Stenhousemanure vs Airdrieonians Fc

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a game we have to win if we're looking to catch up with and overtake Ayr United in eighth, but I've got a nagging feeling about it. Airdrieonians looked pretty handy in their match with Forfar Athletic on Saturday night, and they're on a good run of form and boast one of the division's best players in their ranks in Scott Fraser. Stenny, meanwhile, have collected one point from their last six matches.

There was a lot of encouragement to be taken from the weekend's game with Dunfermline Athletic, if in terms of performance than nothing else, but that lack of "match experience" Brown Ferguson spoke of can be exploited by canny old hands like Jim Lister and Bryan Prunty. We do, however, have a wonderful player of our own in Paul McMullan and he will make a huge difference to our prospects.

I'd reprise last Saturday's line-up, only this time swapping the returning Jamie McCormack for Ross Meechan at right-back. Meehan still hasn't done anything to convince me he's a viable candidate for the position. Scott Booth really has left us with a crappy squad of players to pick from.

There's no reason why we can't win this but it will be a hard game.

[EDITED: Jamie McCormack is the Stenhousemuir right-back, not Jamie McCluskey]

I have a bad feeling about this one (well for any game we play really) but I would suggest if we don't win then 9th is pretty much nailed on. This is our 'easiest' game on paper along with Stirling Lolbion away on the last game.

McMullan will tear them a new arse obviously but we need the rest getting near that standard of performance to go on a run of winning games.

McCormack for Meechan and go with the same team.

Given the relative league positions, Stenny might have more fight than us, not sure about a positive outcome for us, going to go for a score draw. The closer we ger to the end of the season with little chance of a play off place either at the bottom or the top the less the team is likely to scrap for wins.

Scott Fraser impressing that much? Quality.

Yeah, he is quality. Only issue I have is that as a relatively young man his decision making is sometimes fairly poor. By that I mean he occasionally tries to do too much instead of finding a pass, almost as if he thinks he has to do it all by himself (sometimes he does). And the decision making occasionally worsens as he tires towards the end of games having tried to do a lot by himself. That is something that will improve in his game but the rest is pretty much there. One to keep an eye on and I'm sure after a season or two in the first team at Utd he'll be developed enough for Celtic to take him for buttons.

Raped banana

Sorry

Still laughing at my own joke

Can you both please get beaten today, thanks for that, in advance.

Yours sincerely

Ayr United

Or at least you, stenny, but Airdrie then all disappear in a Lost-esc scenario

Bet your not laughing at your own joke now, I am laughing at the biggest joke in the first division, Ayr United

Airdrie comfortable winners. We should really have been in front but once Airdrie scored there was only one winner.

Lister ran us ragged and Boyle was excellent from left back. The kid at No 7 looked very good as well unlucky with a sensational effort first half.

We're just not good enough will be amazed if we finish above 9th.

Given the relative league positions, Stenny might have more fight than us, not sure about a positive outcome for us, going to go for a score draw. The closer we ger to the end of the season with little chance of a play off place either at the bottom or the top the less the team is likely to scrap for wins.

Take it all back, obviously we do have the fight - well done the Diamonds

Archived