Selkirk pumped

tynie1874

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The old selkirk debate. I've seen in the past on Facebook and Twitter that they will sign the best available players in the lowland league area as they are not a borders amateur club but a slfl club.im sure if a good selkirk based lad was available he would get a game. I do know they do have 3 local based lads in there 1st team. This debate is like saying I'm not going to watch celtic/hibs/rangers/hearts because it's full of non local players. Surely you sign the best available player and back your team whoever or wherever they are from.

• 2 weeks later...

That's a great result for Selkirk today and had lead at one point. Selkirk still have 4 games in hand on gala so still a long way to go. People forget selkirk only had 9/10 points last season and where rock bottom of the league so big improvement already

Someone said oconner refused to come off? And was out his face...

Probably slavouring tho, massive improvement on last time teams played especially after i shipped 9 with 4 ogs last time round...

I understand selkirk are paying wages in top 3/4 in the league so surely questions must be asked given how poor they have been following a good start to the season. Possibly a mentality issue rather than ability???

How many of their players would get in any of the top 7 sides? If you're paying more money you still have to pick the right players and then wet them out well and coach them well.

With the budget they have spent they should be a lot higher. But with the squad they have their position in the league looks about right.

Someone said oconner refused to come off? And was out his face...

Probably slavouring tho, massive improvement on last time teams played especially after i shipped 9 with 4 ogs last time round...

What a load of bollocks you write. Also who cares you played for Selkirk. You seem to think folk care .....

I understand selkirk are paying wages in top 3/4 in the league so surely questions must be asked given how poor they have been following a good start to the season. Possibly a mentality issue rather than ability???

Can you back up this rumour with fact??

Can you back up this rumour with fact??

I'm told by a reliable source that some selkirk boys pick up c£70/ week which I would suggest is more than 9/10 teams in the league. Therefore, in my opinion, 12th in the league with 19 points from 18 games is poor.

Archived