Cowdenbeath v Alloa

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lose this and it's curtains for alloa and IMO Smith too. In games where we have been expected to get something we get nothing and vice versa. It's win or bust for me I'm afraid.

Alloa must be utterly dreadful to be below us. Barry Smith is doing an appalling job.

I realise you are on a wee fishing trip here but here goes anyway. His record is indeed dreadful but the reason he hasn't been under too much pressure is that the team has been very competitive in most of their games, played some good football and of course pulled off some brilliant results against the bigger names in the league. We had some truly special days.

I think the hope was that eventually the general level of performance would see a wee run of results to lift us up the league. It's looking increasingly likely that it won't happen. Personally, I've had a wee feeling for a while now that we'll end up 10th. The team are still playing for the manager though and I don't think there is any prospect of a managerial change anyway so we just need to get behind the team and hope they get a win or two to get things going. 3 points here are crucial if that is to happen.

I realise you are on a wee fishing trip here but here goes anyway.

He's not. We've been utterly rotten for the majority of the season and yet somehow we are where we are with the possibility of putting some daylight begween yourselves and us.

I'm not. 6 league wins in over a year (2 against Morton) is an appalling record. No matter how competitive you've been in these games that's a dreadful record. A defeat on Saturday would imply to be Smith isn't the man for the job, he can't motivate his players in the games that matter.

I'm not. 6 league wins in over a year (2 against Morton) is an appalling record. No matter how competitive you've been in these games that's a dreadful record. A defeat on Saturday would imply to be Smith isn't the man for the job, he can't motivate his players in the games that matter.

You can motivate Alloa for him.

I realise you are on a wee fishing trip here but here goes anyway. His record is indeed dreadful but the reason he hasn't been under too much pressure is that the team has been very competitive in most of their games, played some good football and of course pulled off some brilliant results against the bigger names in the league. We had some truly special days.

I think the hope was that eventually the general level of performance would see a wee run of results to lift us up the league. It's looking increasingly likely that it won't happen. Personally, I've had a wee feeling for a while now that we'll end up 10th. The team are still playing for the manager though and I don't think there is any prospect of a managerial change anyway so we just need to get behind the team and hope they get a win or two to get things going. 3 points here are crucial if that is to happen.

Thats all fair enough Waspie but you can be competative and lose games by the odd goal or you can get pumped by 3 or 4 goals but the end result is the same, no points.

In my opinion Smith has been too negative not so much in team's selection but how he has set them out to play, its all about containment, every team (apart from Rangers!!) in this league knows that if they score first against Alloa its game over, they can just sit in knowing that Smith isnt going to go for it until the last 15 minutes or so.

Take Saturday for example, no intention of going out and winning the game, sit and contain, lose a goal with 15 minutes to go and then go for it. In that last 15 minutes we created a few opportunities, if we had went for it from the start chances are we would have converted at some point but we are not in my opinion giving ourselves a chance to win games.

I am not saying we should be going out gun-ho against the like of Hearts, Hibs and to a lesser extent Rangers but having seen every other team in the league i think a more positive attitude by Smith would have given us more points and if nothing changes there is no way we will accumulate enough points to survive.

So come on Barry just go for it, if we are to go down i would rather see us go down at least going out trying to win games rather than the turgid gash we are witnessing at the moment.

Thats all fair enough Waspie but you can be competative and lose games by the odd goal or you can get pumped by 3 or 4 goals but the end result is the same, no points.

In my opinion Smith has been too negative not so much in team's selection but how he has set them out to play, its all about containment, every team (apart from Rangers!!) in this league knows that if they score first against Alloa its game over, they can just sit in knowing that Smith isnt going to go for it until the last 15 minutes or so.

Take Saturday for example, no intention of going out and winning the game, sit and contain, lose a goal with 15 minutes to go and then go for it. In that last 15 minutes we created a few opportunities, if we had went for it from the start chances are we would have converted at some point but we are not in my opinion giving ourselves a chance to win games.

I am not saying we should be going out gun-ho against the like of Hearts, Hibs and to a lesser extent Rangers but having seen every other team in the league i think a more positive attitude by Smith would have given us more points and if nothing changes there is no way we will accumulate enough points to survive.

So come on Barry just go for it, if we are to go down i would rather see us go down at least going out trying to win games rather than the turgid gash we are witnessing at the moment.

Change Barry to Jimmy and thats about what we've said all season other than we have been humped by 4 or 5.

Our only problem this season has been a lack of urgency and pace up front. We've a solid defence and the ball gets passed through the midfield nicely. Bit of hysteria creeping in with some of our fans in 2015; worth thinking back to your expectations at the beginning of the season. If it was anything other than a relegation battle, then you were kidding yourself.

We've had an injection of new attacking talent and should easily start picking up points if players like Layne provide the cutting edge we've been missing. And talk of Barry Smith failing to motivate the team is ridiculous, considering some of the committed displays we've seen this season. It's been a dreadful run, right enough, but think back on how many games we could've taken points in if we'd taken our chances. We've been competitive against almost everyone.

The Cowden fans seem even more angry with their team - where do you think you should be this season, out of curiousity?

If you're happy winning 6 league games since the beginning of 2014 then good for you. Some Alloa fans seem to have a defeatist attitude and accept defeats, strange.

Look at Dumbarton fans showing criticism of Ian Murray - where deserved. Blindly backing a manager is utterly ridiculous.

Then you get comments like 'where do you expect to be!!1!1' which are usually peddled out by happy clappers. Football isn't just about results - as Alloa fans know very well - but it's vital.

Archived