St Mirren - Accies

I didn't think it was a 'shite game' at all. We forced three great saves from their keeper, and created a lot of space and chances. Terrible day for a game, but there was a spiky edge to it in the second half too. Nah, I have seen some shit games at our new ground, that game today wasn't in that category.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We must be odds on for relagation next season at this rate. Thank f**k we picked up so many points earlier on in season. I've got so much respect for les gray and Mcdonald but they've made an arse of it with this appointment. Canning drew one and lost three when they offered him the job full time. Sounds as if they were always going to offer it to him no matter what, easy option.

We must be odds on for relagation next season at this rate. Thank f**k we picked up so many points earlier on in season. I've got so much respect for les gray and Mcdonald but they've made an arse of it with this appointment. Canning drew one and lost three when they offered him the job full time. Sounds as if they were always going to offer it to him no matter what, easy option.

The cheap option? The easy option? The lazy option? Well I never, if it ain't Danny Lennon - Tommy Craig all over again.

Fair play to Alex Neil, he must really know his stuff and without him Hamilton have regressed at an alarming rate - going to struggle to stay in top 6 based on that today.

I thought Alex Neil was absolutely superb in an Accies win against us earlier this season at our place. He single-handedly booted McLean and McGinn right out their stride early on, but was cute and clever enough not to get himself booked and on a tightrope. He was also capable of playing football, not just the dark arts side of things. Most of our fans were booing him mercilessly. I was thinking he's what WE need in midfield to allow McGinn and McLean to do their thing.

Really? Was at this game with a mate today and I thought he was really poor for the majority of the game. Hardly won a header in the first half and when he had the ball at his feet and the chance to run in to space he had nothing in the legs and ended up losing the ball.

After the goal he did look a bit more lively, but if I had been in the dugout I would have subbed him for Arquin at half time. Probably justified by getting his goal.

He was certainly a lot better than in recent weeks, although I suppose that's not difficult. He was nowhere near as good as he has been for us - and almost certainly never will be again - however he was back to being a useful member of the team. He's a far better option than Arquin ever will be. I reckoned even before the goal he was having a better game than usual.

Hopefully the goal - his first since April 5th - will be the final push to getting him off and going again.

Know what I thought watching today? I thought...

If we survive this year we will have the safety net of Hamilton Academical next year.

Unless there's radical change... Yeah, the fans of Accies know what will happen. No disgrace in that incidentally. Look at teams like Dunfermline and Morton. That's disgrace.

MacKinnon is a shambles of a player and is more interested in how his darling Celtic are doing than us winning. I called for Hendrie to be dropped and Nigel and Jason to play as the front 2 which happened but failed. Crawford, Imrie, Scotland and MacKinnon are all back to their average, pre - Neil form and offer nothing to the team atm which is a huge shame as Crawford was making great strides under Neil and was showing the form that I thought he had potential of when he first burst on the scene. Just can't see where the next goal's coming from. Also, who was the first player down the tunnel? Canning. Hiding his head in shame. Had enough. He needs to go

Know what I thought watching today? I thought...

If we survive this year we will have the safety net of Hamilton Academical next year.

Unless there's radical change... Yeah, the fans of Accies know what will happen. No disgrace in that incidentally. Look at teams like Dunfermline and Morton. That's disgrace.

No, Lex, I'm sorry but getting beat off you at St Mirren Park and beaten 5-0 off Partick and 9 games without a win with 7 losses is a disgrace

No, Lex, I'm sorry but getting beat off you at St Mirren Park and beaten 5-0 off Partick and 9 games without a win with 7 losses is a disgrace

I'm not here to define your expectations. If you think what you're not seeing isn't good enough, blow your discontented trumpet.

As a matter of context, I will point to a relatively comparable situation. Today Dunfermline lost 5-1 to the mighty Stranraer, and as a result they sit in the bottom half of league 1. On the other hand, you will play in Scotland's top flight next year.

Dunfermline are a bigger team than Hamilton. I'm sure you would accept that. You're extremely well run and as a result you're maximising your potential as a football club.

Toot-toot.

I sensed a change in the feeling of the support today. Most were willing to give Canning and the players the benefit of the doubt, but that display seemed to affect everyone, even the happy clappers.

Imrie made a half hearted attempt to applaud the fans despite the boos raining down, but fucked off sharpish when he realised what was happening. Fair play to Ziggy for coming over despite this.

It looked to me like Routledge was lingering about eye balling someone in the crowd.

Been a while since I saw that kind of thing at the end of an Accies game.

Yip it'll have been his dad. Always does it. Ziggy always comes over as he cares about the club and the fans and is an all round great guy and should be our permanent captain.

Hasselbaink always looked a fat f**k to me, hence why I don't ever recall him finishing 90 minutes while with us.

Not sure he ever managed 90 minutes for us either, was half the reason he never nailed down a starting spot, which led to his departure.

Also, Accies fans surely arent serious about wanting Gattuso? I realise its bad under Canning, but I think thats preferable to being shite on the pitch while also having your manager rambling in the press every few days about Rangers.

Not sure he ever managed 90 minutes for us either, was half the reason he never nailed down a starting spot, which led to his departure.

Also, Accies fans surely arent serious about wanting Gattuso? I realise its bad under Canning, but I think thats preferable to being shite on the pitch while also having your manager rambling in the press every few days about Rangers.

I know what your saying but it's not everyday your team gets linked with a world cup winner and champions league winner. Heard from inside the club canning ain't got it as a manager, doesn't have the respect from the players a manager needs, it was never going to work.

I know what your saying but it's not everyday your team gets linked with a world cup winner and champions league winner

I'm not sure how that correlates to him improving things at you though?

Here was me thinking as well that the Gattuso stuff was just bantz. Things will never be that bad.

I think we have become victims of our own success, we have simply progressed too quickly. We lost our 3 best players in recent weeks as well as one of them being one of the best young managers around. That'd be tough for any club, never mind us.

Folk have been losing the plot cos we lost out on Rory Loy. Big deal. That's an indication why Dundee are £3 million in debt and we are not. I know which situation I prefer.

I've seen on the Accies fans Facebook page an accusation of asset stripping because we haven't spent the money we have taken in recent weeks. That's right, we haven't given all that money to Martin Canning who IMO clearly can't cut it as our manager. Surely that's a good thing? Money will be spent as and when appropriate but if anyone thinks we now have a million quid to throw at transfer fees they clearly don't understand the basic economics involved in running a football club.

My immediate concern is, as previously mentioned, Martin Canning. Great guy but not cut out for this role. It's obvious to all already that he's not the man for the job. I understand the tough run of fixtures, I understand losing players but it's the manner of our recent approach to games that is alarming. Good coaches do not always make good managers. It's a shame and I would like to see him stay involved with the club, just not as manager.

Also being a good chairman includes making tough decisions. Knowing how stubborn and even arrogant Ronnie and Les can be at times the chances of them holding up their hands and admitting they got this wrong are slim. We were stuck with Billy Reid for 2 years after he lost the plot. That's a long time. I can't see Canzo being given his marching orders anyone soon.

Archived