Racism in junior football.

colliebhoy

Those turning a blind eye are as bad as those making the remarks imo, your either a part of the solution or your part of the problem in these matters. It's everyone's responsibility in society to challenge racism, not collude with it.

Good post bud.

Good point however sometimes it's not as easy to challenge this in certain circumstances. I'm sure we would all like to say we would do so but in reality would we really every time?

Nothing changes if we don't challenge whatever is wrong,every time,and in every cirumstance. :)

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The player in question has been acquitted of all charges by the SJFA judiciary panel and Police Scotland. There is no case to answer for.

Hopefully Ardeer are now hauled through the coals for bringing the game into serious disrepute.

The player in question has been acquitted of all charges by the SJFA judiciary panel and Police Scotland. There is no case to answer for.

Hopefully Ardeer are now hauled through the coals for bringing the game into serious disrepute.

Interesting. What will happen now?

I'm sure someone will point out if I'm mistaken here but were the circumstances here not the same as in the incident involving Tonev and Logan that being one accuses the other of making racist remarks and no one else hears it. One governing body bans a player for 7 games the other finds no case to answer. Who's right and who's wrong. From a police point of view it was never going anywhere unless the accusation was corroborated, which as previously stated it could not have been however if a complaint is made it needs to be investigated. As I say if I've got any of the facts incorrect please advise.

That's the point I was trying to make at start about if no one heard it then it's hard to get a verdict of guilty and I was slated, especially of that dick rob Roy. Anyway let's close the thread and move on

Sounds like a plan,bud.And of course your suggestion of hauling them through,rather than the more mundane over the coals (coals from the ashes of the Ardeer clubhouse,presumably),should certainly serve as a warning to anyone else who might have the temerity to draw our attention to an alleged incident of racist abuse in the Junior game

We can only imagine how young Arnie feels after such a decision in a case where,if the facts were indeed as presented here,Lionel Hutz could have represented him with some success..

Still,every cloud and all that,as this will surely give encouragement to every moronic enthusiastic fan who likes to express himself at Junior matches. 8)

Can we believe this? Nothing on SJFA website.

Here is how one club achieved justice.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/abject-failure-to-tackle-racism-is-scotland-s-real-secret-shame-1-1415847

The late Margo MacDonald reads the above article in the Scotsman http://www.scotsman.com/news/scotland/top-stories/sfa-race-slur-row-goes-to-holyrood-1-1185397

and finally http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/exclusive-850-race-abuse-fine-985541

Next move? http://margaretburgessmsp.org/contact-margaret/

• 2 weeks later...

Just noticed that Greenock issued this Official Club Statement on their website a couple of weeks ago,

"Greenock Juniors F.C. are delighted that following two lengthy, detailed and independent investigations by Police Scotland and the S.J.F.A. West Region that the allegation of racist abuse against one of our players has been dismissed by both organisations.

On 29th of March 2015 our player and the club were informed by Police Scotland that they were satisfied that there was no case to answer.

On 13th of April 2015 the Management Committee of the S.J.F.A. West Region unanimously concluded that there was no case to answer.

It is disgraceful that other parties put our player in this stressful situation. From the outset we have been fully supportive of our player. The evidence clearly showed this allegation to be completely untrue.

The player is now looking forward to focusing on football again."

Archived