The Greenock Galacticos @ The Brechin Bumpkins

Brechin should have won that in the end. Morton were poor and didn't show anything to suggest they will catch Stranraer. The hammer throwing defenders spent much of the second half kicking Bobby Barr off the park.

The idea that Morton should provide an exhibition as to how they will 'catch' Stranraer in one of our rapidly diminishing set of away fixtures is just a standard exercise in diddy fail tbh. Morton and Stranraer have two crucial head to head matches in the final third of the season, while Morton have two extra home games compared to Stranraer. The race remains a dead-heat for now then.

Taking a point from a fairly tricky away match in which we didn't play well at all, with just five of those fixtures left in the season now, keeps us in a good position. By contrast, the point is far less useful for Brechin, who much like their Angus neighbours are being edged out of title contention with every passing week.

You can almost taste the tears.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some really physical challenges in the latter part of the game which earned the Morton lot a heap of yellow cards. Some lucky not to be straight reds in our view.

Such as?

Will need to see the highlights to see if the disallowed one was offside or not. A bit of debate as to whether it was. The ref decided it was offside so that is the final decision.

A debate, solely among cretins in the home fanbase. The linesman was flagging before the ball even reached the Brechin player, given how obvious their offside position was.

But other than those pesky facts then yep; clearly another case of Scottish officials colluding against, erm, an absolute no-mark club like Brechin.

:1eye:1eye:1eye

Perhaps churlish to complain about getting a point when Brechin are in excellent form and on the balance of play we should have lost, but it's yet another example of points thrown away as a direct consequence of Jim Duffy's incompetence. Yes, it was a great ball in for Brechin's equaliser but a team with a competent defence wouldn't have conceded that as a well organised defence does not concede basic set piece goals. Had our defence been organised for that cross coming in rather than staggering after runners like headless chickens we'd have won that game. A draw at Brechin isn't a bad result, but drawing the way we did is disappointing.

Duffy has these players to work with on a full-time basis but can't get the basics of defending a set-piece right, while despite watching him in training every day he can't see that Sean Crighton is several trillion lightyears away from the required standard to play a game of fives and instead plays him at a serious level of professional football. It's simply not good enough.

Despite our excellent transfer window giving us the best squad in the league - which Duffy does deserve huge credit for - we're still far from favourites to win the league because our manager is a total clownshoe.

I'm looking forward to your post-match seethe on here to be honest :)

The only seethe I have seen in the last couple of pages has been from the Greenock direction and in particular...true to form...VT.

They just can't seem to handle the fact that this full time Morton team is no better than a wee part time Angus outfit who continue to punch above their weight. 2 points from a possible 9 and they still have the cheek to ridicule , abuse and make an absolute c**t of themselves...........As that solitary twat of a fan did in the first half yesterday. He went on a VT type tirade at the bottom end of the ground, abusing players , opposing fans of all ages and just anyone who dared to support their team. Really classy stuff.

This has rubbed off on here it seems. Folk giving their own take on proceedings just get slaughtered by ignorance . Anything said and the seige mentallity sets in and the wagons are circled to protect their own.

I now await the verge of tears , searching for relevence type comments from yours truly or his lap dogs.

Such as?

A debate, solely among cretins in the home fanbase. The linesman was flagging before the ball even reached the Brechin player, given how obvious their offside position was.

But other than those pesky facts then yep; clearly another case of Scottish officials colluding against, erm, an absolute no-mark club like Brechin ! A no mark club that you have failed to beat in years , Prob due to fact you ve been in league above getting pumped 10 (TEN ) 1 in certain games ??? I suppose ! Whilst we ve been in our rightful league , Think you ll find fans of clubs like ourselves n Forfar know our places in scottish footballand appreciate the good times more than you under achieving west coast hasbeens ! Yesterday morn and all week the posts on here about how you were gonna easily beat us and the title would be yours this season etc etc ! Fact is your in the mix with Stranraer , Brechin and Forfar 3 tiny yokel , bumpkin , tuechtar call us what you want part time teams run on shoe string budgets , and your struggling big time !! Not once in any of the 3 games against us can you say you ve deserved a win ! 2 soft penalties have given you 2 draws !

