BT sport through Virgin customers.

Gaz FFC

If you get your free BT sport through Virgin can you still get it on the go on your tablet or phone like you do if you pay for it seperately?

When you sign up it asks for a customer number which appears on your bill.

As you don't get a bill if you get it through Virgin, then what's the plan here?

• 2 months later...

With the virgin anywhere* app I can only watch if I'm in the house with the box which seems pretty pointless.

Am I doing something wrong?

Anywhere* (with a WiFi connection)

What's the error messege? Apparently the app doens't let you watch live TV on mobile connection, only WiFi and isn't compatible with all android devices...you're probably falling into one or both of these.

Anywhere* (with a WiFi connection)

What's the error messege? Apparently the app doens't let you watch live TV on mobile connection, only WiFi and isn't compatible with all android devices...you're probably falling into one or both of these.

post-16584-14301540737055_thumb.jpg

Ok, I've managed to get it working sometimes. When it doesn't work I can usually just close it and the watch on phone option appears next time..

Got another question - I assume virgin media customers are going to need to pay for bt sports next season with them getting the champions league rights for big bucks? Surely they won't be giving that away for free

Ok, I've managed to get it working sometimes. When it doesn't work I can usually just close it and the watch on phone option appears next time..

Got another question - I assume virgin media customers are going to need to pay for bt sports next season with them getting the champions league rights for big bucks? Surely they won't be giving that away for free

Looks like it will still be included in the XL package up untill Aug 2016, they have it on a 3 year deal. clicky

Asked a friend who works with BT and this was his response

I'm not sure what the strategy is going to be from next season with the CL rights. This deal just means that Virgin Media customers can pay for BT Sport in the same way that Sky customers can.

I'm hopeful that BT Sport will remain free for BT Broadband customers. If there's going to be any changes I reckon they will be announced by the end of the month.

I've just changed my phone and Broadband to BT and get BT sport free.

When I was leaving Sky I informed them this was 1 of the reasons for me quitting after 11 years.

The champ league is about the only live football i watch in the house.

Archived