#BanTheBigots

It seems a bit tenuous to suggest that Rangers fan wore orange to glorify the already Glorious, Revolution of 1688. That would imply that there is a deep rooted problem with sectarianism in the Rangers support.

Instead, it is much more likely that they wore orange to celebrate their Dutch manager and all three Dutch players that played for them that season. Indeed, Ross County had four Dutch players playing for them last season, and I distinctly recall* Ross County fans hosting an "Orange Day".

*I do not recall.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No case to answer according to Cockwomble. The man is so far out his depth he needs a life jacket if he honestly thinks it was a small minority who were singing at Starks Park - it was THE WHOLE BLOODY AWAY STAND EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM YOU MORON. Another classic sweep sweep from the beaks !

There are other problems therefore we shouldn't deal with this problem. On yer bike 'my team Scotland'.

Lets also imagine a situation where Aberdeen are a point behind Celtic with a few games left, Aberdeen fans turn up at CP disguised as Celtic fans for a match against Dundee and start singing bigoted songs to get Celtic punished with a points deduction, Aberdeen then win the league, this simple fact will be a good reason why 95% of the teams didnt vote for clubs to be punished.

:1eye

Anyway, Aberdeen fans can't disguise themselves as Dundee fans as we are too good looking.

Here lies your problem with punishing clubs for the singing of their fans. The first quote refers to almost all Rangers fans not being able to read at the age of 8, fellow orc kind then suggests that all Rangers fans look a particular way. Going by the definition of being racist "the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races." this could be taken as being racist comments. Add this to the song that Aberdeen fans sing when they come to Glasgow about all "Weegies" being unemployed and requiring a "Giro" and playing at the "San Giro" us Glaswegians could easily take offense to all of this and start bitching like little girls and get Aberdeen punished.

gratepoast.gif

Lets also imagine a situation where Aberdeen are a point behind Celtic with a few games left, Aberdeen fans turn up at CP disguised as Celtic fans for a match against Dundee and start singing bigoted songs to get Celtic punished with a points deduction, Aberdeen then win the league, this simple fact will be a good reason why 95% of the teams didnt vote for clubs to be punished.

gratepoast.gif

Until you fans of the non OF clubs accept that the issue is nation wide and not just an OF problem then and only then can we move on.

So one of them i'd guess. Or Chelsea.

There is so much more they could do and whenever something shameful happens, we always start looking around for someone/something else to blame other than the parent clubs. Punish the clubs, the 'fans' will fall in line pronto. To argue anything else is madness and if you want a quick revision on how far we've come, check out the recent semi-final or the armed forces days shambles. Not very far or better yet, not nearly far enough.

I have been to lots of football stadiums in this country and witnessed bigoted/secterian/racist behavour from fans of Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts, Kilmarnock, Dunfermline, Motherwell, Dundee, Dundee United and many more.

Examples, plz.

Just to confirm: bigotry is where someone has a hatred of another people/belief/ idea.

There are a number of denominational schools in Scotland, the majority of which are Catholic. But there are a few Episcopal schools, as well as a Jewish school I think? None of these are set up out of hate of something, so they are not bigoted.

Catholic schools, in the main, were run by the Church then handed over to the State under the Education Act (early 20th Century). As part of that, there were legal arrangements made to ensure the promotion of Catholicism in these schools. I'm in my mid 30s, but remember being confused at school as anything religious had a Protestant slant, the 'Our Father' at Assembly, etc etc. But I remembered the Catholic version from going to Easter Service and Midnight Mass with my maternal Grandfather (my dad's side is Protestant). I'm not sure how much that remains applicable now, but I imagine these Catholic schools are for kids who's parents would rather they were educated in somewhere Catholic-oriented rather than Protestant-oriented? RE teachers, guidance teachers, and Management have to be Catholic (I think, they have to be approved by the church at any rate), but Catholic schools are open to non-Catholics. None of this is bigoted. FWIW I see myself as neither Catholic nor Protestant.

Go an watch the 80 Cup final or the Hugh Dallas game in 99. Considering the fact that both clubs hadn't met each other for 3 years and the build up the game recieved, including most non OF fans on here claiming there would be WWIII, i think both clubs fans ought to be applauded for the overall behavour on the day.

as for punishing clubs, ive already stated why thats a mental idea, its too easy to manipulate and all teams will be getting punished for the slightest offense if you want to start that nonsense.

Oh I see, you hadn't behaved like arseholes for a wee while and you didn't eat each other or start world war 3, so a big extra special well done is due.

It was a huge celebration of sectarianism. Fat rangers fans decked out in orange singing the billy boys and all their other party songs.

Were you not there?

Fattism. Given that obesity is sometimes considered a disability you may have broken the Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Act 2012

The things referred to in subsection (2)(a)(iii) are— 2 Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Bill (a) colour, (b) race, © nationality (including citizenship), (d) ethnic or national origins, 5 (e) sexual orientation, (f) transgender identity, (g) disability.

http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/S4_Bills/Offensive%20Behaviour%20at%20Football%20and%20Threatening%20Communications%20%28Scotland%29%20Bill/b1bs4-aspassed.pdf

Be careful what you wish for, you may get it. In your head a crack down will be all the bad people banned and nothing but love and joy. In the real world, dangerous dogs acts have a habit of biting back.

Fattism. Given that obesity is sometimes considered a disability you may have broken the Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Act 2012

http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/S4_Bills/Offensive%20Behaviour%20at%20Football%20and%20Threatening%20Communications%20%28Scotland%29%20Bill/b1bs4-aspassed.pdf

Be careful what you wish for, you may get it. In your head a crack down will be all the bad people banned and nothing but love and joy. In the real world, dangerous dogs acts have a habit of biting back.

Lets just get rid of the ones foaming at the mouth first eh.

Archived