#BanTheBigots

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You started well. Most of the rest of your post was utter drek so I've not quoted it.

I'd still be interested in feedback from posters on here who are brave enough to to draw the line between acceptable/unacceptable chants and for whom "It's nothing to do with football" is a shite reply.

Could you advise what statements were drek (sic), and why?

Otherwise it just comes across as you being a bit of a fud who is incapable of actually constructing cogent arguments.

It is almost impossible to have a debate/discussion about football chants in Scotland without some saying that someone has an agenda.

Which chants would you like proscribed? Anything using the term '******'? Anything about 'The Ra'? How about 'The Wheels on your house'? Which are 'offensive'? Chants about kiddy-fiddling? What's the line between that as banter and that as fair comment?

How is chanting "Go home ya ****" acceptable but chants about Rix deemed acceptable?

You started well. Most of the rest of your post was utter drek so I've not quoted it.

I'd still be interested in feedback from posters on here who are brave enough to to draw the line between acceptable/unacceptable chants and for whom "It's nothing to do with football" is a shite reply.

*Rolls up sleeves, gets stuck in*

Case 1 "you're only sheep-shagging b*****ds"

• Derogatory, implies a sexual practice which is illegal, confers shame and infers a lack of quality / attractiveness in the Aberdonian quine as well as the perverse proclivities of your average loon.
  • Reception. Good humoured despite obvious slur, taken in good grace, laughed off. Yon Dandies join in and sing it themselves as what could be more embarrassing than being cuffed by a bunch of sheep shagging b*****ds.
  • Action Required: None, no offence taken, no slight on the game. A bit tasteless perhaps, but in no way inflammatory and crucially here, there are zero implications. It is harmless.

Case 2: That lovely song you sing with the bit about Bobby Sands being deid.

• Ballad, some kind of historical reference and a conviction to protect something in a foreign country. Not overtly offensive although there is a reference to necrophilia.
  • Reception. Inflammatory. Obvious reference to recent conflict, exacerbates present tensions, can be fairly labeled as divisive touching on both recent and historical violence.
  • Action Required: Shut the f**k up. You shouldn't need to dissect each line to work out what is and what is not acceptable. It is pretty fucking obvious for anyone with a reading age of 8+ that shitty little ditties to do with the past and present troubles in Northern Ireland probably fucking definitely don't belong in the Scottish game. Now I know that the reading age thing rules out most of your fan base, which is why upper-orcs like you should be taking a lead on this. Instead you're here splitting hairs. Like a c**t. Speaks absolute volumes about you and your fellows orc-kind that you refuse to be sufficiently self-aware to sort this out by yourselves. Or even *shock horror* in partnership with your big ugly sister. Whether it's your history or your tradishhunnn, or you're right to sing at confused fans up and down the country "f**k Bobby Sands he's deid". You shouldn't. Because it does have implications. Because it is not harmless and because as much as we both dislike it, you have undue prominence and opportunities to represent Scotland to the world. And you make us all look like c***s too.

If anything Case 1 has more of the attributes you might expect to be on the banned list, criminality, sexual slurs etc and yet I don't think anyone is seriously thinking it could be. Which is why this "draw a line" shite is just another attempt at obfuscation from a poor, sad and well-pumped bear too battered and heart-broken to admit he is utterly ashamed of his clubs. I'd feel sympathy for you if I didn't so genuinely enjoy every moment of your humiliation and your journey towards being the sad emotionally shriveled up old f**k you've become.

Could you advise what statements were drek (sic), and why?

Otherwise it just comes across as you being a bit of a fud who is incapable of actually constructing cogent arguments.

Please don't try and score points about the transliteration of a Yiddish word to English. I said 'drek' and you said 'dreck'. Absolutely no need for the (sic) bollocks.

Take a look at the paragraph that you typed:

Sometimes fans will be furious that they can't sing their songs, but that others haven't yet been banned... though shit. Wait a bit and the other songs likely will be. But stop and think about it... what would they be annoyed about? That someone else is being offensive and they've been restricted from being so in a very specific way? Is it that important to them that they can be horrible in that specific manner, and if so, what does it say about them?

If this is not a very lumpy paragraph of inconsequential drek then I don't know what is.

It was a huge celebration of sectarianism. Fat rangers fans decked out in orange singing the billy boys and all their other party songs.

How very predictably shite of you. What boiled your pish? The sectarian use of orange or the sectarian use of fat?

Honestly? You're becoming a parody of the most ignorant and petulant diddy on the boards.

I'd feel sympathy for you if I didn't so genuinely enjoy every moment of your humiliation and your journey towards being the sad emotionally shriveled up old f**k you've become.

I think the most I ever said about you was "Tashyboy". Nice to see you using about 35 paragraphs in reply. Maybe one day 'succinct' will be a word that moves over The Dee.

Take a look at the paragraph that you typed:

Sometimes fans will be furious that they can't sing their songs, but that others haven't yet been banned... though shit. Wait a bit and the other songs likely will be. But stop and think about it... what would they be annoyed about? That someone else is being offensive and they've been restricted from being so in a very specific way? Is it that important to them that they can be horrible in that specific manner, and if so, what does it say about them?

If this is not a very lumpy paragraph of inconsequential drek then I don't know what is.

Lumpy maybe, but not inconsequential as the entire point I was making was predicated on the suggestion that trying to enact and enforce a catch-all policy to deal with these problems is pointless.

Instead, deal with the issues one by one, attacking those we know we can succeed on.

But you know all this already.

However verbose my paragraph was, the concept was simple enough, and you chose to play the man rather than the ball because you don't actually want to discuss the issues. You're making post after post in this thread without actually adding anything, instead hoping to divert the conversation into a squabble.

That's fine. We're all used to the typical deflect or deny practices so beloved of Sevco fans every time their precious "culture" is criticised. You should also have tried to insert more whataboutery though.

A Celtic fan phoned up Off The Ball at the weekend there.

The basic thrust of his point was that Celtic fans don't sing songs about bigotry or sectarian issues - they sing about the IRA.

While he most certainly didn't condone the singing of songs about the IRA, he felt it was important to make the distinction.

For some reason.

Ban religion first then you might start getting somewhere.

Religious schools are possibly the most divisive concept a society can have.

Disagree. Plenty Catholic schools in Dundee and zero bigotry. Apart from OF fans obviously.

My view is that religious schools are not a problem in Dundee. Any sectarian bigotry in Dundee is restricted to the glory hunting c***s that support the OF.

They wouldn't have a fanbase if they clamped down on the bigots.

OK so I checked and it's two weeks before the next full moon. How come these idiots are baying already?

you don't actually want to discuss the issues. You're making post after post in this thread without actually adding anything, instead hoping to divert the conversation into a squabble.

That's fine. We're all used to the typical deflect or deny practices so beloved of Sevco fans every time their precious "culture" is criticised. You should also have tried to insert more whataboutery though.

Further posts by The_Kincardine in this thread since I said the above: 3

Attempts by The_Kincardine to in any way discuss the issue sensibly or explain why Rangers shouldn't seek to ban these bigots: 0

No surprise, just sayin'.

Where did I say "orange is bigoted"?

Be very specific.

It was just to "celebrate" their Durch manager StandFree.......just like it would have been "green day" if their manager had been Irish/Northern Irish.....

Archived