Racism in junior football.

colliebhoy

I am from the neck of woods aye. My brother is the captain.

I new some arsehole would try make a meal of my post.

I was thinking more of the tonev incident that it was his word against the other guys. And i do no the guy in question and I think he's a good guy but if he has done this I agree with everyone else that there is no place for it.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

U are a celtic fan rrg so do u think nike and magners ect should have pulled out if their deals with celtic over the tonev incident ? If this is true then obviously itsnot the sort of thing that u want your club to be assosiated with but i reckon u are being very harsh on greenock as a club,basically wanting them to lose all sponsorship and effectivley put them out the game. Hope greenock manage to get it all sorted quickly its not a nice situation for them

U are a celtic fan rrg so do u think nike and magners ect should have pulled out if their deals with celtic over the tonev incident ? If this is true then obviously itsnot the sort of thing that u want your club to be assosiated with but i reckon u are being very harsh on greenock as a club,basically wanting them to lose all sponsorship and effectivley put them out the game. Hope greenock manage to get it all sorted quickly its not a nice situation for them

I would not have blamed them if they did!!

I was Actually more getting at sponsors putting pressure on the club to get rid of the guy. Maybe it didn't come across like that.

I was thinking more of the tonev incident that it was his word against the other guys. And i do no the guy in question and I think he's a good guy but if he has done this I agree with everyone else that there is no place for it.

How would you define a "good guy"?

everytime I've been in his company, he's been nothing but nice abs he's Mates with my brother. I'm not trying to justify it but I just hate rob Roy guy cause he gets slated earlier in thead and he's looking fr a scape coat. How do u no what colour my skin is clown.

everytime I've been in his company, he's been nothing but nice abs he's Mates with my brother. I'm not trying to justify it but I just hate rob Roy guy cause he gets slated earlier in thead and he's looking fr a scape coat. How do u no what colour my skin is clown.
That's fair enough,thanks for replying.

I remember the game at ardeer and being in the crowd as part of the ultras, the weeman up front was a combative player for greenock and he was one of the ones you loved to hate. A actuakly sayed to ma m8 I would like him at Ardeer.....And then he scored and shouted something like "up the ra" funny thing was 60% of ardeer fans there were celtic fans, but we dont talk about celtic or rangers when we are both supporting ardeer. This sparked a crazy reaction and the rest we know is history. A could have put that down to heat of the moment but to racially abuse a fellow player sharing a pitch with you is pish weeman and you should be banned. Ive heard a lot of racial abuse from fans over the years including from our own but it doesn't take long to sort it out from within if you really are a true supporter of your club.

What the f**k are you all about seriously.

Ignoring the screwball, seems to be a few of them from out that way

Look at it like this, the opening post names the guy in question. He gets a three game ban for punching against Ardeer in November.

Someone pointed out his twitter to me and showed me his tweet concerning the up and coming Ardeer game. Sounded as though he was 'well up for it ' .

The Ardeer player walks and asks to be subbed, for it to get to that stage it must of been horrifically bad on the park, his manager takes him off.

Ardeer back the player up and will be taking it further.

Their fans are on here obviously raging at this.

Yet some on here are to be convinced that anything even happened. I mean come on! f**k sake.

All this for me is damming. Any football association with any backbone would throw the book at the player in question .

One year ban, none of this ridiculous three or four game ban. Do it again life ban.

This is something i feel strongly about having played football in the past and witnessed first hand racist shouts from a smartarse opposing player to a team mate of mine. It's disgusting and the fact a boy has had to walk off a football park because of it in 2015 is shameful.

I would do this to ensure as much pressure is put on the club any club to ditch the player in question.

Could be any club not just Greenock in this case. It's what i would do, it's my opinion,

So you're happy for a club to potentially fold on the back of no hard evidence. You really are a rocket.

If true then this should be reported to the correct authorities. SJFA and the police and let them deal with it.

This thread was posted to highlight the fact even in this multicultural society we live in we all have to put up with morons that feel it is acceptable to abuse someone due to the colour of their skin.

Lets get this clear the abuse was not a one off incident it was rather a constant abuse through out the game.

As for him being a "good guy" I don't believe Arnie thinks he is a good guy.That has now been 2 games between the clubs this season a both main talking points arising from the games is this clowns behaviour.

As for calls for greenock to be boycotted that's a bit early I'll reserve judgement on that until they have had an appropriate time to act.

So you're happy for a club to potentially fold on the back of no hard evidence. You really are a rocket.

If true then this should be reported to the correct authorities. SJFA and the police and let them deal with it.

Don't know why nobody seems to get what RRG meant by his post. If the sponsors put pressure on the club to punish the Individual then they're more likely to do so. Never mentioned anything about clubs goin bust.

The tedious little p***k does nothing but make troll posts in P&B. Probably wanting to impress the forum "hipsters" & the inevitable "look at me bros, I'm noising up those Junior thickos!" will soon be made in the fucktards' favourite thread in another of his attempted "comebacks".

Stick Doink on Ignore and move on.

Back on topic, hope the SJFA act on this fast.

:lol:

"I new some arsehole would try make a meal of my post." [sic!]

To be honest you made such a four course of it yourself no-one else really needed to.

IF this incident took place then the responsibility lies with the referee to ensure his report is accurate and contains the information required to allow the SJFA to deal with it. Greenock may or may not want to take a view on this and deal with the player themselves but that`s a matter for them as a club to deal with and how they deal with it will show exactly how their moral compass is set.

Ardeer and their supporters haven`t exactly covered themselves in glory over the years in the ADL and this sudden affection and love in for their ULTRAS is something that mystifies me.Sorry but they aren`t just an exuberant bunch of vocal lads. The type of shouts and tone/content is offensive and regularly goes way beyond terracing banter.

It also seems that people within the Junior fraternity view racism (alleged or otherwise ) as significantly more serious than alleged rape/sexual assault allegations or convictions for drug dealing,carrying knives or domestic abuse. Players across the divisions have been guilty/associated with these very things and you didn`t see anywhere near the level of outrage that this incident has caused.

And just for the avoidance of any doubt, I wasn`t at the game in question, I never heard the incident in question, I don`t know anybody that was at the game, I don`t know wether or not it actually happened.... notwithstanding all that, racism in any way shape or form is abhorrent. Period.

But spare me the witch-hunt and the mob marching to burn down Greenocks stadium.Perspective...

Archived