Cowdenbeath v Alloa

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we were 7 points adrift at the bottom and on a long losing run, I could accept statements like relegation is nailed on.

But we're actually in a position that would have seemed ok before a ball was kicked. We have pulled ourselves up by our bootstraps a few times in recent years as the end of the season neared. I'm still supporting the team and hopeful of making 8th place. I just don't see the point of going to the fitba and revelling in being some sort of prophet of doom.

How many times have we appointed an assistant manager?

Kirk - mixed bag but wasn't with us long.

Cameron - ultimately he was a success.

Lennon - a success.

Who else?

Joe Craig - mixed bag but stable side with young players coming through eventually shat on by the then board

John Brownlie - success

Paddy Dolan (promoted from youth coach) - failure after cracking first half of the season. Plus point he signed Mark Yardley and got Alan Combe to the club whose combined transfers were c£50k

Tam Steven - failure

Sammy Conn - failure but like Steven it was in the days of low wages

Keith Wright - probably too nice a bloke to be a manager but he did lay the foundations of Mixu's side

Also worth bearing in mind that Craig Levein's first season in charge was absolutely horrific. I genuinely believe that clubs change manager far too often and all too often the replacement is someone from the inside or an ex-player which keeps the fans happy for a while. Sure, Jimmy N is having a tough time but we're in a bloody tough league. If you can, cast your mind back to 92-93, now that was hopeless.

Also worth bearing in mind that Craig Levein's first season in charge was absolutely horrific. I genuinely believe that clubs change manager far too often and all too often the replacement is someone from the inside or an ex-player which keeps the fans happy for a while. Sure, Jimmy N is having a tough time but we're in a bloody tough league. If you can, cast your mind back to 92-93, now that was hopeless.

It is a tough league but the was Alloa tearing us a new one at home for the second time this season, not one of the so called big boys. The only team that we haven't sufferred a humiliation against is Livi. We haven't threatened Rangers goal in 180 minutes and been thrashed by every team except Livi. We've rode our luck against them and the scoreline has really flattered us in all three games..

Away at Alloa and Queens were the only decent performances. No-one is saying we should win every game but there should be a performance, especially at home to the teams round about us when it matters.

If the manager can't deliver that he has to go.

Craig had the same problem that Dolan, Steven and Conn etc had at the start ie wages were low. However it was him who got the Blue Brazil lottery etc off the ground and gradually he was able to bring better players in and eventually saw us promoted in 2001.

Its probably down to Craig as to where we are today as he really turned the club around after years in the doldrums.

I had the misfortune of watching all our games in 92/3, and it was a 44 game league, nothing has ever came as bad as that. We actually have more points now than we did for the whole of that season.

If P&B had been around then the internet would have melted :lol:

Would have been two points for a win but I think even converted we would be on less points - although not by much. Could be a long time until we get another win that's for sure, it will be a real tough time for everyone. That's what makes Saturday so disappointing, fully fit squad and it was a massive game and we performed like that.

Hearts, Rangers, Hibs, Qots, Falkirk and Rangers are our next six eh? One point would be a surprise.

Edit: those six are 1/3 of the seasons fixtures left. We have Hearts at Central Park to play as well as Falkirk away again.

That leaves 4 games where we have a better chance of picking up points:

Dumbo at home

Raith away

Livi at home

Alloa away

Can't see us taking anything from Starks so it really is all down to those three games. I just hope we aren't too far adrift of alloa by the time they come - which is conceivable. If Alloa pick up two victories in the next six while we will pick up none that leaves us needing seven points from the last four. We've been here before...

And that's excluding Livi going on a run - which doesn't look likely.

Would have been two points for a win but I think even converted we would be on less points - although not by much. Could be a long time until we get another win that's for sure, it will be a real tough time for everyone. That's what makes Saturday so disappointing, fully fit squad and it was a massive game and we performed like that.

Hearts, Rangers, Hibs, Qots, Falkirk and Rangers are our next six eh? One point would be a surprise.

Whats the worst goal difference ever recorded in this league. After those 6 we'll be getting close to it.

Can't really remember about Keith. I think he was involved in some capacity on the coaching side. Point is, making a change at this point in the season is a highly risky strategy and would require someone who could really shake things up at short notice. What does anyone know about Lee Makel, other than he's already there and would be an easy cheap option?

He had a short spell as manager of Ostersunds in Sweden and was relegated.

We were -77 that season in 92/93 hahah. Can't imagine we will do worse than that however since reconstruction we could be looking at the worst.

Other than Rangers, those teams have all humped us 5-0 this season already. Not impossible for them to do it again. If the Gers /Boyd start converting we might be getting close to that total after 30 games. Ooyah.

It was 2 points for a win but two of our three wins came in the closing weeks of the season, it was a hard slog watching ask your old man about it.

Your right about the points conversion we would have 13 points currently under 2 points for a win a point behind Alloa would be five ahead of Livi who would be on eight after their deduction.

I had the misfortune of watching all our games in 92/3, and it was a 44 game league, nothing has ever came as bad as that. We actually have more points now than we did for the whole of that season.

I only missed Ayr away that season (a game we won). It was certainly a long depressing season, although beating the Pars was memorable. I remember a trip to Meadowbank on a frozen day and some of the worst football ever.

What is worrying is the way we tumbled down the leagues last time. Hopefully we can fight to stay up and avoid this.

Was at all home games but only a handful away games in 92-93 season, it was brutal to watch, best thing that season was beating the Pars at beast end that ended 34 or 35 (i think) games without a win and the Scots cup games against Partick and Hibs. Was at every game the following season which was just as bad. Think we beat Arbroath to end nearly 2 years without a home win that season, grim days indeed.

Archived