Racism in junior football.

colliebhoy

This thread was posted to highlight the fact even in this multicultural society we live in we all have to put up with morons that feel it is acceptable to abuse someone due to the colour of their skin.

Lets get this clear the abuse was not a one off incident it was rather a constant abuse through out the game.

As for him being a "good guy" I don't believe Arnie thinks he is a good guy.That has now been 2 games between the clubs this season a both main talking points arising from the games is this clowns behaviour.

As for calls for greenock to be boycotted that's a bit early I'll reserve judgement on that until they have had an appropriate time to act.

You say, constant abuse through out the game.did the offending player whisper these comments to the ardeer player ? If not why didn't the player or one of his team mates no just banjo the supposedly racist player.and did the ref not believe the comments were being made.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IF this incident took place then the responsibility lies with the referee to ensure his report is accurate and contains the information required to allow the SJFA to deal with it. Greenock may or may not want to take a view on this and deal with the player themselves but that`s a matter for them as a club to deal with and how they deal with it will show exactly how their moral compass is set.

Ardeer and their supporters haven`t exactly covered themselves in glory over the years in the ADL and this sudden affection and love in for their ULTRAS is something that mystifies me.Sorry but they aren`t just an exuberant bunch of vocal lads. The type of shouts and tone/content is offensive and regularly goes way beyond terracing banter.

It also seems that people within the Junior fraternity view racism (alleged or otherwise ) as significantly more serious than alleged rape/sexual assault allegations or convictions for drug dealing,carrying knives or domestic abuse. Players across the divisions have been guilty/associated with these very things and you didn`t see anywhere near the level of outrage that this incident has caused.

And just for the avoidance of any doubt, I wasn`t at the game in question, I never heard the incident in question, I don`t know anybody that was at the game, I don`t know wether or not it actually happened.... notwithstanding all that, racism in any way shape or form is abhorrent. Period.

But spare me the witch-hunt and the mob marching to burn down Greenocks stadium.Perspective...

What have the Ardeer 'ultras 'got to do with this?

Can I ask the Ardeer supporters what they think about the sexual harassment of a female going about her employment?

Racism is wrong end of, but I'd be interested to hear their position re shouting at a female to get her thrupenny bits out or is it ok to be selective about what form of discrimination you get upset at?

IF this incident took place then the responsibility lies with the referee to ensure his report is accurate and contains the information required to allow the SJFA to deal with it. Greenock may or may not want to take a view on this and deal with the player themselves but that`s a matter for them as a club to deal with and how they deal with it will show exactly how their moral compass is set.

Ardeer and their supporters haven`t exactly covered themselves in glory over the years in the ADL and this sudden affection and love in for their ULTRAS is something that mystifies me.Sorry but they aren`t just an exuberant bunch of vocal lads. The type of shouts and tone/content is offensive and regularly goes way beyond terracing banter.

It also seems that people within the Junior fraternity view racism (alleged or otherwise ) as significantly more serious than alleged rape/sexual assault allegations or convictions for drug dealing,carrying knives or domestic abuse. Players across the divisions have been guilty/associated with these very things and you didn`t see anywhere near the level of outrage that this incident has caused.

And just for the avoidance of any doubt, I wasn`t at the game in question, I never heard the incident in question, I don`t know anybody that was at the game, I don`t know wether or not it actually happened.... notwithstanding all that, racism in any way shape or form is abhorrent. Period.

But spare me the witch-hunt and the mob marching to burn down Greenocks stadium.Perspective...

Quite agree with most of this.

The situation has occurred and we'll see what comes of it. In the end it was the (alleged) actions of one player in the Greenock-Ardeer match that has caused the topic to be brought up again. I was at the game, quite obviously couldn't hear anything from some distance away, but have no reason to doubt our player's account.

I have heard a lot of shouts at the juniors over the last several years, at Ardeer and at plenty of other games too which have made me shake my head. All sorts of comments about opposing players that cross the line from "banter" to abuse IMO. To me that doesn't have a place in football either but for a player to (allegedly) abuse an opponent purely on his race or ethnic background is very, very low.

