Best player and best team in Ayrshire

RELENTLESS!

Totally agree about the performance of Hurlfords goalkeeper that day but isn't that what they are there for? It was a smashing match, I watched it from 1-0 Hurlford and did not realise the big centre back had scored all three. Have watched hurlford two or three times since when my games have been off and I can say without question the boy Philipson is not their best player. If that match went to ET, and so nearly did with the disallowed goal at the death, hurlford would be in the semis and a few of the experienced Shortlees lads said so at the end too. Shortlees are a good side no question and fair play to them for being where they are at the moment but you said that none of the Glenburn boys would get into that squad, I am just pointing out that from what I saw, they are weak in numerous areas and without the said 3 they wouldn't be competing where they are

They had a chance/goal at the end when their player hand balled it on the line. They wouldn't in all honesty have won the game in my opinion. They got hammered 4-3 it should have been more especially in the first half where they couldn't get the ball off us. None of our players said they would have won too me. But they are quite decent and would give most teams a game and I agree take said 3 out of the team would weaken it as they would play for all or most amateur teams in Scotland. .

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They had a chance/goal at the end when their player hand balled it on the line. They wouldn't in all honesty have won the game in my opinion. They got hammered 4-3 it should have been more especially in the first half where they couldn't get the ball off us. None of our players said they would have won too me. But they are quite decent and would give most teams a game and I agree take said 3 out of the team would weaken it as they would play for all or most amateur teams in Scotland. .

It's all about opinions mate of course but you had took knapp off and gold was running on empty, when the big lad made it 4-3 you guys panicked because knapp was off. There was zero creativity when he went off and yous actually did nothing in the final third after you took him off. Better team won without question but a would have liked it to go to ET just to see the outcome cos they young lads were miles fitter

It's all about opinions mate of course but you had took knapp off and gold was running on empty, when the big lad made it 4-3 you guys panicked because knapp was off. There was zero creativity when he went off and yous actually did nothing in the final third after you took him off. Better team won without question but a would have liked it to go to ET just to see the outcome cos they young lads were miles fitter

They weren't miles fitter " in my opinion", we had ran them ragged and some players were maybe blowing a bit, Joe hadn't played for months and trust me we didn't panic end of the day i honestly always thought we were going to win.

But I have the utmost respect for what they have achieved in a short time fair play too them, and I wish them all the best for the season.

Really that's ur comeback we've all known for years Hurlford have cheated ayrshire fitba . There is boys go out to play in all the divisions that just want a game and to do the best they can . It's totally demoralising when Hurlford were beating teams 7 or 8 or even 9-0 every week what fun is there in that . No ambition by the Hurlford big boys if you want competition go back to the juniors oh that's right U get more in the Ams now some other teams are jumpin on the bandwagon and doing the same fitba is about enjoying urself not always about being so far out in front no one can touch you . Rant over !

Really that's ur comeback we've all known for years Hurlford have cheated ayrshire fitba . There is boys go out to play in all the divisions that just want a game and to do the best they can . It's totally demoralising when Hurlford were beating teams 7 or 8 or even 9-0 every week what fun is there in that . No ambition by the Hurlford big boys if you want competition go back to the juniors oh that's right U get more in the Ams now some other teams are jumpin on the bandwagon and doing the same fitba is about enjoying urself not always about being so far out in front no one can touch you . Rant over !

Shortlees don't and won't pay players. We are trying to get a good team that play for the jersey. Seems to me you are saying we pay players. We detest teams who pay players so please don't make statements that are not true and have no foundation. Every time some team starts to become successful someone tries to tarnish it with lies we are an honest amateur team and that is the truth. Shortlees always had a good team and are just getting back to where we always were at the top. I said when we started we were coming to get them all in Ayrshire, and that is and always will remain our target.

I don't for one second think Shortlees pay players. I think they are all mates playing together and who have won trophies with other clubs and who now want to win it with their mates. They haven't went junior or at "better" clubs because they wanna enjoy it, no hassle, no heavy pressure......just playing with their mates on a sat and getting foo of it afterwards. Without question there are plenty of clubs who pay players but imo Shortlees ain't one of them

Did I mention ur team nope jumpin to conclusions again . But we do agree on one thing about teams paying players and Shortlees are like the team I used to be in a great bunch of boys wanting to play fitba every week best of luck to you in getting to the top[/quote

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived