Queen of the South v Heart of Midlothian, 21/02/2015

I've been a bit surprised with our two scorelines against Queens so far this season. If we play as sloppily as we have been recently this time around though, we'll definitely drop points.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should be a good game. We are a very strong outfit at palmerston and with the form we are in and hearts it should be a cracker. Nothing to lose as we are not expected to get a result here really,hopefully we can get a win, still dont know how we have been beat 4-1 and 3-0 especially the first game at palmy. Hope reillys injury isnt too serious.

If Reilly is out then we'll struggle. If he is fit then there is every chance we can take something from this.

Think you'll take something regardless, we've been pish since December and are really limping home at the moment.

3 months ago, the prospect of facing Hearts would have been about as appealing as watching my granny get mugged. They seem to have taken the foot off the gas slightly now, but they're still miles above anyone else in this league.

Play like last week and we could get something from the game. Play like yesterday, we'll get an absolute tanking.

Dan must start at the expense of Paton, he was different class when he came on yesterday. His link up with Millar was superb, so I'd be inclined to bench McShane, who had one of his worst games for us.

#Dumfries

Harsh. I would replace Paton with Carmichaeland Burns with Millar. McShane is a great passer but get him off corners as he can't get the ball over the first man.

If Reilly is out we need a loan striker or out of contract striker in this week as a priority

Harsh. I would replace Paton with Carmichaeland Burns with Millar. McShane is a great passer but get him off corners as he can't get the ball over the first man.

If Reilly is out we need a loan striker or out of contract striker in this week as a priority

Nothing harsh about it. I rate McShane highly, but he was poor yesterday as was paton. The other two changed the game when they came on.

Reilly won't be playing next week.

Nothing harsh about it. I rate McShane highly, but he was poor yesterday as was paton. The other two changed the game when they came on.

Reilly won't be playing next week.

Would like to see 4-4-2 next week with burns and millar in centre and dan and russell out wide. Not sure who will partner lyle though.

Hearts have been pretty poor of late, but we're always likely to score a 'special' goal out of nothing. It really will depend on how well our defense perform on the day.

I think we'll win 2-1, scoring both goals against the run of play, and I'll be quite happy. :)

Their team hasn't been playing too well recently, by Heart's fans' admission, but I would probably say a draw is the best we can hope for, although following QoS over the years has taught me to take nothing for granted. I would say that, even losing Laurel and Hardy during the transfer window, we have a stronger squad now with the inclusion of Millar and the return from injury of Burns, McKenna and possibly Mitchell. If Gav's injury keeps him out that will obviously be a serious negative.

Looks like a 4-5-1 next sat if Reilly is out.

Clark

Dowie Durnan Higgins Holt

Kidd Millar Burns Mcshane Carmichael

Lyle

With Russell & Paton the two attacking threats in the bench unless we sign a striker this week, please.

Looks like a 4-5-1 next sat if Reilly is out.

Clark

Dowie Durnan Higgins Holt

Kidd Millar Burns Mcshane Carmichael

Lyle

With Russell & Paton the two attacking threats in the bench unless we sign a striker this week, please.

Has Carmichael played on the left this season? Personally, I dont think he's particularly effective there

As someone said on another thread I think the only change will be Paton dropping out for a more natural midfielder. McShane will start but I'd be surprised if it isnt two from Millar, Burns and McKenna beside him. Unless, Reilly isnt fit, in which case Russell will replace him as well

Archived