Bosch

Ira Gaines

I'd never heard of this until a mate mentioned series 4 starting the other week. Finished series 1 last night and really enjoyed it despite it being very cliched at times.

I also had the problem of the episodes being jumbled up in the two sources I regularly use which was frustrating but got round it with reference to Wiki and IMDB.

Looking forward to starting series 2.

• 1 year later...
On 19/02/2015 at 12:27, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Binge-watched the first three episodes yesterday, and really enjoying it so far. Welliver's a dead ringer for Jimmy Nesbitt, though, is he not?

titus-welliver.jpg343249_1.jpg

And his lieutenant has a bit of an Edie Falco thing going on as well, imho.

MV5BMjEwNTAxNTg3Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTgyefalco.jpg

This, all day long! Amazon Prime has that thing where you can check to see which series the actors have been in before, I kept checking to see it wasn't Edie Falco, couldn't believe it. Separated at birth.

It is a fantastic series, I was late coming to it but really enjoyed it, and as previous posters have said, bloody addictive. A few familiar faces from the Wire, 24 and various others, would highly recommend.

On 15/02/2015 at 10:21, JamieStevenson said:

I'll definitely be watching this. I haven't decided yet whether I'll watch an episode weekly or watch it all at once when I get a chance.

I've never really been a fan of Titus Welliver but I'm willing to give this a try, is he decent?

I thought he was excellent in it, you'll struggle to find a bad performance in the whole thing. You've probably already watched it by now. I'm absolutely ganting on the next series to be honest.

4 minutes ago, Willow Rosenberg said:

Titus Welliver is a really good actor whatever he does. He also does the audiobooks for the series.

Aye? Might have to give them a bash in that case.

On 03/02/2020 at 21:48, jimmy boo said:

Still not started the last series yet as I've been watching a ton of other stuff. I really must.

Yeh, there really is a lot of great telly out there at the moment, too much to choose from - well, too much to choose from AND actually get day-to-day shit done, even as a student with little to no discipline.

2 hours ago, Jarballs said:

Yeh, there really is a lot of great telly out there at the moment, too much to choose from - well, too much to choose from AND actually get day-to-day shit done, even as a student with little to no discipline.

I've just made the mistake of starting The Civil War by Ken Burns!!

• 1 month later...

I'm willing to accept this as overall good. Another two seasons will be enough to 1) give us plenty to binge in the future and 2) round out the story without outstaying it's welcome.

Even getting to five seasons with the consistency levels it's had has been quite something.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Blitzed the last series, probably the best of the bunch really looking forward to how they are going to spin it hopefully it's done right as the number of executive directors almost outnumbered the cast in this series so hopefully it's not a case of too many cooks

• 8 months later...