Cowdenbeath v Alloa

Although it's an absolute dump I quite enjoy Cowden away. Wether that's down to the old wooden stand, the new goth or our recent record there, or a combination of all 3 I don't know!

Will Alloa fans still need to walk all the way round the ground to the away end again if coming from the New Goth?

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although it's an absolute dump I quite enjoy Cowden away. Wether that's down to the old wooden stand, the new goth or our recent record there, or a combination of all 3 I don't know!

Will Alloa fans still need to walk all the way round the ground to the away end again if coming from the New Goth?

Awe, Diddums! It's hardly miles to walk ya lazy bas.

Times are getting bad at the indodrill when a cowden fan makes a statement like this... :lol::lol:

love how alloa fans think they are superior to us. Fact is in recent times there has been nothing between the teams, the league table doesnt lie. A 96th minute goal in the final game swapped our positions end of last season. This season we are both poor.

love how alloa fans think they are superior to us. Fact is in recent times there has been nothing between the teams, the league table doesnt lie. A 96th minute goal in the final game swapped our positions end of last season. This season we are both poor.

I can assure you Big Al we are not superior to anyone at the moment

Awe, Diddums! It's hardly miles to walk ya lazy bas.

He was only asking the question mate, I didnt detect any complaint from his query. Most probably just much required forward planning- every second counts in the New Goth after all.

What time are the Alloa boys meeting in the new Goth? See you there for a reunion.

printers right, our bus leaves Alloa half 12 so should be about 1pm- great pub.

Simple enough, Cowdenbeath have generally struggled along, taken a few pumpings and picked up the odd win. Alloa have in general competed well in the majority of their games and turned in 4 or 5 brilliant performances. That's what might lead to some Alloa fans believing our team is better than Cowden. Cowden have however thus far shown a greater ability to do the most important thing - pick up points - and you are right in saying that the league table tells the truth and that Cowdenbeath deserve to be 8th and Alloa 9th.

Where you are very wrong is to say both teams are poor. Both Alloa and Cowdenbeath are punching above their weight in this league. To have retained their place at this level (twice for Cowden) and to be well in contention to do it again is a tremendous achievement for both clubs. There are clubs of a similar size currently fighting against relegation from senior football. With wins against Rangers and Hibs, a cup final to come and a fighting chance of a third season in the second tier this season is about as good as it gets for Alloa. As for Cowdenbeath, with your crowds and facilities you can make a good claim to be the biggest over achievers in Scottish senior football. Fans of either sides who believe their teams are poor and that it's been a terrible season are not living in the real world.

Mon the Wasps :)

Simple enough, Cowdenbeath have generally struggled along, taken a few pumpings and picked up the odd win. Alloa have in general competed well in the majority of their games and turned in 4 or 5 brilliant performances. That's what might lead to some Alloa fans believing our team is better than Cowden. Cowden have however thus far shown a greater ability to do the most important thing - pick up points - and you are right in saying that the league table tells the truth and that Cowdenbeath deserve to be 8th and Alloa 9th.

Where you are very wrong is to say both teams are poor. Both Alloa and Cowdenbeath are punching above their weight in this league. To have retained their place at this level (twice for Cowden) and to be well in contention to do it again is a tremendous achievement for both clubs. There are clubs of a similar size currently fighting against relegation from senior football. With wins against Rangers and Hibs, a cup final to come and a fighting chance of a third season in the second tier this season is about as good as it gets for Alloa. As for Cowdenbeath, with your crowds and facilities you can make a good claim to be the biggest over achievers in Scottish senior football. Fans of either sides who believe their teams are poor and that it's been a terrible season are not living in the real world.

Mon the Wasps :)

I could hug you, Voice of Sanity.

Few weeks ago

Huge TV on wall now, have sky etc

Now £2.80 a pint which is still reasonable

Think I will have to pay it a visit on Saturday. Think maybe the 80's look is on the way out if they're investing in a huge TV, Sky Sports & BT Sport.

Just because you are over achieving it doesn't mean you can't be poor and are devoid of criticism.

This. In the main we've been awful this season. The only time we've looked any good is when we were pissing all over Alloa at the Recs who looked like we've looked in most games. Even still we tried our best to chuck that game. I'd still rather be in our position than theirs regardless of how well they've competed in games.

Archived