Queen of the South v Heart of Midlothian, 21/02/2015

The outcome if this game has a big dependency on whether Sow or Reilly are fit for their respective teams. Is Sow likely to be fit. For me he is the best player in the league

I believe Levein tweeted last night that Sow should be in contention next week.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like a 4-5-1 next sat if Reilly is out.ClarkDowie Durnan Higgins HoltKidd Millar Burns Mcshane CarmichaelLyleWith Russell & Paton the two attacking threats in the bench unless we sign a striker this week, please.
I know this goes against everything I normally say but this is how I would set up next week
Has Carmichael played on the left this season? Personally, I dont think he's particularly effective there As someone said on another thread I think the only change will be Paton dropping out for a more natural midfielder. McShane will start but I'd be surprised if it isnt two from Millar, Burns and McKenna beside him. Unless, Reilly isnt fit, in which case Russell will replace him as well
No way should Russell be up front, have you seen the last two games he's come on for Gav.

I don't understand this chat about needing to up our game. Granted we were pish in the 3-2 game but yesterday we were comfortably the better team if not brilliant. If we take our chances we win by 3 or 4 and no one complains.

We were also very good against Alloa a few weeks back so it's hardly panic stations. As long as we continue to score one more than the opposition it's all that matters.

The outcome if this game has a big dependency on whether Sow or Reilly are fit for their respective teams. Is Sow likely to be fit. For me he is the best player in the league

Don't know how far away Sow is from a return but we've managed half the season without him and still strolled it. Zeefuik plays the same type of role as sow and is a more than able deputy. Gonna be a tight game, QOS have impressed me on every occasion i've seen them and their home record is exceptional.

I know this goes against everything I normally say but this is how I would set up next week

No way should Russell be up front, have you seen the last two games he's come on for Gav.

Yes, hes been ok. Not great, or as good as Gav, but ok. Plus he gives us a bit of pace up front.

As we're, obviously, not allowed to play one up front, someone has to play there

Will be a difficult game for us next week, no doubt about it. The first game down there could have turned out very differently had Queens taken one of their early chances.

What's the deal with car parking? My mate parked at the Ice Bowl last time but I'm led to believe there's some sort of event on there so that may not be an option?

A win for Queens here would be bad news for both Hibs and the new club so I can't say I'd be too disappointed if we do lose. 8)

If that does happen, they simply have to follow it up, though. Falkirk are capable of putting in good performances as they showed against us last month, but deep down they're mainly a bunch of shitebags who won't make the play-offs.

Will be a difficult game for us next week, no doubt about it. The first game down there could have turned out very differently had Queens taken one of their early chances.

What's the deal with car parking? My mate parked at the Ice Bowl last time but I'm led to believe there's some sort of event on there so that may not be an option?

Can't confirm if there is an event at the Ice Bowl but there is a big free club car park at the opposite side of the ground at the Arena, not far to walk to where you will be seated. Also street parking in some areas, a big car park at the Tesco shopping centre about 5 mins walk away and some people park in the new Health Centre car park which is on the opposite side of the road as you head to the Arena car park.

I don't understand this chat about needing to up our game. Granted we were pish in the 3-2 game but yesterday we were comfortably the better team if not brilliant. If we take our chances we win by 3 or 4 and no one complains.

We were also very good against Alloa a few weeks back so it's hardly panic stations. As long as we continue to score one more than the opposition it's all that matters.

Certain players aren't performing as well as they have been - Gomis was our top boy for ages, but he's no longer bossing the midfield. Buaben was better yesterday, but he's still misplacing passes more than he was. Keatings wasn't in the game much yesterday, and the game pretty much passed Anderson by. Patterson had a very strange game.

Also, those chances that Zeefuik and King missed - you've really got to score those.

I'm hoping we'll rise to the challenge next week - QOS have been about the best footballing side we've played this season, imo - that's why we'll need to be better to win it.

Definitely. There seems to be some misconception going around that if we don't win by three or four we are playing shite.

The performances in a tough league have been exceptional and folk need to have a wee think back to the football we were playing eighteen months ago and reflect on the progress made both on and off the park.

We're definitely not playing shite, and the improvement from last season is amazing.

We really have nothing to complain about.

The fact is, though, that we're not as slick a unit as we've been - even Danny Wilson has said as much in the press in the last 24 hours.

I'd be tempted to play Burns and McKenna for this one and try and win the midfield battle which has been key in the previous games against the Jambos. The two of those won't give Gomis and Bauben a minutes peace.

That would mean McKenna coming in at the expense of McShane though, or more likely Paton. I'd quite like to shoehorn Carmichael and Millar as well after their match winning performances from the bench. Any chance of us being allowed to play 12 or 13 players in this one?!

Clark

Dowie Durnan Higgins

Kidd McKenna Millar Burns Holt

Carmichael

Lyle

Would that work?

I'd be tempted to play Burns and McKenna for this one and try and win the midfield battle which has been key in the previous games against the Jambos. The two of those won't give Gomis and Bauben a minutes peace.

That would mean McKenna coming in at the expense of McShane though, or more likely Paton. I'd quite like to shoehorn Carmichael and Millar as well after their match winning performances from the bench. Any chance of us being allowed to play 12 or 13 players in this one?!

Clark

Dowie Durnan Higgins

Carmichael

Lyle

Would that work?

I think Carmichael in behind Lyle would work, and Fowler alluded to him being in the thoughts for that position in his post alloa podcast. It would be harsh on Mcshane to be dropped, I think, but otherwise I don't think that will be far off.

Clark

Dowie Durnan Higgins

Carmichael

Lyle

Would that work?

No space for Mckenna in the 1st eleven, We have a very strong midfield just now and he hasn't played enough to merit a start.

Can't believe Mcshane has been omitted!

That apart agree with the other 10 players named.

Yeah it would be harsh on McShane. The lineup I put up isn't a reflection on his performance, I moaned about his set pieces but I wouldn't drop him off the back of that or we'd be as well releasing him because he'd never play!

Fowler now has the luxury of picking the best XI for the game ahead though, not just putting out the strongest eleven available players. His subs won us the game yesterday, and his switch to 3-5-2 has seen us win three games with three clean sheets, so I trust his knowledge of the players' strengths.

Clark

Durnan Dowie Higgins

Kidd McShane Burns Holt

Carmichael

Russell Lyle

That's what I'd go with. I agree with Cammy about the midfield battle, but I don't think McKenna is ready to start a game like this with the length of time he's been out.

Clark

Dowie Durnan Higgins

Carmichael

Lyle

Would that work?

I'd be absolutely amazed if McShane is dropped. I wouldnt be surprised if your formation is correct, especially if Reilly doesnt make it but, as I said earlier, I think it will be two of Burns, McKenna and Millar beside McShane.

Archived