St Mirren - Accies

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1-0 then. A really hopeless game between two very poor teams. The conditions weren't great granted; driving wind and rain throughout. Regardless, that would have made the most enthusiastic of neutrals eyes bleed. The simplest of passes went astray.

For the Saints fans in the audience, superb stuff. A clean sheet and a lesser spotted home win. Results elsewhere may have not went our way, but all we can do is win our game.

I guess we deserved to win overall, we were probably slightly the better team. We were still rubbish though. I thought our best players were Gow, Genev (sadly injured at half time) and Dayton. The latter of the 3 played a starring role in the games only goal. Great overlap and ball in for the Thommohawks first goal of the season. The legend may be past it this weather, but his presence and personality on the pitch remains a great help to or cause.

Like I said prematch, Accies have been excellent in the 3 matches I'd seen them in this season. Talk about night and day. They were terrible today, the worst side I've seen in Paisley this season by a distance. It's amazing how much a managers departure can affect a side.

Their scenario kind of reminds me of their situation in 08/09. Impressive, then their top boys all left, then relegated the next season. Just another case of history repeating?

Anyway, we won. Onwards.

Not good enough, I've ran out of patience with Canning, i'm now on the Canning out bandwagon, It's simply not working, and the board must realise that before next season.

MacKinnon is really starting to irritate me, his attitude is awful, he must be dropped.

Stranraer won 5-1 today, surely Stephen Aitken is worth a punt.

Not good enough, I've ran out of patience with Canning, i'm now on the Canning out bandwagon, It's simply not working, and the board must realise that before next season.

MacKinnon is really starting to irritate me, his attitude is awful, he must be dropped.

Stranraer won 5-1 today, surely Stephen Aitken is worth a punt.

MacKinnon was such a tosser in that exchange with Dayton that every player in his own Accies side was fuming with him. Even Jason Scotland was a bawhair from punching him in the mouth. MacKinnon shat it.

MacKinnon was such a tosser in that exchange with Dayton that every player in his own Accies side was fuming with him. Even Jason Scotland was a bawhair from punching him in the mouth. MacKinnon shat it.

Been the same for weeks now, against Killie he refused to subbed. I'd consider releasing him, his attitude must be contributing to the negativity of the team, not saying it would fix things, but it would be a start.

How he managed to stay on the park is beyond me. He should have been subbed. I’m sorry he has lived the dream now time to find another club. Aside from that we were awful. I think our only 2 genuine shots on goals were Canning’s headers. A shadow of the side that got us into the top 6. Just can’t see this improving and the longer it goes the more damage that is being done.

Been the same for weeks now, against Killie he refused to subbed. I'd consider releasing him, his attitude must be contributing to the negativity of the team, not saying it would fix things, but it would be a start.

If he refused to be subbed that's not a good sign for attitudes in the dressing room. If it's that bad the chairman should be telling him that no one is bigger than the club then telling him to GTF.

How he managed to stay on the park is beyond me. He should have been subbed. I’m sorry he has lived the dream now time to find another club. Aside from that we were awful. I think our only 2 genuine shots on goals were Canning’s headers. A shadow of the side that got us into the top 6. Just can’t see this improving and the longer it goes the more damage that is being done.

He should have been sent off.

Everyone in the ground could see he'd lost it, and then in his first involvement afterwards he smashes in to Naismith's back.

Not even pretending to go for the ball - a clear case of the red mist falling - and everyone could see it - except Crawford Alan.

Mind you, he thought a warning was enough for a two handed push in the chest and, just prior to McKinnon losing the plot an Accies player hauling down a Saints player by grabbing his leg.

If that was also McKinnon then he was even luckier to stay on the pitch.

From what the Accies fans are saying it sounds like the dodgy attitude didn't just start today.

On the game itself, we definitely deserved to win it - with Accies showing next to nothing going forward - but the relief when the final whistle came was palpable.

With Thistle, County and Well winning too it's shaping up to be an exciting end to the season.

Just wish we were watching it from Accies position.

I assumed after he got away with flattening Naismith he was about to be subbed. Couldn't believe he didn't come off until the last few minutes.

Good, battling performance from us today and deserved the win. Better side in the first half but thought their keeper was going to have one of those days as he'd made some great saves before the goal.

Felt even before his goal Thompson was looking back to his old self, McGinn is getting back to where he should be and Dayton was tremendous. Three new boys all looked good as well. Almost lost in the fact we finally got a home win is we managed another clean sheet!

Got rather tired of Hamilton directors (not the fans) ramming it down everyone's throats how wonderful they were at appointing from within when they gave Canning the job so it's a bit amusing to see it going so badly.

Archived