The Kenny McLean love in thread. Dons v Saints.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The difference in those 2 St Mirren strips by the way. The top one is a belter. The bottom one is aids.

Too true.

The top one designed by our very own pozbaird. That team had the decency to immortalise it as well by winning a trophy in it. This season's top is definitely one to go down in. :-(

The difference in those 2 St Mirren strips by the way. The top one is a belter. The bottom one is aids.

Too true.

The top one designed by our very own pozbaird. That team had the decency to immortalise it as well by winning a trophy in it. This season's top is definitely one to go down in. :-(

Too true.

tragic but true, even when the teaser was released we knew it was going to be a season of misery.

Would be very unfair on Rooney if he was to lose his starting place. If Hayes does not make it would give Shankland a run in a 4-4-2 as surely we can afford 2 up front against relegation fodder like St Mirren.

I think he deserves to be dropped.

Keeps scoring goals that we don't get goals for.

Play someone else who scores goals we'll get goals for.

As everything evens itself out, that must mean that he is owed goals that are not goals, so we should definitely play him to get all of these bonus, non-goal, goals.

I still remember a game v St Mirren in the 80s where Hewitt put the ball about a yard over the line, everyone, everyone, even the St Mirren players stopped and were heading to the centre circle when the ref (I can't mind who, but Mottram comes to mind) suddenly awards a drop ball in the centre circle, no goal, play on.

Most bizarre moment I think I've ever seen at a game.

IIRC we won anyway, but why a drop ball? Why there?

I love a non-goal goal, let's hope we get a couple v Celtic!!

You're right, lets save the non-goals for rasellik, and rely upon good old fashioned goal-goals from Shankland for example this weekend. One for Mclean is due too, he's been warming up nicely.

Hang on, am i actually looking forward to a game against St Mirren? Strange times

Looking forward to this one, fantastic to see the fans responding in decent numbers to last week at Hamilton. This is another tough test against a team who have a surprisingly decent record up here, albeit mainly draws.

Indeed, if we ever needed reminding how dangerous a tie this is, we chucked away a 2-0 lead in September to draw with the Maureens and go into this one without arguably our best player this season.

Nonetheless, we should have enough to win this one. I would like to see McInnes draft in Goodwillie to replace Hayes and go for this game from the off. I find we are a bit more hesitant in our build up play with Willo in the team and against a team who will be stuffy, we could do with being decisive and direct on the break. Bar that, I can't see any other changes, and hopefully the team can continue to play like we did last Sunday at Hamilton.

It will be interesting to see how St Mirren are shaping up without Kenny McLean, and how their play has adapted without him. Also, a debut for long rumoured steakbake fae Greggs on Union Street fan Alan Gow should get Aberdeen Mad thrilled (if anyone is still there!)

Reckon it will finish 2-0 the Famous - Rooney and McLean with the goals.

Archived