Queen of the South v Heart of Midlothian, 21/02/2015

After witnessing the previous two games, we're due a bit of luck against Hertz this season. As I said earlier I'd take a draw.

Clark

Dowie, Higgins, Holt.

Kidd, McShane, Burns, Miller, Carmichael.

Paton.

Lyle.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent numbers. Even more so considering they've nothing to play for what with the league already sown up :P

Have Hearts officially brought the biggest away support to Palmerston then (at least since we've been given our current capacity)? I thought it looked more packed when they were here than it did when Rangers were.

Hearts brought 2,927 on Oct 4th & Rangers 2,834 on Dec 12th ......

The Rangers attendance though was higher at 6,185 with 5,534 at the Hearts game

Apparently we have so far sold around 2700 tickets for tomorrow.

Hearts Twitter earlier this evening read :

Limited number of tickets available at QoS' away stand tomorrow, you can get them from 1pm at the Rosefield Stand window.
I think whilst QoS are undoubtedly a decent wee side (one I hope puts a run together and makes a mark on the play offs) what we have seen in the previous two matches is that Hearts all round just have better players in most positions. We haven't been playing with the same fluidity over the last couple of months but we still have lots of players capable of producing something out of nothing (like the first 2 goals at Palmerston last time) and if several of our attacking players are on form we are very difficult to get a result against. I think if Queens play an open game it will suit us and they will struggle to contain us. I expect goals and think something like 3-1 Hearts or maybe even more like a 4-2 would be what I would predict.

Tough game but a win today at a venue where Hibs and Sevco have lost will be important for the confidence and will further depress any Hibees or Sevconians holding onto the hope that we're gonna implode in the run in.

That said, a draw wouldn't be that good for the other two either.

Wish I could make it down.

Attack minded bench. Hope Zeefuik gets some support and then Sow and Keatings can come on to add a goal or two.

If on form and there's no daft errors like we had against Falkirk, then this team should win it comfortably.

Archived