Musicians You'd Have Loved to Have Seen...

Quitongo's Left Peg

...before they popped their clogs. This could be a solo singer, a band member whose new incarnation isn't quite the same... Anyone who is no longer with us. (Apologies if this has already been posted).

For me, Louis Prima. I fell in love with his music when I was in America, and when you see his live performances online it truly makes me wish I'd been around to see him in his pomp, in some sleazy New Orleans bar.

This is probably his most famous performance, and a classic it is too:

...although my personal favourite is Buena Sera. A fantastic song that doesn't get half the exposure it should. It's my fiancee and I's wedding song too, so it means a lot. There's just something about his voice that draws me in every time. His album 'The Wildest' is to this day one of my all time favourites.

http://youtu.be/QLuMVZIPrGw

Other than dear old Louis, I'd have given a limb to have seen Buddy Holly.

I have all available recordings of Joy Division live (part of Heart and Sould boxset). Tbh didn't sound anywhere near as good live simply because Hannett's production was so integral to their sound and feel.

Edited by mrcat1990