Racism in junior football.

colliebhoy

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rascism exists in all levels of football and in all walks of life. It shows how far the Human Race has come. We should all be ashamed.

Here we are talking about rascism in a Junior Football and not far from now there will be a World Cup held in Qatar where countries that deny the holocaust existed will be taking part whilst Israel will not be allowed to take part as anyone with an Israeli passport is not allowed into Qatar.

A fine example set by FIFA and the powers that be in showing rascism the red card in football.

Very good post my friend. I actually didn't know that. Absolutely shocking that this is allowed. Then again they probably paid the most to the committee so nothing else matters.

Rascism exists in all levels of football and in all walks of life. It shows how far the Human Race has come. We should all be ashamed.

Here we are talking about rascism in a Junior Football and not far from now there will be a World Cup held in Qatar where countries that deny the holocaust existed will be taking part whilst Israel will not be allowed to take part as anyone with an Israeli passport is not allowed into Qatar.

A fine example set by FIFA and the powers that be in showing rascism the red card in football.

Good post in parts. I'd disagree that we should "all be ashamed". I'm not racist, so why should I feel some sort of shame because the lowest form of pondlife on this planet choose to judge people on the colour of their skin/religious beliefs.

Which brings me on to my second point. There is a million reasons why Qatar shouldn't host a World Cup, but I find it perfectly acceptable that as an Arab nation, they would be hostile towards Israel given the treatment of Arabs in Palestine. But anyway, different argument for a different thread

• 2 weeks later...

What progress is there on this sorry saga?

Has a date been set for the hearing?

Have the interested parties received any communication from the SJFA on the matter?

Will the victim have legal representation with him at the hearing?

Has the Show Racism the Red Card group become directly involved yet?

Have the police been gathering evidence from the victim, the accused and witnesses yet?

What progress is there on this sorry saga?

Has a date been set for the hearing?

Have the interested parties received any communication from the SJFA on the matter?

Will the victim have legal representation with him at the hearing?

Has the Show Racism the Red Card group become directly involved yet?

Have the police been gathering evidence from the victim, the accused and witnesses yet?

Well done on asking about this. My National health goggles are glued to my screen waiting for a reply.

Looking on at this one with interest, truly shocking if the book isn't thrown at this guy. Greenock should also be taking a stance (even if it's to publicly back him).

I read the non league pages with interest, I do not know much about the junior scene but it really does seem like a dinosaur setup (very similar to the SAFA), and it looks as though Tom Johnston and his pals are holding your game back, and are only interested in keeping themselves in some position of "power".

The problem with that ground is your a fair bit away from the game so the chances of any of the crowd hearing anything and in turn coming forward is remote.

So tricky to prove but mud sticks.

• 3 weeks later...

This has been provided by SJFA for all clubs to include in match programmes and display at the ground.

A vague and pathetic document (with spelling mistakes) with what I assume are good intentions.

How are the 2 cases reported on Pie & Bovril progressing? Anyone know of ANY progress?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

This policy is designed to provide clarity to players, officials and everyone connected with …… Junior FC (“The Club”) on the club’s attitude to issues of racial harassment and abuse.

It is further designed to promote good relations between persons of different ethnic or national groups and to preserve the good name of the club.

· The club condemns racism in any form, either on or off the pitch. The club aims to create and maintain a working and spectating environment free form racial harassment or abuse.

· A racist incident is defined by the club as any incident that is perceived to be racist by the victim, or any other person. Racial harassment is defined by the club to be any verbal, physical, written or visible abuse that is based on a person’s race, ethnic background, colour, nationality, language or cultural background – and is considered to be unwanted, unacceptable and offensive to the person.

· Proven racial harassment or abuse will lead to action being taken against players, staff, etc. Similarly, such behaviour by a spectator will be reported to the police and may result in a life ban from the club. The club will give their full support to the police in any criminal actions.

· All employees have a responsibility to make it clear that such behaviour by anyone connected with the club is unacceptable.

· Any player, staff member, etc., found guilty of racially harassing another employees, player, etc., or any other person, is liable to disciplinary action. Depending on the circumstances, consideration will be given to reporting the matter to the police.

· Supporters will also be informed on a regular basis that racist taunts and abusive or threatening behaviour will not be tolerated by the club and will be encouraged to condemn and report such behaviour.

COMMUNITY

……………………….. Junior FC strongly recognises our role within the community. We believe passionately in using the power of football to help build a better future for all and dealing with racism is a very integral part of this.

We are committed to achieving the ideals of a game free of racial prejudice.

So if I'm reading this correctly, any incident involving a fan will be reported to the police whereas any incident involving staff or players of a club may be reported to the police in certain circumstances?

I've recently watch meadow 3 times, once when they played my own team Glenafton and twice when our game was off v Hurlford and Talbot on Saturday there.

One each occasion I've heard Meadows Jordan Murch being racially abused.

More than me heard it but to be honest no one bothered their arse.

I heard him called "Nairobi Boaby" v Hurlford, "Osama bin Laden" v Glens and on Sat v Talbot "a darkie ba****d.

No one wants to hear, cause a fuss, become embroiled in what would be a half hearted superficial investigation with little or no outcome.

A few years ago when I was still playing i heard one of my teammates call an opponent and good friend of mine a pa*i ba****d.

The ref was right next to us and said he heard nothing, the 3 other players within earshot laughed. It was embarrassing.

If this shit is going to be eradicated from our game it has to be taken more seriously and a proper policy put in place.

I've recently watch meadow 3 times, once when they played my own team Glenafton and twice when our game was off v Hurlford and Talbot on Saturday there.

One each occasion I've heard Meadows Jordan Murch being racially abused.

More than me heard it but to be honest no one bothered their arse.

I heard him called "Nairobi Boaby" v Hurlford, "Osama bin Laden" v Glens and on Sat v Talbot "a darkie ba****d.

No one wants to hear, cause a fuss, become embroiled in what would be a half hearted superficial investigation with little or no outcome.

A few years ago when I was still playing i heard one of my teammates call an opponent and good friend of mine a pa*i ba****d.

The ref was right next to us and said he heard nothing, the 3 other players within earshot laughed. It was embarrassing.

If this shit is going to be eradicated from our game it has to be taken more seriously and a proper policy put in place.

Great post seekpissedoff. And very honest of you to admit you heard a racist remark from a fan of your own club. If only some other fans were as honest. I'm not going to ask why you didn't say anything because realistically most people would of did the same and keep their head below the parapet.

Archived