To talk of boycotting Greenock etc is an action too far. The (alleged) actions of one player do not define a club and it could quite likely be that the events of Saturday can't be proven one way or another. I've only seen the player in action twice, both times against Ardeer this season, and I've formed my opinion of him based on those two games. It's up to Greenock to review the situation and take whatever action, if any, they see fit.

You say, constant abuse through out the game.did the offending player whisper these comments to the ardeer player ? If not why didn't the player or one of his team mates no just banjo the supposedly racist player.and did the ref not believe the comments were being made.
Dear oh dear! What a sad case you are?

A take it we offended you at some point sweetheart? Its about a player being racially abused by another player. Plain and simple. The fans are nothing to do with!!!

Sorry should have added,in no way do I condone what was allegedly said to the ardeer player.just find it strange.after reading that post that it didn't come across as an isolated case of a one word racially slur.the post says.abused throughout the game.

Can I ask the Ardeer supporters what they think about the sexual harassment of a female going about her employment?

Racism is wrong end of, but I'd be interested to hear their position re shouting at a female to get her thrupenny bits out or is it ok to be selective about what form of discrimination you get upset at?

Any time I've seen a match with a female ref/assistant, there have always been several shouts from the crowd either for her to "get her tits oot" or get back to the kitchen etc. Junior fitba regardless of which team is involved and senior fitba too, including last weekend's Killie match.

I imagine he abuse must seem much worse when it's directed to you face-to-face on the park rather than from an unknown source in the stands.

Sorry should have added,in no way do I condone what was allegedly said to the ardeer player.just find it strange.after reading that post that it didn't come across as an isolated case of a one word racially slur.the post says.abused throughout the game.

A take it we offended you at some point sweetheart? Its about a player being racially abused by another player. Plain and simple. The fans are nothing to do with!!!

So it`s ok to spout your bile because you`re not a player??? I must have missed that edict. Doesn`t matter what side of the line you`re on and that fact that you`re suggesting otherwise tells me all I need to know.........

Interesting that you`ve chosen to ignore the rest of my post and focus only on this point....Do you need me to explain irony to you??

Yeah am just not getting why you brought them into this when the incident this thread is about is a on field matter. Anyway doesn't matter leave it at that . Thanks for your reply.

Collie wasn't at the game but may have spoken to some of our players.

From my viewpoint yards away in the stand, Arnie appeared agitated on at least three occasions throughout the game, seemingly try to alert the referee to something he had missed. Whether that was abuse or anything else I don't know as I left the ground just after full-time and haven't spoken to anyone from the club in any detail since.

Wasn't at the match on Saturday and haven't read todays paper. Really disappointed to read this. Disappointed beforehand that i couldn't make it as i expected a hot affair but glad i chose go work now.

Greenock hard working battling team, have been as long as i can remember. Don't think the club has ever been involved in any racist behaviour and i know that Kenny McKay was much loved by all at the club. To suggest the club be punished for the actions of one player is crazy imo.

Overall just really disappointed if this is true.

Its wrong, no matter what form of discrimination is used, I have not witnessed any form of the kind of abuse you speak of. I suppose at some point we would have been reported right? Oh wait a minute we haven't been reported or had any sanctions against us. Its just the greeting faced auld yins from the 70s junior who think they run the Junior game. Times are changing more and more young fans are coming to junior games. But I do think that there should be some respect among fans if they truly support there team. Unfortunately you do get the muppets who come to games every 3 years just to cause shite

Does anyone at Ardeer know if the player has reported the matter to the police? If this has happened I don't think it should be the SJFA dealing with it, racial abuse, no matter where it takes place, is totally unacceptable in our society and people who partake for whatever reason should be dealt with accordingly, it would be interesting to find out if any of the guys team mates did hear anything.

Wonder if they have a tea towel size flag like the four camelon ultras ????

The thing is they ain't kids they are i twenties and older. Had no problem with them when we played them.

Archived