Celtic v The Famous Aberdeen

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought we played well for a hour had a good few chances but didnt take them 1st goal was going to be the decider if we got it we might have went on and won the game but we shot ourselves in the foot with bad goalkeeping again and after that we were chasing the game and got opened up on several times but proud off the team no matter what .

Aberdeen fans trying to take moral highground...ha just coming off as really bad losers..

Celtic fans defending racists and coming over as being the vile c***s everyone thinks they are.

Aberdonians ... Guardians of Scotland's morality or just sore losers ... tough call.

Celtic always the victims or racist. Not that hard a call from the evidence of this thread.

Excellent win today. Our European hangover was evident in the first half and it was clear Aberdeen set out to take advantage of that. They'll feel that they should have got a goal when they were on top, but from our point of view while we clearly weren't impressive it was good that we were not only able to dig in and weather the storm but that we took the lead at that time too. There were times in the past where we would have crumbled and got a humping, not even only during Mowbray's ill fated reign but under Lenny too.

The second half was a different story, don't know what was said to the team at halftime but it made all the difference. The football we played was excellent at times and we seemed to cut through Aberdeen at will. GMS and Johansen were standouts for us, in the first 45 thought Kenny McLean looked a player for them and Pawlett did ok when he came on given the circumstances.

All in all, we can't be anything but very pleased with the days work. To win in style v our nearest rivals who are in form is a pretty good achievement given the work most of those playing put in on Thursday night.

On a positive note. today game managed to bring in a bigger attendance than Liverpool v Man City

There is absolutely no way that the attendance was more than 44,590. And the given figure of 50,256 is ludicrous. Number of tickets sold I'm sure, but number of people in the stadium, not a chance.

Maybe Scottish football isn't as bad as some make it out to be and it is nice to sometimes try and focus on the positives.

Happy to focus on the positives. In regard to my own club, the positives are we won at home at last, new signing genev looked a right solid defender, Thommo' scored, our new kids Sadlier and Snoopy looked lively, Dayton played well, as did Goodwin, Mallan is a talented kid, and Tommy Craig is nowhere near our club.

In regard to the winners of the top league in Scotland, there are no positives. Only Celtic will win the league for the forseeable future.

Enjoy your, three, four... ten, eleven.... in a row.

I await the same widespread abuse of Aberdeen and their fans as was reserved for Celtic FC in wake of the Tonev/Logan incident

Your team more or less sealed the league today, yet you're on here having a shocker.

You're the epitome of the Celtic fan with a persecution complex.

Still defending racists?

No..I said it was embarrassing and sent the wrong message out about racism.

Now has any Aberdeen fan condemned the child abuse songs yet, or the fact you have Badwillie in your team?

Your team more or less sealed the league today, yet you're on here having a shocker.

You're the epitome of the Celtic fan with a persecution complex.

...says the thistle fan at 1 in the morning, after a 12 hour posting frenzy.

Was a strange game. Thought Aberdeen done very well for most of the first half, and but for Craig Gordon and a couple of bad misses, they could have been out of sight. As soon as Celtic scored the first they just collapsed and in the end it could have been 6 or 7.

Can Aberdeen recover and keep the pressure on Celtic, or is it as it seems, a procession to the title?

Going by the way it panned out, it would seem Deila's comments at the start of the season on pace and fitness are looking ever more true. The last few games I have watched, Celtic seem to improve as the games go on while the opposition have tended to fall away. I thought yesterdays second half, off the back of a game on Thursday night, was very impressive.

That's not on WeegieDon. I'd leave all that stuff to the bigotbrothers.

You should apologise immediately.

As for the game.... woulda, coulda, shoulda.

I'm afraid we have no-one to blame but ourselves. We didn't take our chances, Whore FC took theirs. I think it shows the difference in quality at the moment.

I'm not all doom and gloom. For years we've been saying, I wish we'd go to the GiroDome and 'have a go'. We did that and for nearly an hour we were good.

I felt like we more than matched Whore FC in a lot ways, but in the end, they do have more quality and nouse than us. It's a bitter pill, but hopefully we'll learn and move forward.

Finally, (through gritted teeth) well done to Whore FC. I'm bitter, twisted, but you punished us, for the mistakes we made and deserved the victory.

Yours

aDONis

Archived