St Mirren - Accies

A blind man could see that outcome today.Watching the current Accies side is like groundhog day iro Colin Miller or Ally Dawson.Accies fans are reverting to our old divisions as per the past.

The worrying thing for me is that there are guys guaranteed a game every week no matter how bad they play.Drop half of them and play the under 20's and our untried foreign players.....they can't do any worse.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A blind man could see that outcome today.Watching the current Accies side is like groundhog day iro Colin Miller or Ally Dawson.Accies fans are reverting to our old divisions as per the past.

The worrying thing for me is that there are guys guaranteed a game every week no matter how bad they play.Drop half of them and play the under 20's and our untried foreign players.....they can't do any worse.

Agree

Not good enough, I've ran out of patience with Canning, i'm now on the Canning out bandwagon, It's simply not working, and the board must realise that before next season.

MacKinnon is really starting to irritate me, his attitude is awful, he must be dropped.

Stranraer won 5-1 today, surely Stephen Aitken is worth a punt.

Why did Scotland shove MacKinnon after the incident at the corner in the first half?

Felt even before his goal Thompson was looking back to his old self

Really? Was at this game with a mate today and I thought he was really poor for the majority of the game. Hardly won a header in the first half and when he had the ball at his feet and the chance to run in to space he had nothing in the legs and ended up losing the ball.

After the goal he did look a bit more lively, but if I had been in the dugout I would have subbed him for Arquin at half time. Probably justified by getting his goal.

Fairly awful game today but I'm delighted we got the fabled home win and another clean sheet.

I thought Dayton was great today, it's refreshing to have someone with genuine technique out on the right wing. He was involved in all our best attacks and his assist for the goal was superb. Jim had another good game - that's 13 (THIRTEEN) games without a card now - especially after he rolled his ankle right at the start of the second half. Big Victor put in a really solid performance beside him, let's hope his injury was nothing serious. I thought Tesselaar was better than usual at centre-back and Naismith had his best performance defensively in ages.

I thought the left hand side was a bit weak, Kelly in particular did little of note when he was in midfield and we looked much better when we went through Naismith and Dayton on the right. I thought Gow was a shit signing tbh but he was actually decent aside from a few stray passes and had a couple of good pops from distance. Sandlier looks promising, his run in the build-up to the goal was superb and he closed down very well when we were holding the lead. I thought Thompson was really poor and disinterested again up to the moment in the second half where he played a lovely through-ball, and his head seemed to go up after that. Hopefully the goal will give him a bit more confidence, although I'm worried people will overreact to him scoring one goal as half our support is completely blind to his faults.

Accies were really poor, I'm not sure how much the good play from Gow and Thompson was down to their midfield's incompetence. MacKinnon is a complete head case. McGovern had some fantastic saves although his sclaffed clearance in the first half was quite something. I was worried about Imrie or Hasselbaink scoring but I shouldn't have bothered. Wee Dougie was fucking gash and Nigel shooting at the corner flag was my highlight of the match. Scotland was completely under the control of Jim and Victor which was nice to see.

Shame about the County and Well results but hopefully we can press on from this in our tough run of away games in March.

Few of my mates with glum faces because Motherwell and County won. I couldn't give a f**k, it was a must win game. We are all level. We need to get outselves a gap or maintain the pace the other two set. We had to win and we did regardless of results elsewhere.

I'm so happy I even bought myself 4 tinnies and a curry.

A Saturday win....at home, is braw. I was about 12 the last time that happened.

Few of my mates with glum faces because Motherwell and County won. I couldn't give a f**k, it was a must win game. We are all level. We need to get outselves a gap or maintain the pace the other two set. We had to win and we did regardless of results elsewhere.

I'm so happy I even bought myself 4 tinnies and a curry.

A Saturday win....at home, is braw. I was about 12 the last time that happened.

After all, we're better away than at home this season...

It wouldn't be hard though.

Archived