Cowdenbeath v Alloa

Well deserved win for the Wasps. Played the better football throughout, albeit it was pretty laboured in the first half in particular. We were guilty of too much messing about around the box after decent build up play and needed two superb strikes to win it. Also managed two quite incredible misses from Marr and Spence but we won't hold that against them, I thought Marr was brilliant and deserves to keep his place.

We had to win that game and it gives us a chance. Now we need to build on it.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was absolute gash. Kudus was even worse. How he finished the game is beyond me.

Some fantastic and committed defending from Alloa.

Thomson with some great saves along with shocking finishing kept the score down.

Toshney is not a centre back.

Lewis Milne is not a left winger.

Colin Nish is not a footballer.

Jimmy Nicholl is not a manager.

What were the tactics today? Punt the ball to Nish and he'll knock it on to Oyenuga who'll score? Great plan. It would be better is Nish moved towards the ball and actually won anything in the air. Oh and if Oyenuga didn't have two left feet.

Were the substitutes (too late again) supposed to change the game in our favour? Deano and Robbo came on because of injuries but why bring Lewis on to play him so uncomfortably out of position? What is he going to do out there, especially with a natural right footed defender behind him?

Why did Chris Kane, Kudus Oyenuga and Colin Nish finish the game? Why did Nish start it? Why has he been given an 18 month contract?

GET TO F*CK, JIMMY NICHOLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Abysmal, abysmal, abysmal! We barely mustered a shot on goal. JN has to go now and maybe somebody can change this dross. No disrespect to Alloa (well done to them again), but if we cannot seize an opportunity like this, then what's the point. Relegation certainties now.

Embarrassing

It was embarrassing but so were the people shouting abuse at Nish he was poor but give him a chance. TOB gave away second goal so people begin to shout at Nish?? Confused?? The game was calling out for a more attack minded midfielder like Robbo and the goals were only a matter of time!! This could have been a season changing moment. If only!

If you look at our team, which management must view as our strongest team as that was the biggest game of our season so far, the imbalance is shocking.

5 defenders with the wing backs. Marshall who only sits deep and chris kane who is a man short.

That leaves only Herron to do all the creating, and he has 2 statues to create for.

What a plan. 7 defensive and 3 attack minded players with zero pace or movement at home to Alloa.

also must criticise the players. Only Thomson in goals and maybe Brownlie had decent games and probably no criticism for Herron.

Dreadful somes it up from someone who keeps things upbeat on here.

I blasted Nish only to be told to calm down as it's not his fault which to be fair is true but his contribution this afternoon was appalling.

Really annoyed tonight that the players do not try compared to last season.This season means just as much and the majority of the players seem to be here for a jolly.

The team that wanted it more won today and well done to Alloa for that.I wish our players had the same mentality.

No excuses poor performance and the players only have themselves to blame as Vince said yet again one step forward two steps back.

Very annoyed and Jimmy must fire his players up to stay in the Championship.

We have extremely competitive games coming up and we have to take something from them

I am a bad loser as I really want Cowden to achieve their long term goals and it annoys me when the players do not put a full shift in for the Cowden cause.Need more like Deano,Kenny etc who genuinely care for Cowden.

Dreadful somes it up from someone who keeps things upbeat on here.

I blasted Nish only to be told to calm down as it's not his fault which to be fair is true but his contribution this afternoon was appalling.

Really annoyed tonight that the players do not try compared to last season.This season means just as much and the majority of the players seem to be here for a jolly.

The team that wanted it more won today and well done to Alloa for that.I wish our players had the same mentality.

No excuses poor performance and the players only have themselves to blame as Vince said yet again one step forward two steps back.

Very annoyed and Jimmy must fire his players up to stay in the Championship.

We have extremely competitive games coming up and we have to take something from them

I am a bad loser as I really want Cowden to achieve their long term goals and it annoys me when the players do not put a full shift in for the Cowden cause.Need more like Deano,Kenny etc who genuinely care for Cowden.[/quote

Down to our level 316. Reality eh? Its a shitter

It was embarrassing but so were the people shouting abuse at Nish he was poor but give him a chance. TOB gave away second goal so people begin to shout at Nish?? Confused?? The game was calling out for a more attack minded midfielder like Robbo and the goals were only a matter of time!! This could have been a season changing moment. If only!

No player deserves abuse but Nish has to take some blame he was brought in to score goals.Nish must find some form as I am sure he was brought in with a decent wage.He holds the ball up very well but for a big player he reminds me of Coult when jumping for the ball.

We don't have the luxury time of giving Nish a chance,he has to play well now and get the ball in the net!

Alloa had 19 shots on goal today and we had 7.I am extremely dissapointed that our players did not want it more.

Archived