South Region Challenge Cup Draw

locharinn

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QF FTs. Shock at Dalbeattie.

Whitehill Welfare 2-1 Edusport Academ (aet)

Vale of Leithen 1-2 BSCG

East Kilbride 0-1 Edinburgh City

Dalbeattie Star 0-1 Civil Service Strollers

SF draw:

BSCG v Edinburgh City

Civil Service Strollers v Whitehill Welfare

Off the back of last weeks conversation, it seems Sammy out coached skin this week- and he didn't even have a game!

What happened to Star this week as strollers aren't one of the leading lights in the eos IMO.

Well done to vale of leithen and bsc glasgow yesterday for playing out a cracking cup tie in very difficult conditions bsc certainly were the better side in the 1st half and deserved their 1-0 lead at half time, vol stepped it up and a deserved equaliser through bad defensive play by bsc but bsc came back in to the match and got a deserved winner late in the match

Interestingly this is the second season in a row that the 'debutant' club to LL (infact to Senior football overall) has made SFs.

EK last season, BSCG this season. Edusport were not far from making it a pair.

Interestingly they both qualified out of the south west group.....

Interestingly they both qualified out of the south west group.....
Before NB explodes - correlation doesn't necessarily imply causation. No 'new' NE club has joined LL, or ESL since Shippy in 2012; thus no NE club could do this 'feat'.
Ha ha so ye see its no just me that thinks it should be all in from the start then :D

• 4 weeks later...
Those are some tight games. Good to see an eos team make it. Will the ww red cards be suspended for the semis?

Yes John Hall and Wayne Sproule both sent off against Edu Sports are suspended as is Wayne Mackintosh who picked up a yellow against Edu Sports to go along with the yellow received v Ormiston.

As Rab says mon the welfarrrrrrre !!

C'mon the Welfare !

I caught the 1st 1/2 decent for the neutral. I've just heard that CSS won 1 nil & WW had a fellah sent off.

Will look forward to Mickey's blog over the next few days, have the Welfare done a Liverpool after promising so much?

Grimbo

Civil Service Strollers 1-0 Whitehill Welfare

BSC Glasgow 5-0 Edinburgh City

Well, I doubt many people saw those results coming :o.

Congratulations to both clubs for reaching the Final, an "inter-city" affair. Special mention for CSS, who have beaten 2 decent LL outfits in the process; and the BSC management, who have reached 2 SCC finals in 2 seasons with 2 debutant clubs.

WW are a team in free fall, wee Mickey will need to rebuild for next season if they are going to challenge for the league.

But does he have the contacts to do it? the days of plundering EOS and LL teams for the best players are over, that is what he has done over the years to win titles etc so it would be refreshing and interesting to see if he can actually build a new team from scratch.

I caught the 1st 1/2 decent for the neutral. I've just heard that CSS won 1 nil & WW had a fellah sent off.

Will look forward to Mickey's blog over the next few days, have the Welfare done a Liverpool after promising so much?

Grimbo

Yes McGlashan sent off wouldn't have made any difference if stayed on.

Biggest cup to be in and lose to a team league below.

Didn't feel like that today.

Worthy winners the strollers and best of luck to them in the final.

No.9 was a handful a player could easy make the step up to LL.

Keeper had an outstanding save of season from Andrew kidds shot from about 30 yards.

Nae excuses I'm away back to Newcastle getting on with my life ,Wednesday I'm making the tea and doing the dishes :P

WW are a team in free fall, wee Mickey will need to rebuild for next season if they are going to challenge for the league.

But does he have the contacts to do it? the days of plundering EOS and LL teams for the best players are over, that is what he has done over the years to win titles etc so it would be refreshing and interesting to see if he can actually build a new team from scratch.

Wee bit harsh seems lose 2 games and we in crisis ?

Nae disrespect to the strollers but WW should be comfortable playing teams like them.

Strength in depth ?

aye maybes some new faces required but as has been proven at Spartans ye canny keep everyone happy with big squads.

At same time wee squads dinnae work either :o

Don't bother reading the blog.just pen back to about 50 other blogs over the last 2 years and the same subject matter will be addressed.....Ill disipline

you could always grow your own talent from the youth teams... :rolleyes:

you could always grow your own talent from the youth teams... :rolleyes:[/quote

And your star players this season have been youths like ?

Today was probably oor biggest game of season playing for the biggest cup bar the championship though if ye seen the game you would never know that, that's why I'm no happy ttb !

Yous on the other hand ???

Pre match what would be biggest price in bookies Strollers to win or BSC -4 :P

Least give the BSC lads some credit, after all there's critics of the LL who think they shouldn't even be there and we all know who they are.

Well done both BSC and Strollers all the best

Archived