though Dave Mackay was shockingly poor yesterday. At least in the second half Murray appeared and tried to drive on. He needs to do that more and from the start. He was anonymous for the first 45.

Felt like a massive missed opportunity yesterday. The other results couldn't have been more perfect for us and we were in a great position to win that game. I think we were well on top for the first 45 - though without a doubt Killie had some of the best chances of the game.

I'm not normally one to criticise the management - but I think TW made a couple of errors yesterday. At half time I was suggesting we bring on Croft for Davidson and move Wotherspoon inside one. He was roving all over in any event and we were having plenty of joy with the ball on the deck down the left and through the middle. Not so much on the right, however, and Davidson wasn't really in the game.

Bringing Graham on might have worked had we been getting the ball into the box a bit better, and it might have worked had we brought him on for Maclean, I'm afraid. Kane was playing well again and giving us an out ball. As soon as he went off there was far more pressure on us all over the park.

Would like to see the second half penalty claims on Kane and Anderson again. Anderson was definitely getting pulled for his claim and it looked a lot like Kane was fouled twice in the space of three seconds. Ref wasn't interested though and TBH we shouldn't have been needing a spot kick to win that match.

Would like to see the second half penalty claims on Kane and Anderson again. Anderson was definitely getting pulled for his claim and it looked a lot like Kane was fouled twice in the space of three seconds. Ref wasn't interested though and TBH we shouldn't have been needing a spot kick to win that match.

Andersons one was a stonewaller, players had his arms clearly wrapped around him and dragged him. Pascali blatantly handballed when he slid in before that too, lifted is arm and knocked it away. I was right behind the refs view, so he seen both incidents clearly. Didn't see the first foul on Kane, second one he threw himself down in desperation though and probably should've got a second booking.

Can't help but feel if we hadn't had a referee in his first game we would've gotten a penalty, just felt like he was trying to keep his "figures" down.

Just seen the highlights. Kanes booking for diving looks well deserved, complete idiot. Doesn't bother showing any of our penalty shouts unsurprisingly. No idea how Killie failed to scored when Ando went awol, Scobbie somehow gets in the way. Not sure how Graham never managed to score at the end from Spoonys cross either, just looked like he didn't want it enough

Just seen the highlights. Kanes booking for diving looks well deserved, complete idiot. Doesn't bother showing any of our penalty shouts unsurprisingly. No idea how Killie failed to scored when Ando went awol, Scobbie somehow gets in the way. Not sure how Graham never managed to score at the end from Spoonys cross either, just looked like he didn't want it enough

graham is shite! Tommy should be sacked for signing him and hung for talking about signing him permanently. Desperately need a 10-15 goal striker next season also there's a lot of dross needing cleared out. Dave mackay was shockingly bad on Saturday.

Andersons one was a stonewaller, players had his arms clearly wrapped around him and dragged him. Pascali blatantly handballed when he slid in before that too, lifted is arm and knocked it away. I was right behind the refs view, so he seen both incidents clearly. Didn't see the first foul on Kane, second one he threw himself down in desperation though and probably should've got a second booking.

Can't help but feel if we hadn't had a referee in his first game we would've gotten a penalty, just felt like he was trying to keep his "figures" down.

I think there was probably a Killie penalty too. A 2 handed shove in the back on Eccleston in the box just before Tope's piledriver. If Eccleston had gone down I think it would've been given - ref seemed to look at it twice. Oh and Meh.

I think there was probably a Killie penalty too. A 2 handed shove in the back on Eccleston in the box just before Tope's piledriver. If Eccleston had gone down I think it would've been given - ref seemed to look at it twice. Oh and Meh.

Yeah that looked like it could easily have been given too. Thought Scobbie blocking Ecclestons sitter looked a bit "hand-bally" aswell, but its hard to tell.

Yeah that looked like it could easily have been given too. Thought Scobbie blocking Ecclestons sitter looked a bit "hand-bally" aswell, but its hard to tell.

I thought that! Happened too fast and no-one else mentioned it though. (It's not like sportscene to miss these things).

I think due to the size of this fixture the officials find it easier not to give decisions. Can you imagine the endless analysis from different angles and the interviews with ex-pros if it had been given and it turned out to be wrong? Riots on the streets.

I think the referee never gave a penalty against Scobbie as it hit his back and using your back is not an offence in football.

If you pause the video just before the strike and then go through frame by frame it looks like it hits his arm actually which is an offence I think you'll find - especially as his arm is raised. Happens too fast in real time though as I said above. I can't be arsed posting a picture to prove this as it's pretty pointless, (also I'm not really sure how to and Meh).

Archived