For the record Trouten was offside at the end .

Morton have the squad to stroll this league now, unfortunately they have the boss to get them relegated.

As someone in the know I can tell you Duffy has his pets and he allows this to compromise his best team. He is a nice guy no doubt but his ego gets in the way when he is in charge, he's very similar to Jim McInally in that respect.

It's plain to see that Miller gets a game over O'Ware, Crighton gets a game over Lamie and Steph McCluskey gets a game over everyone.

We'll all need to hope that MacDonald can stay fit and win us the league in spite of all this.

He is a nice guy no doubt but his ego gets in the way when he is in charge, he's very similar to Jim McInally in that respect.

Let's be honest here, regardless of your thoughts on his ability as a player or manager, Jim McInally's an absolutely horrible person. May have been a nice guy to his favourites, but ask Kenny McLean or Andy McLaren how nice a person he is.

Let's be honest here, regardless of your thoughts on his ability as a player or manager, Jim McInally's an absolutely horrible person. May have been a nice guy to his favourites, but ask Kenny McLean or Andy McLaren how nice a person he is.

Yes apologies, I meant McInally was like Duffy only in respect of his ego getting in the way when he's in charge. I did not mean to insinuate that McInally is a nice guy which he of course isn't.

Well I was a the game with some sensible Morton fans who let me know that it was never a penalty. I was also pretty much in line with the offside decision - it was offside.

The game itself did not come to life until after half time. Most of the first half played in the midfield with some chances created, most notably trouten firing against the keeper. The second half came to life due to the soft pen (see above) and then Morton wasting time with half an hour to go and McKinnon changing it around for us. Why Thomson did not start with Jackson being out I will never know - he made a difference with his physical presence. Mortons defence just stood frim against our midgets with high balls.

Barr is a good player for us and I like him but he does irritate me in equal measures; doing down easily and over complicating play by trying to beat defenders twice; that said I would still have him in the team. We looked quite solid at the back again and Fusco was good at breaking up the midfield.

As always when their is full time team in our league their supporters struggle to accept that the smaller part time clubs can and do match them; hence the general slagging off of us rather than discussion on the game. There are five part time cubs above Morton in Scotland and they don't like it.

They are still living off their past glories (?) no doubt I am about to enlightened to what these are. Conceding 100 goals in the premier league ? Or am I getting you confused with another big club?

Cue abuse! I thought Crighton had a good game yesterday. I also thought the game changer was the double sub Brechin made and Thomson was far more of a handful than the wee guy from Aberdeen he replaced. Duffy's Lamie sub was clearly an attempt to shore up what was already a creaking defence which had looked comfortable up to Brechin's subs.

Brechin's equaliser whether from a set play or not was a cracking goal which few defences would have stopped. A wee bit credit where credit is due would not go amiss!

Our two upfront looked dangerous and worked with what little service they got. Forbes still looks a decent addition. Pepper can play a lot better than he did yesterday. O'Ware was also decent at centre back but equally, he is a better holding midfielder than Miller.

The whole match though, Brechin did better with second ball than we did. They seemed to be able to pick up ball out of their own defence better than us but in fairness, the park was very difficult for both teams and there was never going to be silky soccer on it.

Cue abuse! I thought Crighton had a good game yesterday. I also thought the game changer was the double sub Brechin made and Thomson was far more of a handful than the wee guy from Aberdeen he replaced. Duffy's Lamie sub was clearly an attempt to shore up what was already a creaking defence which had looked comfortable up to Brechin's subs.

Brechin's equaliser whether from a set play or not was a cracking goal which few defences would have stopped. A wee bit credit where credit is due would not go amiss!

Our two upfront looked dangerous and worked with what little service they got. Forbes still looks a decent addition. Pepper can play a lot better than he did yesterday. O'Ware was also decent at centre back but equally, he is a better holding midfielder than Miller.

The whole match though, Brechin did better with second ball than we did. They seemed to be able to pick up ball out of their own defence better than us but in fairness, the park was very difficult for both teams and there was never going to be silky soccer on it.

Nice to see Tonsilitis slither back onto the forum under an alias with the "cue abuse" patter that he's so famed for any time someone's got the temerity to disagree with him.

Archived