Hibs v Berwick

Yes for some reason online tickets are £2 extra per ticket before another £2 for "shipping / handling"? I just went through the process for 4 adult tickets and it asked for £70 whereas by post it'll cost me £62.

EDIT: Ah: "Please note that to reflect PayPal costs to the club, ticket prices have been raised slightly to incorporate these charges."

Sensibly the club have also decided to run sales from the Youth Project building on Golden Square - on Tuesday from 10am to 5:30pm, according to website - so people do now have an opportunity to get them during a weekday daytime.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent on both counts, I'll probably do the in person bit next Tuesday. Really good to see that the club have listened and acted.

I also refute the suggestion that this was an over reaction, I think it was a perfectly reasonable point to make and I think the reaction from the club shows that.

It was also a broader point about modern football in general and how clubs can in effect disenfranchise their own support and not do enough to encourage new supporters. At a time when much of the reporting of football clubs is either related to greed in the boardroom, outrageous ticket prices at the higher levels of the game and once again fans are generally portrayed as thuggish sectarian/racist yobs we need to show that we are different.

The fact that Berwick have taken such a swift proactive step is something to be celebrated.

Now, I don't suppose we could just have a 3pm kick off on a Saturday..................... :rolleyes:

Shocking organisation by the club, surely you should be able to phone up and get them hand delivered to your door at a time that suits you since at the moment you can only buy them online, buy them at two upcoming matches or buy them from a town centre location. Not much opportunity at all then.

Least they could do surely!.

I'd also assumed that with over 4,000 seats in the away stand at ER it would be possible to pay on the day - either at the turnstiles or at the away ticket sales booth - but apparently not. Just pre-purchased inside Shielfield on Saturday / Tuesday, or requested by post.

It holds 3,932.

Good to see that you can get tickets out with the ground . I know other places that offered to sell tickets for the club it never got a reply and just found out online where they were being sold . Makes sense for security of tickets but at least the offer was made by some Berwick businesses . Onto the game I just pray that we don't get a cowden!!!!!! Cc needs to works small miracle in training this week. IMO he just needs to give the boys the go for it mentality. Hope the town get behind the team and buy all the tickets .

I know other places that offered to sell tickets for the club it never got a reply

I beg to differ - as far as I'm aware, not one e-mail or phone call was received by the Club from any source offering to sell tickets. If I've got that wrong, then as the person responsible for ticketing I'd be happy to contact them directly to apologise.

Archived