Berwick Rangers countdown style numbers game...

It already has been changed back with board approval. Not sure why you're getting all upset about it on the day of one of our biggest games in years.

I just don't understand:

- why it has been incorrectly changed. Whats so gain from lying about it? Its not a big deal.

- why no one was told (oh look i'm moaning about communications again)

Edited to add:

I'm moaning about it today to take my mind off tonights slight nerves.

It was embarrassing enough that it was changed anyway so why make such a song and dance changing it back. It caused a lot of grief and animosity and a lot more besides.

It was changed because the board were shown what they felt was sufficient evidence to change it?

What evidence were they shown to change it back?

Various UK clubs have been shown to have got their foundation year wrong; it's just unusual (1) to have been out by 3 years and (2) to not stick with the [mistaken] original. Personally I'd change it to 1884 as the evidence is compelling, others will say it's traditionally been 1881 so "leave it be", tbf.

Personally I wasn't even aware there was any real controversy about it until just now and I'd actually forgotten about the date on the shirts becoming 1884, although I noted it when introduced.

At the end of the day it only matters to diehards and the historically-minded and if we win tonight I doubt anyone will give 2 hoots about it!!

I've no idea what the real facts are. Neither do you.

Well i know two facts:

Firstly, the evidence used to change the date to 1884, correct or incorrect, is all available for anyone who wishes to read it.

Secondly, nothing at all has been said about why its been changed back.

That itself says something.

I can't believe on the day of arguably our biggest tie since 06/07, another shite argument about our formation year breaks out. At least it's on a fan forum where anything said doesn't particularly matter, as opposed to a level where the strong views could have been destructive. That for me is what pisses me off about the argument.

Archived