Stirling Albion v Brechin City

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not much in this game and I feel a little disappointed we didn't take a point as we looked the better side in the first half. Defensively we were much better although Brechin looked poor today going forward but their defence did a job for them. I think their penalty was the only shot on target. Very poor spectacle in the second half and the usual baffling decisions from the referee.

Agree that it was a very poor game and Stirling should have been ahead at half time. The inconsistency of the referee was the main talking point though. The Stirling no 2 committed 2 bad fouls in the first few minutes but not shown a card. Our no 3 was shown a yellow soon after when the ref indicated that was his second foul. Stirling no 2 went on to commit 7 or 8 more fouls during the match but was never cautioned. We fail to see how we should have received 4 yellows and Stirling none in a game where we committed 17 fouls to Stirling's 16 (BBC figures). The final joke came when your no 2 was named MoM (was this for staying on the park?).

Brechin played well below their recent performances, but still take the points which keeps us in the mix.

Its all been said before poor game, Albion better team in the first half but could not put the ball in the net.

Second half Brechin the better team but as luck would have it, they got the break with the penalty.

Did not expect anything from this game and so it turned out.

Probably our worst performance of the season along with the 4-0 drubbing at Airdrie.

Just glad to come away with 3 vital points to keep the pressure on the teams above us, but we'll have to play much better on Tuesday.

Credit to the players though, that was a game that we'd have lost last season. We can now rely on our defence keeping clean sheets if we are not firing on all cylinders at the other end.

Agree that it was a very poor game and Stirling should have been ahead at half time. The inconsistency of the referee was the main talking point though. The Stirling no 2 committed 2 bad fouls in the first few minutes but not shown a card. Our no 3 was shown a yellow soon after when the ref indicated that was his second foul. Stirling no 2 went on to commit 7 or 8 more fouls during the match but was never cautioned. We fail to see how we should have received 4 yellows and Stirling none in a game where we committed 17 fouls to Stirling's 16 (BBC figures). The final joke came when your no 2 was named MoM (was this for staying on the park?).

Brechin played well below their recent performances, but still take the points which keeps us in the mix.

Also baffling was how the Stirling defender was not even talked to never mind booked for the foul at the penalty.

That said , I thought Stirling were by far the better team in the first half. We came into it more in the second but as was said one shot on target is not acceptable .

Paterson was piss

Mgheachie was abysmal

Chris smith was piss

Forsyth was poor

Mckinlay was piss

Johnston was piss

Beith was really crap

Comrie done f**k all

Sandy and Gordon smith I won't comment on as I will get banned for racist,homophobic and discrimating language

Coult was piss

Hamilton can't be blamed for the result

Shepherd was decent

Paterson was piss

Mgheachie was abysmal

Chris smith was piss

Forsyth was poor

Mckinlay was piss

Johnston was piss

Beith was really crap

Comrie done f**k all

Sandy and Gordon smith I won't comment on as I will get banned for racist,homophobic and discrimating language

Coult was piss

Hamilton can't be blamed for the result

Shepherd was decent

This post confirms my suspicions. Binos123am is not a Stirling supporter at.

Busted, my friend

BINOS 123Sam is definitely a Falkirk fan. Scott shepherd is not a football player and should be banned from Scotland for his piss attempts at pretending to be. Probably the worst 'striker' I have seen in 20 years of supporting my beloved, yet woeful side :-( relegation is going to be a high point of this season

This post confirms my suspicions. Binos123am is not a Stirling supporter at.

Busted, my friend

how that's my honest opinion am still furious with Paterson for the Ayr game

Gordon smith and sandy actually have some disability (I think )and they must have only got it in recent months(unless sandy just can't play in the second part of the season like 13/14 and12/13) even though his goal against east fife promoted us and that was in the second part of last season

Mgheachie was terrible at right back

Johnston still thinks he is the best crosser of the ball ever yet my dog can cross better than him and I'm not exaggerating

Beith is nearly as bad as sandy and smith

Coult only knows how to to shout trash at the officials (same with mckinlay)

Does Chris smith even care about football

There that's me done

BINOS 123Sam is definitely a Falkirk fan. Scott shepherd is not a football player and should be banned from Scotland for his piss attempts at pretending to be. Probably the worst 'striker' I have seen in 20 years of supporting my beloved, yet woeful side :-( relegation is going to be a high point of this season

i hate falkirk shepherd is currently our best striker how can you defend sandy(even though I know him quite well) and Gordon smith after there recent performances at least shepherd isn't a complete wreck like the 2 previously mentioned players

Stirling were no better (or worse) than Brechin. Brechin will be delighted with 3 points from one shot at goal.

A penalty goal was the difference and even then it was a soft award. The player was going nowhere and made the most of minimal contact on him.

The heads wend down after that and we never looked like scoring.

Forsyth steadied the defence but there is no leadership on the park. Decent stuff in midfield but no penetration. No decent crosses from the wings and over hit Free kicks when we do get in good positions.

Cunningham and Smith worked hard enough but tried to beat one player too many. Pass the bloody ball!!!

I see from the Club website that McLaren is trying to bring in players but time is running out.

It's not too late to turn it around IMO. Apart from the performance against Ayr we are playing decent football.

A game totally devoid of any real quality.Quite easy to see why Stirling are propping up the league table,but equally as surprising how good a run Brechin are on judging by this performance.Don't know if the lad Sheperd is really uninterested or just absolutely clueless.

Archived