Racism in junior football.

colliebhoy

Haha cheers Jim but agree I never once said the boy in question had been racially abusive only that if the player is adamant it did happen he should report it through the right channels. Lithgyrose asks me if I witnessed it would I and said yes, naturally!! I have left my uncalled for abuse in the hands of the Greenock committee.... No longer the good guy on P&B!! :(

Who ever sent you a personal message or whatever,are Imo worse than the player who made the (allegedly) racist comments.they might be better of going away and supporting Chelsea,Leeds or rangers.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who ever sent you a personal message or whatever,are Imo worse than the player who made the (allegedly) racist comments.they might be better of going away and supporting Chelsea,Leeds or rangers.

Or indeed any other club who have a reputation for having racist or bigoted supporters, as there are unfortunately more than you have deliberately picked out for an amateur attempt at points scoring.

Unfortunately I have now received an abusive message via another social networking site due to my posts on here which is very sad indeed... I will be contacting the Greenock committee, who I have a very good relationship with, and making the aware of this.

Sorry to hear that mate it is not as if your opinion differs from most regarding this...just another clueless idiot.

Or indeed any other club who have a reputation for having racist or bigoted supporters, as there are unfortunately more than you have deliberately picked out for an amateur attempt at points scoring.

Picked out purely because I had just finished reading the story about the racist Chelsea fans in Paris.the paper quoted the teams mentioned.maybe you could give them a bell ant tell them to add a few more.

Picked out purely because I had just finished reading the story about the racist Chelsea fans in Paris.the paper quoted the teams mentioned.maybe you could give them a bell ant tell them to add a few more.

Perhaps I should, or perhaps you shouldn't bring senior football politics on a junior forum.

These must be the two worst attempts at trolling ever seen on this forum. Your team mates must be absolutely delighted with your contributions on this thread.

trolling coz i hv a different opinion than u? what makes ur opinion the b all and end all? arrogant moron.

trolling coz i hv a different opinion than u? what makes ur opinion the b all and end all? arrogant moron.

I think you may find ur opinion differs from the vast majority of posters on here. I'm sure there may be a few odd ones that agree with you but I'd put a bet on nobody will come on and back your views up. Why? Because you can have an opinion on something but still know it's wrong. If I were you I would retire in silence before you dig yourself a bigger hole.

Sigh...no,it's not because your opinion differs from mine,it's because it's at variance with the opinions of most rational and right-thinking people,both on and off this forum and could only have been posted by someone who is a ).trolling,or b)..in urgent need of professional help.

Incidentally,how did that time spent at Edinburgh Uni work out for you?

Thought I'd wait a while to see if any reasonable evidence would prevail through this absolute shit storm of a thread, it hasn't. Have Greenock said anything official about the incident? Maybe I'm just being nieve but I've seen a few Greenock players on social media saying it didn't happen, and I'd be inclined to believe them. Having said that, they could've been at opposite ends of the field and maybe just missed it. Sadly, if it transpires that it did happen and Greenock make no attempt to address the situation, then Ravenscraig will never see my fiver again.

Thought I'd wait a while to see if any reasonable evidence would prevail through this absolute shit storm of a thread, it hasn't. Have Greenock said anything official about the incident? Maybe I'm just being nieve but I've seen a few Greenock players on social media saying it didn't happen, and I'd be inclined to believe them. Having said that, they could've been at opposite ends of the field and maybe just missed it. Sadly, if it transpires that it did happen and Greenock make no attempt to address the situation, then Ravenscraig will never see my fiver again.

Looks like it's made the papers - Greenock not making a statement until after the West Region meeting on 12th March.

http://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/news/greenock/articles/2015/02/19/525018-greenock-juniors-player-is-accused-of-racially-abusing-opponent/

Looks like it's made the papers - Greenock not making a statement until after the West Region meeting on 12th March.

http://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/news/greenock/articles/2015/02/19/525018-greenock-juniors-player-is-accused-of-racially-abusing-opponent/

From the article...

Scottish Juniors Association secretary Tom Johnston today confirmed he had received a complaint from Ardeer Thistle about an allegation of racial abuse.

He said the referee’s match report included a reference to an Ardeer player complaining about racial abuse, but the referee did not hear this.

Mr Johnston added: “The West Region will launch an investigation into the circumstances.

“We will write to all of the parties involved to ask for their comments.

“We will give them an opportunity to respond and then invite them to a meeting.”

Mr Johnston said the investigation would last ‘as long as it takes’.

The SJFA master plan is:

Hold the meeting when the victim and the main witness are on holiday.

Or make sure the invites gets lost in the post.

Announce decision by the end of July when most people are on holiday.

The conclusion will be no action as it is only the word of a couple of people so insufficient evidence.

Also if the referee didn't hear it, it didn't happen.

Enough for a criminal prosecution but not enough for the SJFA.

"a bout of fisticuffs" haha. Anyway, waiting until the 12th March isn't good enough. Not even the obligatory "We at [insert club name] are against racism in any form and have launched an enquiry into the incident"

According to the Ardeer statement at least one Ardeer player overheard the comments.Greenock players have no option but to support their mate and Ardeer players the same.Given what I' ve read about this and what I witnessed in the game at Ardeer I know who I believe

From the article...

Scottish Juniors Association secretary Tom Johnston today confirmed he had received a complaint from Ardeer Thistle about an allegation of racial abuse.

He said the referee’s match report included a reference to an Ardeer player complaining about racial abuse, but the referee did not hear this.

Mr Johnston added: “The West Region will launch an investigation into the circumstances.

“We will write to all of the parties involved to ask for their comments.

“We will give them an opportunity to respond and then invite them to a meeting.”

Mr Johnston said the investigation would last ‘as long as it takes’.

The SJFA master plan is:

Hold the meeting when the victim and the main witness are on holiday.

Or make sure the invites gets lost in the post.

Announce decision by the end of July when most people are on holiday.

The conclusion will be no action as it is only the word of a couple of people so insufficient evidence.

Also if the referee didn't hear it, it didn't happen.

Enough for a criminal prosecution but not enough for the SJFA.

Yep,that's probably what will happen.To me Ardeer should have made the cops aware of what happened when they arrived.

Archived