Films You've Walked Out Off . . .

DeeTillEhDeh

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Such a disappointing end to the Cornetto trilogy.

My sentiments exactly. It was mildly amusing in parts, but overall really poor.

A huge part of it for me was the total role reversal of Frost and Pegg from the norm of Pegg being the straight man to Frost's utter lunacy. Simon Pegg as the wacky maniacal type simply doesn't work.

I've never walked out of the cinema although I occasionally mentally 'walk away' and give up paying attention. Foxcatcher being a recent one.

I rarely don't see a DVD through until the end either no matter how shite it is. Still utterly baffled at how popular The Hangover is though. Managed 20 minutes before I gave up. Utter drivel.

I'm not much of a film buff and me and the wife are choosy as to what we go to see at the cinema. I have only ever walked out of the cinema mid-film once and that was 7even. Not my choice, I hasten to add, but that of the girl I was seeing at the time, who 'felt sick' at some of the scenes and demanded (yes demanded) we leave.

No surprise that it turned out she was a control freak and a bit of a mentalist and we parted ways within a few weeks.

Smashing tits, mind.

Each to their own.

29wv9c1.png

Never walked out on a movie, tend to research before I spe

nd my hard earned cash.

DVD/Vid's I have turned off without finishing -

Sherlock Holmes's Smarter Brother - Gene Wilder at his worst!!

Magnolia - Tom Cruise in a film as drab as the colour

Vanilla Sky - TC can appear in some sh!t for big bucks

Dogsville - A film that left me for dead afetr 15 mins

I've watched The Worlds End a few times now and it's grown on me. Some good humour but the story is pretty terrible tbh. Hot Fuzz is absolutely fantatic

Hot Fuzz was a bit like that for me to be fair - I was a bit underwhelmed the first time I watched it, but really enjoyed it any time thereafter.

Shaun of the Dead is still the daddy of them all for me though.

Hot Fuzz was a bit like that for me to be fair - I was a bit underwhelmed the first time I watched it, but really enjoyed it any time thereafter.

Shaun of the Dead is still the daddy of them all for me though.

I too didn't like Hot Fuzz the first time I saw it. In fact I pretty much hated it. Love it now though.

Thought The World's End was decent, but obviously not as good as the other two.

I've never walked out a film off. I always walk out on.

I've never walked out of the cinema although I occasionally mentally 'walk away' and give up paying attention. Foxcatcher being a recent one.

I rarely don't see a DVD through until the end either no matter how shite it is. Still utterly baffled at how popular The Hangover is though. Managed 20 minutes before I gave up. Utter drivel.

I don't get The Hangover either. So many people recommended the original (people who normally have good taste) that I felt obliged to watch it. It had a couple of vaguely amusing scenes (the wedding band was quite funny) and the premise was ok. I didn't hate it, but overall it tended to steer too close to the crass, knuckle-headed formula that seems to guarantee commercial success these days. The first instalment was a master class in subtlety compared to the second though, and the third one didn't even try to be funny, settling for gratuitous tastelessness in lieu of comedy.

Green street is one of the most atrocious films ever made but i must have watched it about 30 times, including a director interview etc, the director was a woman believe it or not, and one that was trying to make out that there are a lot of people out there who are good men but just like to fight as a form of release as if there is some sort of honour to this sort of activity.

Also the scene at the end when that stupid sister of Elijah Wood drives to the millennium dome and takes her baby with her to try and break up a mass brawl of out of control baboons was as ridiculous a scene as you will see in a film that is intended to be serious

There are just so many flaws with the film i could go on all day but for what ever reason i keep on watching it when I'm bored

I don't know that i even find it funny, its more like morbid curiosity for me like watching death caught on film videos! As if how low people can actually get to to think this is was in any way a decent production!

I put off Tropic Thunder as well, and one Will Ferrel film which may have been Semi Pro but i can't even remember

I don't know that i even find it funny, its more like morbid curiosity for me like watching death caught on film videos! As if how low people can actually get to to think this is was in any way a decent production!

I put off Tropic Thunder as well, and one Will Ferrel film which may have been Semi Pro but i can't even remember

I first watched it when I was maybe 12/13. Had hardly watched any movies and thought it was great. But like mizfit said it's not aged well and now I've watched 1000s of movies and see more in them when I watch them I think it's pretty shite but still like watching it.

I prefer football factory over green street. Doesn't take itself as serious as Green Street does.

The scene on the bus with the ride of the Valkyries ringtone as well :lol:

I prefer football factory over green street. Doesn't take itself as serious as Green Street does.

The scene on the bus with the ride of the Valkyries ringtone as well :lol:

Football factory was brilliant too. Loved the grandad and the other old guy :lol:

Interestingly Green Street has 7.5/10 on IMDB. Surprised at that.

Archived